• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#21 Evil1

Evil1

elite

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 25 February 2006 - 07:20 PM

Before all the penguin people try to turn the newbies into linux heads, Let me say something. There is nothing wrong with windows. Exploits and such are found on it all the time. You dont need linux to be a "uber 1337 h4x0r". Open source aint shit if you dont understand whats going on. Try getting deep into windows.

#22 TrippinX

TrippinX

mad 1337

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 11:36 AM

wanna play rock, paper, scissors on that :D

nah really I agree... in order to be succesful it often requires knowledge (or cowledge :wacko: ) in many different OS' ... try learning how to use them all. also good luck on your programming.

#23 anthrax_postman

anthrax_postman

Mack Daddy 31337

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 01:09 PM

What is python? What is it used for?

#24 asn

asn

SUP3R 31337 P1MP

• Members
  • 298 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 02:20 PM

View Post

http://en.wikipedia....amming_language

#25 Bizurke

Bizurke

Thought Criminal

• Members
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 04:41 PM

Wow I never see python brought up in "how do I hack" threads. I decided to learn Python a long time ago and everyone flamed me with "screw python learn perl" and all the other types of flaming. I'm glad to see people picking up python, I think it's a great language and is rather easy to pick up. Incase none of you have noticed (which I'm sure you all have) The python website is full of tutorials, manuals, and other information to get you started.

I also agree that you should READ READ READ READ. Read all you can and what you can. And don't be afraid to ask questions, but when you do check google first, then search the forum for other posts about it. There's nothing more annoying than the 8th posting of the same thread. Good luck to you guys with your python learning.

#26 oddflux

oddflux

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 05:04 PM

Hasn't this post been made in several places, over a long period of time, if you'd like to learn how to hack, grab a decent book, read, and test your knowledge. Google is also your friend.

#27 PFI

PFI

SUP3R 31337 P1MP

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 01:54 AM

Google is also your friend.

View Post

i look at it as more of a brother figure. maybe even mother. sucking from its fat tit of information.

EDIT: i mispelled tit....stfu

Edited by PFI, 05 March 2006 - 01:56 AM.

#28 Dr. Z2A

Dr. Z2A

Dangerous free thinker

• Members
  • 845 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 02:27 AM

C++ :(  take this from another nuub, C++ is evil. Im starting with Python :)

Isn't C++ a little advanced for a person without programming skills?

View Post

C++ makes a great starting language. Although I would recommend C instead, C++ is just for people who suck at C (but that may just be the elitist in me speaking :P ). I learned C as my first language and if anything I am a better programmer now because of it. Something like python is made to make programming easy, but programs in python run slower, its harder to do a lot of lower level things, and it doesn't give you the level of control that C does. When learning I think you want as much control at your fingertips as possible so that you can play around with everything and get a more complete understanding.

#29 chaostic

chaostic

rekcah-rebÜ

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 05:55 AM

Well, the easier a language (How many commands it has), the less it can do (Farther away from straight assembly).

It all depends on what you plan on doing. I personally think learning a weak language first is better. It allows you to understand what is happening alot quicker and better.

#30 .ghost

.ghost

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 02:13 PM

C++ :(   take this from another nuub, C++ is evil. Im starting with Python :)

View Post

C++ makes a great starting language. Although I would recommend C instead, C++ is just for people who suck at C (but that may just be the elitist in me speaking :P ). I learned C as my first language and if anything I am a better programmer now because of it. Something like python is made to make programming easy, but programs in python run slower, its harder to do a lot of lower level things, and it doesn't give you the level of control that C does. When learning I think you want as much control at your fingertips as possible so that you can play around with everything and get a more complete understanding.

View Post

I agree im learning c right now and all my other friends are learning other languages and ive noticiced i have a lot more control. I'm probably guna (a word where im from) learn c++ next and then c#.

#31 HaNoCr

HaNoCr

HACK THE PLANET!

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 08:23 AM

Well, I think I started with Win95 :P .
Learned how to use a Mouse and Keyboard, then went on with other Win stuff. When Win Millenium got released, I grasped all those LanNET stuff like ip, tcp and http. With Win Millenium I also learned how to use some DOS shit and all that stuff like writing Batch Data.
When I got WinXP, i learned HTML, Js, and MySQl (<-- Which I mostly have forgotten today).
After that i began to recognize, that I'm interrested in Hackin'. So I went on , the Yeary passed by, and well , now I'm some kind of Hacker n00b.
Ps:
I forgot C++ and C, which I'm trying to learn now.
AND Python drives me crazy, I know the basic, but I really don't like it.

HaNoCr
:blowfuse:

#32 chillmaster

chillmaster

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 12:08 PM

http://www.eve-online.com/

They love python for its non-threading goodness

#33 Replica

Replica

elite

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 06:54 PM

http://www.eve-online.com/

They love python for its non-threading goodness

Wow... first of all I find it kinda cool that one of my first threads got renewed.

C++ :( take this from another nuub, C++ is evil. Im starting with Python :)

An update: Snippet you were right, I was immediatly overwhelmed by C++ so I ended up only learning Javascript and CSS.

#34 Enkil

Enkil

SUP3R 31337 P1MP

• Members
  • 278 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 09:34 PM

There was a driver here in Argentina called Fangio.
He was good... very very very good, look him up this is a real story.
The thing is, he was so good, he listened to his engine, and could throw in the shifts without clutch. So i beleive the best way to start (im nothing but a newb myself) is to know your gear so well you can get to 5th without clutching.

i hope that was a real term and a good verb usage for that pedal you hit when your car is not automatic :P

Anyways, i like the break appart put together aspect of hacking. I sit in front of my hardware with everything unplugged, discs formatted, and think "ok, what do i want to do this weekend".
This last month, past weeks actually, i decided to give linux a try. So i installed xubuntu after someone suggested it and since it was gonna run nice with my restricted hardware, i thought why not!
So then i realized i also need windows for some common stuff such as watching movies because as good as the xubuntu is with my hardware, i still havent found a way to play a 2 hour movie without it going at 0.5x speed -_-

Thats what hacking is all about to me, being a fucking nerd who loves to make things work... needless to say, i had to install windows on a 4gb drive, then realize it WOULDNT WORK, then see how the hell i could make the computer load my 3 drives on startup... long story, dont think you want to knwo about it.

But go ahead and know your hardware like it was a piece of your body, and then start thinking how you want to pump up those muscles with some codein and other proteines *snort*

overall, just have fun with the hacking, whatever aspect of it you choose or definition you decide to define.

#35 HaNoCr

HaNoCr

HACK THE PLANET!

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 06:53 PM

Question:
Are there in the US really only automatic Cars?
No manual shift?

In germany nearly everybody has a non automatic car :-) .

HaNoCr

#36 Shok

Shok

I broke 10 posts and all I got was this lousy title!

• Validating
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 03:29 PM

Question:
Are there in the US really only automatic Cars?
No manual shift?

In germany nearly everybody has a non automatic car :-) .

HaNoCr

The US has all types of cars. A lot of people here are big with muscle/sport cars, which usually require shifting.

Anyhow, I started with C. I'm a better man for it to. :P

I take that back, I didn't start with C, I started with C++ but quit that in a week or so ("OOP ain't fo' me"), and learnt C.
(I'm not counting X/HTML, CSS, JavaScript, SQL, PHP, etc.)

Edit, I forgot 51% of the point :o

C is a good starter language, as it teaches you real programming (unlike python, don't get me wrong Python's good, but not many languages require spacing (which, spacing is good) and don't use {, ), ;, etc.). It also gives you enough control to pretty much do anything (notice the 'pretty much'); making it very useful.

Edited by Shok, 19 November 2006 - 03:32 PM.

#37 noquarter

noquarter

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 01:32 AM

Is there a certain book or website that ya'll would recommend for learning Python? My friend has Python in a Nutshell Second Edition which he's willing to give me, is this a good book to start learning with?

Edited by noquarter, 23 March 2007 - 08:31 AM.

#38 Malachai

Malachai

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 12:02 AM

Well for me rather then learing programming right now. I would like to learn how to hack a computer. I started to learn linux by installing FC6 on my laptop. I would really like to get into wifi hacking and security...

Any good tips or url you might suggest to learn security using linux or something towards security.

--Malachai--

#39 MetalguyX

MetalguyX

Gibson Hacker

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 02:16 AM

If i learn HTML , will it be easyer to understand PHP? or its same?

(becouse i know a little/middle HTML)

#40 Seal

Seal

Not a fan of clubs.

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 2,440 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 06:17 AM

If i learn HTML , will it be easyer to understand PHP? or its same?

(becouse i know a little/middle HTML)

It'll make things sliiiiiiightly easier to understand.
I'd argue that PHP is much more complex and harder to grasp than HTML.
HTML is about placing objects on a web page; PHP is about coding the objects themselves.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!