• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 MCP

MCP

SCRiPT KiDDie

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 06:12 AM

Im sorry if this is a stupid question but does anyone know of any online telnet clients?

#2 coding_monkey

coding_monkey

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 347 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 09:20 AM

Im sorry if this is a stupid question but does anyone know of any online telnet clients?

No but why would you want to use one 'online' (you meen on the web, right), rather than just go into cmd and type

telnet <ip> <port>

Maybe if you explain more about what you're trying to do we could tell you if there's another way though?

#3 sazzer

sazzer

elite

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 09:38 AM

No but why would you want to use one 'online' (you meen on the web, right), rather than just go into cmd and type

telnet <ip> <port>

Maybe if you explain more about what you're trying to do we could tell you if there's another way though?

My guess here would be for if you have web access but not access to the telnet tool... I have seen a java applet which is an SSH client, and I've seen an ActiveX one which is for Microsoft Remote Desktop, but I've never seen a telnet one...

The SSH one is here: http://www.netspace.org/ssh/. The RDP one I don't know of an address for unfortunatly.

#4 MCP

MCP

SCRiPT KiDDie

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 10:34 AM

Exactly what sazzer, I don't have access to the command prompt, I only have access to Internet Explorer. Yes coding_monkey I do mean on the web.

#5 PFI

PFI

SUP3R 31337 P1MP

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 10:44 AM

use internet explorer to get firefox!!! :D

#6 MCP

MCP

SCRiPT KiDDie

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 01:10 PM

use internet explorer to get firefox!!!  :D

If only, I'm on a limited account and can't download or install anything.

#7 alaa-78

alaa-78

the 0ne

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 03:52 PM

use internet explorer to get firefox!!!  :D

If only, I'm on a limited account and can't download or install anything.

Then instead of aiming on telnet which in your case is a bad choice why dont you aim on the administrator priviledges , at least get full control on your own pc before you try other ppl's pc's ...

For me i tricked the network admin on my LAN and stolen my Admin password as well as the network password .... Hmmm U have to know your priorities :P

see you

#8 systems_glitch

systems_glitch

Dangerous free thinker

• Moderating Team
  • 1,657 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 06:16 PM

I used to use a Java telnet client at http://www.happyfreebies.com to connect to my shell account from the restricted internet connections at mil school -- they had a HTTP-only proxy running. I think the HappyFreebies applet-dealy is broken currently, though.

PuTTY on a flash drive, maybe?

#9 MCP

MCP

SCRiPT KiDDie

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 04:58 AM

Then instead of aiming on telnet which in your case is a bad choice why dont you aim on the administrator priviledges

I don't want to get into trouble for getting the admin's password. systems_glitch shame that freebies one is broken it would have come in handy. Another question seeing as I can't find any good ones, how hard would it be to create one?

#10 systems_glitch

systems_glitch

Dangerous free thinker

• Moderating Team
  • 1,657 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 09:33 AM

See if you can find the contact of the happyfreebies site and get the applet code from them. I'm sure they wouldn't mind, being as how they let people use it for free, and they don't seem to be fixing it.

#11 jabzor

jabzor

hax?

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 12:42 PM

Another question seeing as I can't find any good ones, how hard would it be to create one?

Are we talking for local or remote connections?
(within your same subnet, versus outside - to thirdparty locations that are still internet accessible)

If you just want to hitup some proxy site you made (ex . myproxysite.com/tel/) enter some ip/domain in a form, and create a connection to that site from your site - not too hard at all, tcp wrappers for the win (go look in the code section, it's all there).
Just as easy if you are looking to telnet in to one of your local boxes all you have to do is feed everything to the local webserver.

If you want to connect to other computers in the local subnet, you maybe have to be executing the code local (java.. maybe flash) .. more work, basically porting telnet all the way over to another language, the fundamentals are all there you just need to create the front and setup the sockets :)

OR you know, you could just use..
http://www.mud.de/se/jta/ <- :D :D :D guess what, it supports ssh too :D

#12 chedder

chedder

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 12:58 PM

meh, just crack the sam file with john the ripper, and then install opera (... or firefox, if you dont like free memory).

#13 MCP

MCP

SCRiPT KiDDie

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 01:29 PM

Thankyou guys.

#14 chedder

chedder

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 03:24 PM

and by the way, telnet is pretty much just... connections, you could easly moddify cgi-irc and make it into a telnet client, without any coding knowlage.

#15 jabzor

jabzor

hax?

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 03:45 PM

and by the way, telnet is pretty much just... connections, you could easly moddify cgi-irc and make it into a telnet client, without any coding knowlage.

Somebody has never looked at the ascii references belonging to telnet terminal specifics. :roll:

As far as raw sockets go there isn't that much too worry about, but all the encoding and interpretation that must take place is not something to scoff at.

It all depends on what you want to do; you can 'surf the net' using a simple socket connection, but this is a FAR ways off from using Lynx.. course for simple CLI with no echo and bare/nil Terminal support i guess you are 'ok' -_- .

:teeth: :o :D

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!