- - - - -

Anywhere to get free linux

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 GUEST_Linux L00zer_***

GUEST_Linux L00zer_***
  • Guests

Posted 20 July 2003 - 09:56 PM

i need a cheap or free :-) comp,and free linux, any links??? Thanks to all who can help

#2 BiZaR

BiZaR

Mack Daddy 31337

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 20 July 2003 - 09:58 PM

here : http://www.linuxiso.org

#3 ragweed

ragweed

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 484 posts

Posted 20 July 2003 - 11:09 PM

i need a cheap or free :-) comp,and free linux, any links??? Thanks to all who can help

dont we all need a free comp ^_^

#4 GUEST_Youngbrain_***

GUEST_Youngbrain_***
  • Guests

Posted 21 July 2003 - 11:37 AM

so true, i need one also, check local comps for any dead ones you can canabalize, im in search mode right now...

#5 phreakblaze

phreakblaze

...and would you belive they let me play with 30TB!!!

• Members
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 21 July 2003 - 10:12 PM

I know if my parent s were to let me get some out of the "technology dumpster" at the dump, i would be swiming in good parts. I've seen 2001 deels and agteways in the dumpster. It is locked up at night, but they let you take any parts durring day, its too faer away to go at day, and my dumbass parents don't realize how much of a gold mine that is. all i can say is that its funny how people will toss a good 2002 gateway comp cause the video card is bad ( a adult i know that goes in found it).

Well since i can't go in... well, oh poo! :angry:

#6 Y0ungBra1n

Y0ungBra1n

The floor is made of lava!

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 23 July 2003 - 05:47 PM

my dad actually doesn't care if i go searching computers...beacuse our was stolen (old 95) i guess he thinks it don't matter or such... :D

thats one good thing bout parents :lol:

#7 phreakblaze

phreakblaze

• Members
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 24 July 2003 - 11:40 AM

I live near a lake. so when i find old computers from like 95, i drag them away, at the park there is usualy some garbage that will float good so i find all of it, tie it to the computer , light it and oush it so the flaming thinks goes to the middle of the lake then sinks.

#8 Y0ungBra1n

Y0ungBra1n

• 1,239 posts

Posted 24 July 2003 - 12:01 PM

then in 2200 that lake is drained and 500 computers are sitting, still there, but burnt to a crisp and the aliens think to themselves:

WTF, some humans are so crazy...

:D

#9 phreakblaze

phreakblaze

• Members
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 24 July 2003 - 12:38 PM

then in 2200 that lake is drained and 500 computers are sitting, still there, but burnt to a crisp and the aliens think to themselves:

WTF, some humans are so crazy...

:D

silly aliens, tricks are for fuckers.

Ok, that has no purpose of being posted, but, WTFwhy not.

#10 Y0ungBra1n

Y0ungBra1n

• 1,239 posts

Posted 24 July 2003 - 12:51 PM

i need to go to the libary and pick up the linux cookbook and linux in a nutshell later. They ordered them from the other county :D

I love being served :lol:

#11 phreakblaze

phreakblaze

• Members
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 24 July 2003 - 01:18 PM

I actualy do some public service at the library, I help them decide what computer, and manga books to get. Now i get what i want at some one elses expence( the tax payers, but they are just people like my mom and dad, not me :D ).

#12 Y0ungBra1n

Y0ungBra1n

• 1,239 posts

Posted 25 July 2003 - 10:21 AM

yeah, but i would just rather be a card holder than do that, cause i don't mind waiting. Just, when I get that phone call, im gone :lol:

#13 phreakblaze

phreakblaze

• Members
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 25 July 2003 - 11:11 AM

well its not like i went there all the time, just after school, nut with school out, i have to wait to get new books, but i have my cisco, c++ in 21 days, java in 21 days books to finish!!!

#14 StankDawg

StankDawg

same old Dawg, no new tricks

• Moderating Team
  • 8,073 posts

Posted 25 July 2003 - 11:19 AM

well...this is the cheapest i can think of...we have talked about them on the show before.

http://www.walmart.c.....106562:117880

comes preinstalled with SuSe, decent speed/power, and ready to go out of the box.

You might also look for emachines in any majot chain store. They run about 400 bux for the lowest end system, still plenty powerful (2Ghz celeron, or thereabouts for the lowest end) and you can then install linux yourself from http://www.linuxiso.org/ if you feel comfortable with that.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!