Photo
- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 LebFreaK

LebFreaK

I broke 10 posts and all I got was this lousy title!

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 July 2003 - 05:10 PM

hi!
i'm a new member in this board. so HELLO WORLD

i'm currently interested in phreaking, so give me a simple introduction on what boxes i can use in my country,what tricks i can do..etc...
current services in my country: regular phones with 6digits and added a 0* where * is for the area codes

there's 2 mobile phone companies here also 6digits and added a 03 meaning it's a cellular phone number
there's also the 4digits service like 1421 for automatic responding machines and commercial use,or to connect to the internet isp(1661)

any help plz?

thx

#2 W1nt3rmut3

W1nt3rmut3

Phreak Scout

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 321 posts

Posted 16 July 2003 - 05:30 PM

welcome to the board. best tips i can give are:

1) READ, READ READ
2) If you willing to listen, theres someone willing to teach

#3 Y0ungBra1n

Y0ungBra1n

The floor is made of lava!

• 1,239 posts

Posted 16 July 2003 - 05:59 PM

Hey, do you think the Black Box could still work in Lebanon? You never know what kind of phone system they have there... BTW where is Lebanon? :buzzsaw:

#4 StankDawg

StankDawg

same old Dawg, no new tricks

• Moderating Team
  • 8,073 posts

Posted 16 July 2003 - 09:23 PM

BTW where is Lebanon? :buzzsaw:

Posted Image

#5 bland_inquisitor

bland_inquisitor

mod -o- the day

• 729 posts

Posted 16 July 2003 - 09:33 PM

welcome to the boards.

On the other note, i hope you can teach us a thing or two about your phone system :lol:

#6 Y0ungBra1n

Y0ungBra1n

The floor is made of lava!

• 1,239 posts

Posted 16 July 2003 - 10:58 PM

That is probably far enough into the boonies to still have the black box work, dont ya guys think??? :D

#7 Captain B

Captain B

SUP3R 31337

• Banned
  • 158 posts

Posted 17 July 2003 - 12:32 PM

Welcome to the board, man. Personally, I think it may not be about whether he's far enough into the boonies for the black box to work, I think it can come down to a given country's PSTN. (Public Switched Telephone Network). For example, I remember reading in 2600 that in the Middle East, they still have ops handling all calls. So, of course, you tell the op what number you want, and he or she connects you. Other less developed countries could still be on the old step by step and electromechanical crossbar switching. Actually, I once talked to a guy on a conf in the past who claimed that you had to go through an op for making all calls in the state of Idaho. Can't verify if that's true, but if it is, it figures that It'd be in a middle of nowhere, less populated, more behind the times, kind of state like that. Now watch someone from Idaho pop up next sayin' something like: "Hey d00d, don't be smack talking Idaho! Idaho is all that, and a side of hash browns!". Heh, heh. :D

#8 LebFreaK

LebFreaK

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 July 2003 - 12:43 PM

well, in some little villages in lebanon there's that operators that connect you to other numbers but not in my place...
how can i know how is set the network here?there's on the street big boxes that give to buildings phone lines for where there's a little box in every building that gives to the ppl in this building phone lines

...and by the way...a link how to do black box?with a pic?

#9 LebFreaK

LebFreaK

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 July 2003 - 02:38 PM

n e replies plz? <_<

#10 twirlz

twirlz

Default Custom Title

• 1,200 posts

Posted 17 July 2003 - 03:20 PM

well, in some little villages in lebanon there's that operators that connect you to other numbers but not in my place...
how can i know how is set the network here?there's on the street big boxes that give to buildings phone lines for where there's a little box in every building that gives to the ppl in this building phone lines

...and by the way...a link how to do black box?with a pic?

plans for everybox for a phreak

here's the link you were looking for!

#11 ragweed

ragweed

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 484 posts

Posted 17 July 2003 - 03:33 PM

twirlz none of the links on that site work

#12 twirlz

twirlz

Default Custom Title

• 1,200 posts

Posted 17 July 2003 - 03:50 PM

well this one better work!!!
textfiles.com boxes!!!

#13 ic0n

ic0n

Fear teh phone!

• 1,210 posts

Posted 31 July 2003 - 05:02 PM

This Might Help

*i'm not sure if the black box is on my site but if it's not i'll upload it for you.

#14 phax

phax

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 01 August 2003 - 11:11 AM

Welcome to the board. LebFreak have phun share with us here and we'll do the same

#15 unity

unity

Ten Ten Three Two Three

• 1,236 posts

Posted 01 August 2003 - 11:32 AM

LebPhreak...do you hear loud clicks and whines after you dial phone calls? If you hear a lot of noise when making calls, then you might be on an older switching system...do you know what type of switching system youre on?

As well, you can get a lot of information from your local 611 techs, if you have X11 dialing services where you are. If you have a tech support number for your phone, you could call them up and, if theyre willing to talk, they might tell you a bit about your telephone system.

Do you have calling features like Call Waiting, Call Forwarding, CID, etc? Just wondering.

#16 Captain B

Captain B

SUP3R 31337

• Banned
  • 158 posts

Posted 01 August 2003 - 11:51 AM

Just to mention, in case all those links didn't work (...I didn't check) a black box is basically nothing more than a resistor or potentiometer (properly adjusted) connected on the return path wire (which, here in the US, would be the red wire). I don't know how the color scheme works there, but here, for standard phone cabling it goes like this...

Line 1- Red and Green
Line 2- Yellow and Black
Line 3- White and Blue
Line 4- Orange and Brown

But, please note that for Category 3 and Category 5 and Cat 5e, they have other color schemes. Umm... I think there's 2 other color schemes, and they both involve one wire being a solid color, and the other being a white/solid color variation on the other wire in that same pair. For example, in Category 3, line 1 is Blue and Blue/white stripes. Line 2 is Orange and Orange/white stripes. The number after the "Category" part means how many twists per inch. The more twisted the wire pair, the more slef shielding it is, and the higher the clarity on that line as a result. Of course, this mainly matters when you're transmitting data over phone lines. Examples: Fax, computer modem, CID (Caller ID), etc. Otherwise, for making standard voice phone calls over POTS (Plain Old Telephone Service), the wire won't really need to be anything ultra high grade. The highest grades of twisted copper pair phone cabling are Category 6 and Category 7. Beyond that, I think the only thing higher is fiber op. (Fiber optic). Which is quite expensive to buy, and completely different to install than copper pair phone wire. BTW, a potentiometer, in case you didn't already know, is basically a variable resistor.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!