Photo
- - - - -

4RN\Y CON!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Forsaken

Forsaken

I broke 10 posts and all I got was this lousy title!

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 January 2006 - 07:21 AM

LOL Look what I nabbed I didnt include link so nublets dont hit the page.

I think the scene should show up undercover and they could play spot the hacker.
j/k!

Sounds fun but scary...very scary lol..

Whats your thoughts on this con?

Not too much info available @ the moment

~2006 ARMY Information Technology Conference
General Information
The next Conference is scheduled for:
6 - 8 June 2006

The Conference will be held at:
Caribe Royale Orlando
8101 World Center Drive Orlando, FL 32821

The Caribe Royale Orlando Information http://www.cariberoyalesuites.com

The Army Small Computer Program proudly hosts the Army's most powerful Information Technology Conference attracting more than 500 Army DoD, Federal/Government Employees, Support Contractors and Industry and Exhibitors. The conference brings together the most important and knowledgeable people driving the Army's present and future IT requirements. The conference is packed with exciting guest speakers from DoD & Industry and includes an exhibition hall consisting of over 40 exhibitors showcasing the latest IT Products and Services available on ASCP contracts.

The conference is FREE!! for all Army, DoD, Federal/Government employees, Support Contractors and Exhibiting Vendors. For Industry Attendees without a direct Government Support Contract, a registration fee of $100 is required.

DAWIA MEMBERS of the Defense Acquisition Workforce can earn required continuous learning points by attending Connecting Technology. The Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA) requires acquisition billeted personnel position skills through continuous learning. Reference for this is the USD(A&T) Policy on Continuous Learning for the Defense Acquisition Workforce. You can also find this information at the Acquisition Support Center website under Policy and Procedures.

A minimum of 80 points is needed every two years (usually 1 point = 1 hour of activity). Attendance at the Army IT Conference can satisfy Individual Development Plan requirements with approval from employee's supervisor.

For Contracting personnel, DOIMs and Technologists – ASCP Product Leaders will answer all your questions in a very informal yet informative session. Latest contracting trends, Army and DoD IT-related policies, and new technology focus are highlighted for questions and general discussion – just what it might all mean in your working environment!

For more details regarding the agenda, attendee conference & hotel registration, exhibitor conference & hotel registration, click on the links at left. More details will become available as the start of the conference draws near.~

Edited by Forsaken, 03 January 2006 - 07:24 AM.

#2 Snyd3r

Snyd3r

HACK THE PLANET!

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 06:14 AM

sounds cool once i figured out what the hell you were talking about at the top.

lol

#3 riscphree

riscphree

Dangerous free thinker

• Members
  • 1,936 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 06:19 AM

I have a friend that is stationed in Florida ... I'm going to see if I can get in here. I know he is going, he does computer/intel work for the guv'ment.

#4 Booter

Booter

rekcah-rebÜ

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 742 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 11:58 AM

Although I've never been to a con before I think $100 is pretty steep. I plan on going to DefCon next year though. I would have been to the last one, but I was in a job transition and didn't think it was a good idea to tell my new employer that I needed 4-5 days off to go on vacation.

Edited by Booter, 04 January 2006 - 11:59 AM.

#5 Fubster

Fubster

SUP3R 31337 P1MP

• Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 12:56 PM

Just for the record, leetspeak is irritating and difficult to read when you're just skimming things.

All in all, this sounds interesting. It'd be nice to have a recording of some of the presentations.

#6 Forsaken

Forsaken

I broke 10 posts and all I got was this lousy title!

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 January 2006 - 08:17 AM

Just for the record, leetspeak is irritating and difficult to read when you're just skimming things.

All in all, this sounds interesting. It'd be nice to have a recording of some of the presentations.

View Post

lol I was just fucking around a bit m8.

#7 Elzair

Elzair

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 05 January 2006 - 09:42 AM

Although I've never been to a con before I think $100 is pretty steep. I plan on going to DefCon next year though. I would have been to the last one, but I was in a job transition and didn't think it was a good idea to tell my new employer that I needed 4-5 days off to go on vacation.

View Post

On Binrev radio, Stank once talked about how he had changed jobs right before the Fifth HOPE conference, and that he had told his employer that he had to leave for a previous engagement, the HOPE conference, so he went to work for one day and then left for New York.

#8 matt

matt

/dev/zero > C:\WINDOWS

• Members
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 05 January 2006 - 08:59 PM

Man, I wish I was old enough to enlist.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!