Photo
- - - - -

op diverting

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 phreakblaze

phreakblaze

...and would you belive they let me play with 30TB!!!

• Members
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 22 July 2003 - 03:48 PM

BTW, It's not just "abandoned" spots where they haven't put the new Verizon cards on the payphones. There's a subway stop that has 2 payphones (upper and lower level where you catch the trolleys at) that have the old Bell Atlantic cards. In fact, I once seen one of the lower level payphones have no coin box at the bottom. Yet, it still took money. Truly strange. (Even by my standards... heh, heh.) :D The thing that kills me most that I remember seeing one time is a removed payphone spot that had the wiring exposed. I mean, not only was it coming out of the phone booth, the wire ends were stripped. Alas, I didn't have my handy-dandy 1 piece phone with me. Then again, I should mention that this was inside an urban mall anywayz.

Missing coin box, there is an epedemic of that happening on the seaside hights board walk, in nj, by me, and there are like a millon spots around me where the wireing is still exposed. Free Call. And i have a top instruction card i pulled from a phone, it was bell atlantic. Its easy to get the instruction cards out.

BTW, if any 1 can shed some light on how those people get the coin boxes out, i want to know so i can add some verizon vault doors to my collection( and get some cash). The money wouldn't be like to good old days with the $130 in a phone, now its like $40, but i want to try it out before all the phones are gone!!!

#22 unity

unity

Ten Ten Three Two Three

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 23 July 2003 - 10:56 AM

Older Nortel Centurion phones dont have a cashbox.

You can get the cashbox out with a cashbox key, available from the people who come to collect the payphone cash, or so I have heard.

Oh, and Captain B, the dial-around *DOES* pass ANI. But you can spoof if you call it up with an ANI-F, though I'm sure youve heard that before.

#23 phreakblaze

phreakblaze

• Members
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 24 July 2003 - 11:25 AM

all lock keys are diffrewnt or i would of had one from ebay years ago and i'd be rooling in the money(mostly dimes and nickles).

#24 unity

unity

Ten Ten Three Two Three

• 1,236 posts

Posted 24 July 2003 - 11:49 AM

Really? Thats interesting. I've never seen a coin collector actually switch keys, so I assumed they were all the same. Thanks for the illumination.

#25 Captain B

Captain B

SUP3R 31337

• Banned
  • 158 posts

Posted 24 July 2003 - 12:18 PM

What those 10 10 numbers I mentioned pass is ANI-F. For examply 10 10 ATT 0 passes area code or area code followed by 7 zeros. And, the Global Crossing passes ANI as their number in the 505, not yours. When you have either of these telcos dial an ANAC, It's revealed to be that way. And, I forgot to mention about one of the 2 payphones in town with the old Bell Atlantic cards is actually COCOT-ized Western Electric payphones. And, when you dial anything, a woman's voice will say, "Thank you for using a Bell Atlantic payphone", rather than James Earl Jones saying "Thank you for using a Verizon payphone". And, actually, I think they now have started configuring these COCOT-ized phones to simply say "Thank you" prior to putting the call through. But, if only I had a handheld micro cassette, or digital recorder. Becuase, I sure would love to get a recording of this COCOT-ized Bell Atlantic phone before they re-configure it. (Assuming they haven't already).

#26 phreakblaze

phreakblaze

• Members
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 24 July 2003 - 12:25 PM

Really? Thats interesting. I've never seen a coin collector actually switch keys, so I assumed they were all the same. Thanks for the illumination.

sure thing *winks*

#27 decoder

decoder

Very Friendly

• 1,609 posts

Posted 05 August 2003 - 05:54 PM

I know of a few payphone recordings that i found while exchange scanning that say "excuse me, please deposit 5 cents for the next 2 minutes or your call will be terminated. thank you for using NYNEX. this is a recording". hehehehehe...speaking of which I have an old plastic insert from the top of the payphone, the ones shaped like this:

they have the Bell Logo and say 'New York Telephone' (pre-nynex), although in small letters on the bottom, it says "a nynex company". I have one that just says NYNEX, but it's not plastic, it's a sticker. That's when they started getting cheap, and we all know about the rising value of plastic...It's like gold now.

#28 decoder

decoder

Very Friendly

• 1,609 posts

Posted 05 August 2003 - 06:00 PM

Wow, my artisic representation of that plastic payphone thing really sucks! Maybe I should take some phreaker art classes. It's just the long blue logo at about eye level on the payphone....whatever...

#29 phreakblaze

phreakblaze

• Members
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 05 August 2003 - 06:25 PM

Can you record the thanks for useing nynex recordings i'd love to hear them. And i have some insrtuction cards fron nynex that i got with my payphone. the pictures srte in the off topic area.

#30 decoder

decoder

Very Friendly

• 1,609 posts

Posted 05 August 2003 - 06:31 PM

I can give you the phone numbers where they are stored. It will all be in my text on exchange scanning, soon to be released. If you're on the PLA conf. tonight, you can hear them.

#31 phreakblaze

phreakblaze

• Members
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 05 August 2003 - 07:51 PM

well i cant get on tonight but the numbers would be cool.

#32 decoder

decoder

Very Friendly

• 1,609 posts

Posted 05 August 2003 - 10:22 PM

1 914) 345-9935..Nynex payphone recording

#33 phreakblaze

phreakblaze

• Members
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 06 August 2003 - 08:29 AM

awsome thankyou. Thats great, i'm calling it from my parents cell phone.

#34 phreakblaze

phreakblaze

• Members
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 06 August 2003 - 08:32 AM

Ok, listened to it, thats great, nice find.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!