• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 feend

feend

microphone commander

• Members
  • 497 posts

Posted 15 July 2003 - 07:33 PM

I decided to try my hand at a little phreaking. My mission is to op divert but I seem to have run into a little snag. First I dialed the operator and asked her to connect me to 1-800-CALLATT. She did so after saying, "Even though that's our competition I'll connect you *laughs*). So far so good. Just as expected the automated voice breaks in on the line trying to confirm where I was calling from. Thinking I am successful in my divertion I get ready to punch in a fake number when out of nowhere an actual CALLATT operator breaks in on the line asking me for my number. I made some odd noise and promplty hung up on the CALLATT operator. Are they now wise to this? Does this method also work for 1-800-COLLECT? Is there a better way to divert?

Err my carrier is Qwest btw.

#2 screamer

screamer

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 347 posts

Posted 15 July 2003 - 07:45 PM

Telco's have been wise to it for years, but some are actually stupid enough to still allow third person billing. Try having your local op dial a regular ani readback line and see if it's sent, if it is then your local guys have the dreaded ani ii. No worries, try splitting your line with a three way call and dial 10-10-811...I know they used to get confused when you called in like that, and may still let you place a call to "the number you're calling from."

Usually if you want a free call just keep op diverting through att at 10-10-288-0 (to 800 #'s that is) until you find someone that will actually place it. It takes persistance, but hey you get to be an evil h@x0r and break the system (Break the System and all similarities therein - Copyright 2017 Hackermind Productions)

#3 Captain B

Captain B

SUP3R 31337

• Banned
  • 158 posts

Posted 17 July 2003 - 12:16 PM

The 2 most common methods of op-diverting are 10-10 ATT 0 as mentioned, (Also availible through 10-10 732 0) or calling your local service's TSPS operator, and telling her you're visually impaired, and having trouble dialing. But, way too many telcos don't want their ops dialing toll free numbers for people. And, I've had ones that also claimed they couldn't because their "equiment didn't allow for it", or some lame-o excuse. I even had an op saying "Well, can't you get someone around you to help you dial"? Now, suppose I really was blind. This is the kind of "level of service" and "customer care" I'd be getting from these clowns? SHEESH! Sometimes, rather than which telco you use, it can seem like it depends on who you get as an op. At any rate, you can also op divert through Global Crossing (10 10 211 0) and the ANI will be passed as some disconnected number in the 505 area code (New Mexico). It was 505-Nxx-9999. I can't remember anymore. Also, hopefully I ghave that 10 10 number on Global Crossing right. If not, It'd be 10 10 311 0. One is GC, the other is... umm... I think it was Frontier. Try various different 10 10 numbers to the different telcos for experimentation purposes to see who dials toll free numbers for you, and who doesn't. And, I recommend doing all this from payphones. Becuase, although they're supposed to waive operator services charges when they dial for you after you've said you're visually impaired, it doesn't always pan out that way on your phone bill. Just ask ic0n. They still tried billing him after they put an op-assisted toll free call through. So, he had to dispute the charges. I think it finally got taken off his bill in the end.

#4 feend

feend

microphone commander

• Members
  • 497 posts

Posted 17 July 2003 - 02:57 PM

Cool thanks for the tips. What was really difficult was trying to get the MCI prepaid operator to place a call for me. I think I even tried the "it's an emergency" thing but she still wouldn't *shrug*.

#5 Y0ungBra1n

Y0ungBra1n

The floor is made of lava!

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 17 July 2003 - 09:42 PM

Yeah, I tried:

But the button is broken!!!

and she says:

Go to another fucking fone!!

And i was like:

Woah lady chill out

but she had hung up...

I think they are getting aggressive!!!

#6 unity

unity

Ten Ten Three Two Three

• 1,236 posts

Posted 19 July 2003 - 03:26 PM

Hey, dont know if you can see this from where you are, but Telus sports a toll-free dial around (1 800 646 0000).

#7 unity

unity

Ten Ten Three Two Three

• 1,236 posts

Posted 19 July 2003 - 03:29 PM

Telco's have been wise to it for years, but some are actually stupid enough to still allow third person billing. Try having your local op dial a regular ani readback line and see if it's sent, if it is then your local guys have the dreaded ani ii. No worries, try splitting your line with a three way call and dial 10-10-811...I know they used to get confused when you called in like that, and may still let you place a call to "the number you're calling from."

Screamer, did you mean "charge a call to the number you are calling from"?

That didnt all make sense. Can someone clarify it?

#8 screamer

screamer

• Members
  • 347 posts

Posted 19 July 2003 - 03:33 PM

Yeah not actually call your own number, I meant have the call be charged to the number you're calling from.

Speaking of Telus, I tried the caller id spoof thing found in the latest 2600 through them and it didn't work, and this was the very same day the issue came out. They too stopped allowing billing to the number you were calling from.

#9 phreakblaze

phreakblaze

...and would you belive they let me play with 30TB!!!

• Members
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 20 July 2003 - 12:37 PM

Yeah, I tried:

But the button is broken!!!

and she says:

Go to another fucking fone!!

And i was like:

Woah lady chill out

but she had hung up...

I think they are getting aggressive!!!

I tried that, and told them that there where no other phones

#10 Y0ungBra1n

Y0ungBra1n

• 1,239 posts

Posted 20 July 2003 - 06:10 PM

yea, should have said that.

#11 phreakblaze

phreakblaze

• Members
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 21 July 2003 - 09:45 AM

Try to get the operators name. "sorry sir, i can't connect you to that 800 number." " what is your name?" "philis" "yes, well phillis, it is extremly importanbt that i make this call......" give them some bull shit. EX: catch a plane, wife giving birth-need taxi (if you sound old enough), no other phone and my cell is out, need to reach towing place. Its all good, try it and see where you go from there :D

BTW: on top of the importance of the call, tell them you already put in 50 cents, and it went into the coinbox, when the error recording picked up.

#12 phreakblaze

phreakblaze

• Members
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 21 July 2003 - 09:47 AM

I need to add, any time you know someones name (like my phillis example), it almost gives you extra power(if you can control your voice correctly). Have fun with it. :lol: :D :lol: :D :ATTN:

#13 screamer

screamer

• Members
  • 347 posts

Posted 21 July 2003 - 01:08 PM

If I'm not mistaken payphone's, at least in the states, are required by law to allow free access to 800#'s. Getting the local op and saying it won't let you dial an 800# should do it...course it all depends on where you are, not all telco's are created equal.

#14 phreakblaze

phreakblaze

• Members
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 21 July 2003 - 02:15 PM

not all telco's are created equal.

I had a dream, where all telcos were created equaly. And payphones were given to me when taken out of service.

But on a less joking like note, verizon paphones only give access to certain 800 numbers. or so it says when i try to reach 1800-555-tell.

BTW, i had another dream, where i had a chicken as a pet and it was soo cool.

#15 Y0ungBra1n

Y0ungBra1n

• 1,239 posts

Posted 21 July 2003 - 02:51 PM

yes, i can verify this statement, even on older payphones. (ya know, the ones that still have Bell Atlantic Symbol on them)

#16 phreakblaze

phreakblaze

• Members
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 21 July 2003 - 03:18 PM

yes, i can verify this statement, even on older payphones. (ya know, the ones that still have Bell Atlantic Symbol on them)

It doesn't mean they are old, just not logo-updated. it will usualy mean they are abandoned if they are like in a placed where the store if shut down, like my payphone i got saying nynex on it. I don't know why, but i will collect anything with a phone company logo on it. Any logo, New jersy bell, bell south, nynex, pacific bell, verizon.

#17 Y0ungBra1n

Y0ungBra1n

• 1,239 posts

Posted 21 July 2003 - 05:04 PM

it said, insert one dollar for long distance on the outside, thats how i could tell they were pre-millenium...

#18 Captain B

Captain B

SUP3R 31337

• Banned
  • 158 posts

Posted 22 July 2003 - 11:56 AM

The only time a payphone will try to charge for toll free calls is when COCOTS haven't been configured to recognize it as a free call. Which, sometimes is by accident, like when shortly after the 888, 877, and 866 prefixes first got put in service. Other times, they want to get the money on such calls. There's a term for this, It's called corporate greed. And as for telus: quote: "Telus sports a toll-free dial around (1 800 646 0000)". I don't trust any toll free dial around to not pass my ANI. In fact, I don't trust any toll free number with my ANI. That's why I ALWAYS op-divert from payphones. Speaking of which, don't forget, op-diverting does more than simply only pass area code, or area code follow by 000-0000, it also lets you dial numbers that are otherwise blocked from accessing from payphones. I should know. I call Tell Me all the time from payphones using op-divert. But, when they had extensions on Tell Me, this was the one feature you couldn't access due to op-diverting.

#19 Captain B

Captain B

SUP3R 31337

• Banned
  • 158 posts

Posted 22 July 2003 - 12:02 PM

BTW, It's not just "abandoned" spots where they haven't put the new Verizon cards on the payphones. There's a subway stop that has 2 payphones (upper and lower level where you catch the trolleys at) that have the old Bell Atlantic cards. In fact, I once seen one of the lower level payphones have no coin box at the bottom. Yet, it still took money. Truly strange. (Even by my standards... heh, heh.) :D The thing that kills me most that I remember seeing one time is a removed payphone spot that had the wiring exposed. I mean, not only was it coming out of the phone booth, the wire ends were stripped. Alas, I didn't have my handy-dandy 1 piece phone with me. Then again, I should mention that this was inside an urban mall anywayz.

#20 ic0n

ic0n

Fear teh phone!

• 1,212 posts

Posted 22 July 2003 - 02:46 PM

Hey, dont know if you can see this from where you are, but Telus sports a toll-free dial around (1 800 646 0000).

it's been a while since i've used the dial around service but you used to be able to orange box with it B)

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!