• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 StankDawg

StankDawg

same old Dawg, no new tricks

• Moderating Team
  • 8,073 posts

Posted 03 November 2002 - 04:46 PM

I am switching new a new hosting company for reasons that some of you know. For those of you that don't I will explain *AFTER* the move is complete to avoid possible repercussion.

Anyway, Just FYI. I have a backup of the forums as of right NOW! Anythign after this post may or may not be migrated over. I will try to do the forum database last so that hopefully we won't miss a beat. But the worst case is that we at least have this backup to build from.

The site itself (other than the forums) should not be down at all, as I have already transferred the rest of the site. But bear with the errors and missing pages until I get it all cleaned back up.

#2 StankDawg

StankDawg

• Moderating Team
  • 8,073 posts

Posted 04 November 2002 - 12:02 PM

after much help from saitou getting the database restored. (and when I say help, I mean "did all the work") we seem to be back up at minimal functionality.

Now it will take me some time to learn from him what he did, but the forums are back up. I will get the rest going soon.

Thanks Saitou187! "muy-l337"! (new word I made up) <_<

#3 nick84

nick84

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 04 November 2002 - 04:46 PM

Well that seemed a very smooth change, I didn’t notice any downtime at all.

#4 StankDawg

StankDawg

• Moderating Team
  • 8,073 posts

Posted 04 November 2002 - 05:11 PM

thanks, I tried really hard to make it happen smoothly. I know what a pain it is to lose a site for a few days. It interrupts the flow of information.

I especially hate losing data, so I was very careful to make sure I made frequent backups of the database. The forums look to be 100% up to date!

#5 StankDawg

StankDawg

• Moderating Team
  • 8,073 posts

Posted 12 November 2002 - 10:28 PM

just unpinned the topic since it is old news now.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!