Photo
- - - - -

What did U learn about phreaking this week?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 phax

phax

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 15 July 2003 - 12:29 AM

Well, I learn not to listen to that dude :2guns: Jolly Roger or any of his text files about boxes.
Really think he pull that portable DTMF box out of his @$$.
I got it to work thou now I just need a case for it and it's not portable thou... B)

That 8-ohm speaker he spoke of doesn't have enough power to even push the tones out of it.
you'll need a 45-ohm speaker and one out of a telephoney handset. I use that and a 120v to 6v transformer and
plug the thing it an eletric socket and it work. The phone keypad needs at least 6v of AC power too.

Now what did U learn this week...

#2 ragweed

ragweed

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 484 posts

Posted 15 July 2003 - 12:58 AM

uhhhhhhhhhhhh...ill get back to ya on that

#3 screamer

screamer

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 347 posts

Posted 15 July 2003 - 03:54 AM

I learned that chicks really do dig a phreak...if said phreak is suave enough and calls at just the right time ;)

#4 ntheory

ntheory

data pillager

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 15 July 2003 - 10:12 AM

Payphones in White Plains, NY and the surrounding areas do really cool stuff when you dial into them. :D

#5 Dox

Dox

Hakker addict

• Members
  • 537 posts

Posted 15 July 2003 - 11:01 AM

i found out that batteries for my tone dialler cost $7.00~ each!

im not impressed at all, it may be time to hack up an AAA adapter for it.

#6 Captain B

Captain B

SUP3R 31337

• Banned
  • 158 posts

Posted 15 July 2003 - 11:32 AM

I'm learning that getting my latest project off the ground is gonna take a while. And, it may not happen according to the original schedule. BTW, a simpler way for a portable DTMF tone dialer is to hook up Radio Shx0r's mini audio amp to Raddy Shack's mini headset phone. (Which, unfortunately, has been discontinued, but my RS still had 3 on clearance sale that they were selling for $1.97 each). Use a male stereo 1/8" plug to male stereo 1/8" plug. Use a female 1/8" jack to male 3/32" submini male plug adapter. Plug the 3/32" plug into the jack on the phone, and the 1/8" plug end into the input on the mini audio amp. Connect up a 9v batter to the mini headset phone via a short line cord with 'gator clips, or just solder the wire leads to the battery, if you prefer. Plug the modular plug end of that short line cord with battery connected to it into the "line in" on the mini headset phone. And, you need to either put a 2nd 9v battery into the mini audio amp to power it, or if you were to put a 9v battery into the mini amp, and solder up the wire leads from the short line cord to that battery, you could use a single 9v battery to power both the headset phone and mini amp. Of course, the drain on the battery would be all the faster. As always, ingenuity is the key.

#7 Spaz101

Spaz101

Spaz is lame...

• Members
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 18 July 2003 - 01:31 PM

wernt me and you taling about this a while back phax.... glad you see my ways ;)

#8 psychopuppy

psychopuppy

Hakker addict

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 18 July 2003 - 06:06 PM

i found out that i dont know shit, and that i have a lot of reading to do :roll:

#9 unity

unity

Ten Ten Three Two Three

• 1,236 posts

Posted 24 July 2003 - 01:15 PM

Hmm. I learned that that weird COCOT by my house is an Elcotel Eclipse. I learned that I need fresh batteries for my tone dialer, or the saved numbers get erased. I learned that my long-distance plan is 9 cents per inute. I learned that I can line-seize off that weird COCOT by my house.

#10 ntheory

ntheory

data pillager

• 1,757 posts

Posted 24 July 2003 - 03:06 PM

I learned this week that a nice mountain bike, a beige box, a Harris-Dracon Master Hunter, and a few tools can get you in all kinds of trouble. :ninja:

#11 Spaz101

Spaz101

Spaz is lame...

• Members
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 25 July 2003 - 12:23 PM

nice pic puppy evil dead was one of my favorite movie series... but dead by dawn was better than that army of darness one of yours ;)

#12 Y0ungBra1n

Y0ungBra1n

The floor is made of lava!

• 1,239 posts

Posted 25 July 2003 - 04:56 PM

I learned that RFA and Binrev kick ass and Old computers aren't always ment for the garbage :lol:

#13 rakarth

rakarth

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 July 2003 - 03:09 AM

I learned how to make a beige box. ^_^

#14 Y0ungBra1n

Y0ungBra1n

The floor is made of lava!

• 1,239 posts

Posted 28 July 2003 - 12:24 PM

mo coo rakarth, how it working for ya?

#15 phax

phax

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 01 August 2003 - 11:03 AM

I learn that stankdawg.com :rock: and phreaking is an art if done correctly

.........Old computers aren't always meant for the garbage :lol:

exchanges on payphones have some nice stuff
lusers only think that they are meant for garbage :lol:

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!