• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 BiZaR

BiZaR

Mack Daddy 31337

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 14 July 2003 - 05:27 PM

Well i have been in the channel all day, and planning to be there tommorow and the other day etc..

Is #rfa and #binrev only for shows or there is actually people that stop by sometimes ?
The chanbot and me are in RFA and only me in BinRev, is there a channel were the DDP members gang out ? Or u guys dont really use Irc

#2 ragweed

ragweed

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 484 posts

Posted 14 July 2003 - 05:44 PM

what the irc channel? :blink:

#3 BiZaR

BiZaR

Mack Daddy 31337

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 14 July 2003 - 06:20 PM

its irc.esper.net:6667 the channels are #rfa and #binrev, theres no one there accept me in both of the channels lol

#4 ragweed

ragweed

• Members
  • 484 posts

Posted 14 July 2003 - 06:29 PM

ill be in...RAGWEED TO THE RESCUE

#5 StankDawg

StankDawg

same old Dawg, no new tricks

• Moderating Team
  • 8,075 posts

Posted 14 July 2003 - 06:33 PM

yeah, sorry but i am at work all day and do not really have time to idle in IRC. I stop in on occasion and say hi, but give it time and people will start hanging out.

#6 BoBB

BoBB

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 15 July 2003 - 12:25 PM

quite a few of us hang out in #hackermind

#7 fanatic

fanatic

Masturbation Addict

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 15 July 2003 - 12:28 PM

*adds both to his list of idle channels on trillian*

#8 BiZaR

BiZaR

Mack Daddy 31337

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 15 July 2003 - 02:10 PM

theres people know there hehe
I hang around in Hackermind, BinRev, and RFA

#9 Glooko

Glooko

Gibson Hacker

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 16 July 2003 - 12:44 AM

theres people know there hehe
I hang around in Hackermind, BinRev, and RFA

Bizar:

#RFA and #BINREV are open 24/7/365

It's a place to gather to talk about the shows, technology, be during the show to suppor tthe show.

First show 15 people showed up.
Second show 8 people showed up.

Lets hope the numbers go up.

Glooko

..."In Meri-chan we trust"

#10 BiZaR

BiZaR

Mack Daddy 31337

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 16 July 2003 - 12:48 PM

I will be there today for RFA = ) I couldnt show up yesterday for BinRev becasue i was helping some friends to fix there computer. They had 3 Nasty Viruses.

#11 twirlz

twirlz

Default Custom Title

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 1,200 posts

Posted 16 July 2003 - 12:58 PM

I will be there today for RFA = ) I couldnt show up yesterday for BinRev becasue i was helping some friends to fix there computer. They had 3 Nasty Viruses.

on my first computer actually it was the family computer but thats besides the point... i really didn't use it for the internet i used it for BBS's and the rest of the family looked at me like i was a dumb ass because they were using the internet and i was going on bbs's. well the point is THEY crashed the computer due to opening everything on the net and infecting the box with 9 viruses and couldn't boot to jack shit!!! at the time i didn't know anything about how to get rid of viruses only prevention. so we ended up bringing it up to Best Buy to remove the viruses then after that then my parents listened to me about anti virus software!!!

#12 StankDawg

StankDawg

same old Dawg, no new tricks

• Moderating Team
  • 8,075 posts

Posted 16 July 2003 - 01:11 PM

just FYI...the channel numbers went down bu the ratings went up again, I was told. So people just couldnt make the IRC, like me. I have had the stream drop both weeks and I think it may be because I am pushing the network too hard. So I apologize, but I am not going to be able to hang in the IRC channel during the show. :(

I will probably drop in before the show for a little while. Also, I will be streaming RFA tonight as well, so the same applies for RFA tonight.

#13 Subzero1037

Subzero1037

D1g1taL Ma5t3rM1nd

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 1,050 posts

Posted 16 July 2003 - 01:29 PM

i know i couldn't make the irc either... i had some grpahics i needed to edit for a deadline.. but i listened to the show :) good show again stank

#14 BiZaR

BiZaR

Mack Daddy 31337

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 16 July 2003 - 01:55 PM

twirlz i was in the same boat as you but i tried to remove the viruses. I am going to there house in about 2 hours (4 pm EST)

Anyways they had the following Viruses (and some info on them)

First Virus
=======
Win32.pinfi <== Attacks .EXE's
Memory Resistant
Size Stealth
Full Stealth
Triggered Event
Ecrypting
Polymorphic

Second Virus
=========
W32.Jeefo
Memory Resistant
Size Stealth
Full Stealth
Triggered Event
Ecrypting
Polymorphic

Third Virus
========
W97M.Bablas.G
Memory Resistant
Size Stealth
Full Stealth
Triggered Event
Ecrypting
Polymorphic

The Virus displays a message and beeps 100 times if executed anytime before 9:00pm on Fridays and Saturdays. Modifies command boxes and dialoge boxes.
====================

Man the computer is a mess, its slow, it takes HOURS to boot, but i repaired and deleted half of there stuff so its a little faster. They had about 4000 files infected

<------------------>
<---Edited--->
<------------------>

I dont know a lot about virus but this is a good learning experience = )

#15 ragweed

ragweed

• Members
  • 484 posts

Posted 16 July 2003 - 02:48 PM

he he he my friends computer is full of viruses its wicked slow there nuking it next week. one virus he has makes lots of txt viles saying stuff like overthrow your government, destroy capatilism, etc....

#16 BiZaR

BiZaR

Mack Daddy 31337

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 16 July 2003 - 07:25 PM

Ya, i hate viruses with a Passion. I dont find infecting someones computer and destroying all there work and programs amusing

#17 ragweed

ragweed

• Members
  • 484 posts

Posted 16 July 2003 - 08:04 PM

i dont mind viruses unless they are unleased on innocent people

#18 BiZaR

BiZaR

Mack Daddy 31337

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 16 July 2003 - 09:08 PM

hehe thats what i ment = ) The guys i was helping lost all there files, pics from vacation etc.. = (

#19 Glooko

Glooko

Gibson Hacker

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 17 July 2003 - 12:26 AM

on my first computer actually it was the family computer but thats besides the point... i really didn't use it for the internet i used it for BBS's and the rest of the family looked at me like i was a dumb ass because they were using the internet and i was going on bbs's. well the point is THEY crashed the computer due to opening everything on the net and infecting the box with 9 viruses and couldn't boot to jack shit!!! at the time i didn't know anything about how to get rid of viruses only prevention. so we ended up bringing it up to Best Buy to remove the viruses then after that then my parents listened to me about anti virus software!!!

Twirlz:

YahI know how you feel. I mean damn it in todays day and age you should at least have a anti-v on the box. Yah folks are a bit slow on that point and same here but thankfully you and I have the knowledge totalk some sense into them.

Keep it up. Keep bugging them. I really hate to have something bad happen to them then they listen. Then again reminds me of someone I know going to a university and I said "well hook up a wifi" and jack the open airwaves but they said it was stealing and gave me the moral run down. I bet if I said the same about Sataillite signals running throguh you causing you cancer yet you can't jack the signals because they have crappy encryption well I think then we should be able to use it for a service they charge so high for setup and monthly.

Ok, I'm tired and I think what I said above did not make sense then again it might but I'll have to check when I wake up or if I can find a cola drink with caffine and wait for the caffine to kick in then re-read it.

Glooko

..."In Meri-chan we trust"

#20 Glooko

Glooko

Gibson Hacker

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 17 July 2003 - 12:30 AM

just FYI...the channel numbers went down bu the ratings went up again, I was told. So people just couldnt make the IRC, like me. I have had the stream drop both weeks and I think it may be because I am pushing the network too hard. So I apologize, but I am not going to be able to hang in the IRC channel during the show. :(

I will probably drop in before the show for a little while. Also, I will be streaming RFA tonight as well, so the same applies for RFA tonight.

Stank:

Last nights RFA rocked. And you didn't kick the modem as well :) double bonus for no drops. :D

Glooko

..."In Meri-chan we trust" :heart:

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!