• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Y0ungBra1n

Y0ungBra1n

The floor is made of lava!

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 14 July 2003 - 04:35 PM

I just got grounded the other day from the comp, but i snuck on my mom and dads computer for now while their gone, but im sure to be caught, BTW, i am going to go out tommorrow and the next day opening a big white (stop thinking like dat) phone hub where it transfers the copper to fiber opotics, i can walk to one, and now have a tool that can open one. Ill post my results in a month or so... lata for a long time............... :help: :grr: :omfg:

#2 ragweed

ragweed

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 484 posts

Posted 14 July 2003 - 04:37 PM

tsk tsk tsk...parents annoy the hell out of me

#3 Dox

Dox

Hakker addict

• Members
  • 537 posts

Posted 15 July 2003 - 10:56 AM

bummer :o

#4 Captain B

Captain B

SUP3R 31337

• Banned
  • 158 posts

Posted 15 July 2003 - 11:01 AM

Heh, heh. Gotta love that kind of quirky humor. Seriously though. You kids all think your parents are out to make your lives miserable. It's called trying to raise you right, and to have respect for others. Certainly, there's nothing wrong with that. Besides, take it from me, taking a bit of flack from your folks Isn't half bad when you consider how much easier things are when they're paying your way in life, and giving you a roof over your head, and food to eat. When your grown up, the only way you get these things is by working for them. I should know. And, in my case, that's meant busting my hump on various dead end jobs for little money, and no respect or appreciation from the boss and fellow workers alike. Ain't life grand?

#5 Y0ungBra1n

Y0ungBra1n

• 1,239 posts

Posted 15 July 2003 - 12:27 PM

thats the good stuff, but luckily, i have a couple of seconds to sneak on every now and again, but they still suck because they are too protective!!! WHAT do they expect, a nuclear bomb to come out of a little phone cord?

#6 Y0ungBra1n

Y0ungBra1n

• 1,239 posts

Posted 15 July 2003 - 12:28 PM

How many of you lucky ones have a computer in their room/dormatory? I have to share one, so it is like never when i get to get on!!! I have to sneak on when grounded, right now i am sneaking!!!

#7 ic0n

ic0n

Fear teh phone!

• 1,212 posts

Posted 15 July 2003 - 02:51 PM

How many of you lucky ones have a computer in their room/dormatory? I have to share one, so it is like never when i get to get on!!! I have to sneak on when grounded, right now i am sneaking!!!

i have a few boxes in my room altho no of them have access to i-net (well actully the do only dialup tho :angry: ) Maybe it's time for me to get a router...

#8 Dox

Dox

Hakker addict

• Members
  • 537 posts

Posted 15 July 2003 - 04:27 PM

heh there you go, get a hub or router and then sneak some cat5 into your room along with some old freebie pc. as long as you don't mind sitting in your closet :voteyes:

#9 nyx

nyx

Gibson Hacker

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 15 July 2003 - 05:28 PM

I've got a computer in my room hooked to the net but I set up a proxy server for my lan and still only get 56k so be happy you have broadband there at all.

Later Nyx

#10 BiZaR

BiZaR

Mack Daddy 31337

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 15 July 2003 - 05:48 PM

my parents used to be a little protected with my brother and me on the internet. In time my mom and dad relized that i have a passion for computers and they started supporting me = ). I got in to College for Computer Program Analyst course, will be sarting this year coming up after the summer, There paying for everything including my laptop. I am very glad that my parents grounded me, yelled at me. They raised me right, and i am thankfull for that.

#11 Y0ungBra1n

Y0ungBra1n

• 1,239 posts

Posted 15 July 2003 - 06:07 PM

Lucky you...[SIZE=1]

#12 ragweed

ragweed

• Members
  • 484 posts

Posted 18 July 2003 - 04:22 PM

i have a laptop i bought for the same reason that your situation is. how i kno all too well what its like

#13 phreakblaze

phreakblaze

...and would you belive they let me play with 30TB!!!

• Members
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 20 July 2003 - 12:30 PM

I have two desktops in my room (more to be added), and a laptop. I still have dial-up (sigh) but for some reason, one mounth i bought 6 hub and routers from ebay, now they have been sitting in a box in a storage place.

BTW: i havent been on for like a week and a half, cause my dads on vacation and doesn't wan't me on my computer when he is home and wants to do stuff.

#14 Spaz101

Spaz101

Spaz is lame...

• Members
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 20 July 2003 - 01:04 PM

nothing quiet like the parents... i dont get grounded and when i do my father dissconnects the net... thinking i wont be able to fix it hah... but me and my father have somewhat of a relation because hes a computer fan as i am

#15 phreakblaze

phreakblaze

...and would you belive they let me play with 30TB!!!

• Members
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 21 July 2003 - 09:23 AM

It is funny, really, it is. What is funny? How parents think they can stop us by dissconnecting a wire when we are not looking. When they hide my cordless phone, the base pages it while they are out and i get it back my self. The solution that worked was when my dad called verizon and had them terminate service to my bed room.

#16 Y0ungBra1n

Y0ungBra1n

• 1,239 posts

Posted 23 July 2003 - 05:35 PM

posting from our new portable win2k!! ha, now i can get on line whenever!!! See ya at 2:00 AM in a couple of days, until it all settles down around here...

#17 Dox

Dox

Hakker addict

• Members
  • 537 posts

Posted 23 July 2003 - 06:28 PM

:voteyes: :lol: :voteyes:

#18 Y0ungBra1n

Y0ungBra1n

• 1,239 posts

Posted 23 July 2003 - 06:32 PM

i had to have help from the governor of the house, though...

#19 M4v3rik

M4v3rik

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 July 2003 - 06:00 PM

Nothing I hate more then getting grounded from the computer, especially when you have to try to save your dignity by trying to make your hacker friends think you were gone for some other reason.
P.S.- My solution: wireless card :)

#20 vooduHAL

vooduHAL

• 415 posts

Posted 30 July 2003 - 08:21 PM

Man, I must have had a lucky childhood. My freshmen year of high school, my parent's lifted all restrictions on me. No time to be home, no chores, etc. I only had to call if I wasn't going to come home. They realized that being a "gifted" (BS) child, I had the ability to think for myself and that I was too strong willed to be controlled. I never got into any real trouble aside from the occasional police harrassment when I would be out skating at 3:00AM on a Tuesday night.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!