• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 boo!

boo!

SCRiPT KiDDie

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 13 July 2003 - 01:00 PM

While using nmap i get the message from my firewall that the system being scanned is trying to send vpn messages is this normal and should i allow my firewall to be configured to accept these messages?

#2 brookst

brookst

I broke 10 posts and all I got was this lousy title!

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 July 2003 - 11:21 AM

It is possible that as the scan runs it will send requests ( depending on the options used in nmap ) on the common vpn ports. The target may interpret this as a connection request and reply accordingly. This happens a lot on other ports like smtp, http and ftp although I haven't encountered with VPN.

#3 Spaz101

Spaz101

Spaz is lame...

• Members
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 14 July 2003 - 01:35 PM

wow nmap my father gave one of the versions to me... havent had too much time to fidle around with it but the point still stands heh

#4 boo!

boo!

SCRiPT KiDDie

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 14 July 2003 - 03:12 PM

Thanks for the replies,what do you guys think is the best scanner out there i have used nmap and lannet scanner.
and spaz101 i kow you want to flame me go ahead i dear you!!(he says after reading the rules lol) B)

#5 brookst

brookst

I broke 10 posts and all I got was this lousy title!

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 July 2003 - 03:34 PM

Personally I like nmap. It's got a lot of options and does an okay job, not to mention the price is right! Hell, they used it in matrix so it can't be all bad! :P

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!