• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 twirlz

twirlz

Default Custom Title

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 1,200 posts

Posted 10 July 2003 - 08:42 AM

ok here's the story.... i'm a used box whore sorry to say if someone i know is getting a new box and is going to get rid of them i get them for free just cause i have no money and the boxes they are getting rid of are better than the ones i currently have!!! we any how i got a bare bones system so to say from a friend because he bought a new mobo and case then put all of the hdd, rom drive and pci arg cards into his new box and then gave me his old box. well last night i was taking my stuff from my old box and putting it in this box and everything was going good till i started up my box. it starts up really slow and then after everything gets loaded i get this error about my cpu fan. now i opened up my box and it has this kindda swing door thing to get more access to your mobo since the case is kindda small and the cpu fan is there and it is working fine blowing air on the cpu. just a note that the cpu is a slot cpu and not socket. but i was going off the power supply and there is one extra power cord and i was trying to figure out if that was suppose to goto the fan but the fan is plugged in as i said before and i'm lost now.... other than that there is another error after this one! there is also an option that sez F1 for help and F2 to continue and after i press F2 there is a hard drive error which i think i know how to fix if not i will post it here... but if anyone has any ideas what it could be any help is much appriciated!!!

#2 hacnslash

hacnslash

Banisher of n00bs

• 2,454 posts

Posted 10 July 2003 - 08:47 AM

if your bios is of the hardware monitoring type, go in and see if it sees your fan's speed and whatnot, if it doesn't then you might say that the pc doesn't know there's a fan there so even if the cpu is cool, it spurts out that error....yes very very unlikely, but i would check...

w00t check out my post count.....666 baby im that devil...lol

#3 ragweed

ragweed

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 484 posts

Posted 10 July 2003 - 11:46 AM

id check bios. then mabye a hd reformat or try removing the fan and see if you still get the errors

#4 hacnslash

hacnslash

Banisher of n00bs

• 2,454 posts

Posted 10 July 2003 - 11:50 AM

dude, remove the fan?!?! if its an athlon it'll burn the fuck up right away, dont take the fan off!!!

#5 twirlz

twirlz

Default Custom Title

• 1,200 posts

Posted 10 July 2003 - 11:58 AM

i believe it is an athlon slot processor!!! hell no im not going to take off the fan. i can't take it off it's power comes straight from the power source so i would have to cut the wires to the power source. and i really can't reformat hdd my wife would kill me if i lost the pics there right now!!! if i did that you would here about me and my wife on the news.

NEWS BULLETEN:

Wife axe murders husband for formating hard drive!!! cuncks of husband can be found within the computer due to him working on cpu fan!!!

:lol:

#6 hacnslash

hacnslash

Banisher of n00bs

• 2,454 posts

Posted 10 July 2003 - 12:03 PM

rofl, just back them up...just in case lol

<insert chainsaw sound> but honey i have them backed....<more chainsaw>

#7 twirlz

twirlz

Default Custom Title

• 1,200 posts

Posted 10 July 2003 - 12:08 PM

i can't even get into my os right now thats the other problem i have to work with.... if all fails i just put everything back into old box and build on to that box!! then i what a 3 box network! with vnc connection

#8 Dox

Dox

Hakker addict

• Members
  • 537 posts

Posted 10 July 2003 - 04:15 PM

so you got a new box which consisted of a case, mobo and processor. and you took the harddrive and cards out of the old one and put them into the new one. most of the time from what i've heard hard drives with os's on them don't take kindly to being put into new systems.

now the fan is plugged straight into the powersource eh? is there a cpu fan setting in the bios that you could disable? there may be a connector on the mobo for a cpu fan that would try to check for the speed. which is probably easy to disable.
sorry if this has been gone over already, but i'm kinda tired and i thought i could pitch in my 2 cents

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!