• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ntheory

ntheory

data pillager

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 09 July 2003 - 01:32 PM

Hey, they made some changes to the DNC registry. Now apparently it asks you for your phone number and matches it against your ANI so you can't register other people anymore.

It doesn't read back your ANI to avoid being abused as a free ANI service, BTW.

What happens when you call and there's an ANI failure? We'll find out tonight as soon as I get home. :D

#2 ntheory

ntheory

data pillager

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 09 July 2003 - 05:42 PM

Bah! They owned me. It just tells you (after going through all the menus and putting your number in) that it can't match up the number I'm calling from with the number I entered.

How anti-climactic. <_<

#3 Captain B

Captain B

SUP3R 31337

• Banned
  • 158 posts

Posted 10 July 2003 - 11:12 AM

Call it paranoia if you want, but I say that this Do not call list shtuff is a trick by our indifferent, apathy minded friends in big government to get all the good 4-1-1 on us all. Especially after I heard that those who signed up for my state's DNC list would automatically be included on the national DNC list. And certainly, I know by now that big corporations freely share their customer database info with the feds. All this, and more, brought to you by the "patriot act", and the rich, 3 piece suit wearing old farts in big government. Ain't life grand?

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!