• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ntheory

ntheory

data pillager

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 08 July 2003 - 09:57 AM

So I was checking out the NANPA vertical service codes and I noticed that, at least on Sprint, almost none of them work. They all say the usual "Connecting..." on the screen followed by the usual female voice saying "The feature code you've entered is not valid. Message 142 ::pause:: 1".

I wanted to play with *272 (From NANPA: Access to Wireless Priority Service (WPS) - a nationwide cellular priority access capability in support of national security and emergency preparedness telecommunications) but that didn't work. Then I tried *228 (From NANPA: OTASP will enable the Service Provider to activate a potential service to a subscriber’s wireless unit by downloading over the air required parameters, such as phone numbers, into the handset. Activation of the OTASP code, followed by supplemental digit strings, also provides the ability to securely load an Authentication Key into a subscriber’s wireless phone which is used to confirm and validate the identity of the wireless handset) and instead of "Connecting..." it said "Searching activation..." on the screen followed by the error message from before.

Does anyone know what can be done with this? I assume nothing that exciting (exactly as NANPA says) but you never know. Anyone willing to try it on another carrier and let me know what it does?

#2 ntheory

ntheory

data pillager

• 1,757 posts

Posted 09 July 2003 - 01:36 PM

I tried scanning the vertical service codes reserved for local assignment and noticed that *98 and *980 have a different error message than the one I originally posted. They say "The number or code you've dialed is incorrect. Please check the number or code and try again. Message 142 ::pause:: 7".

Weirdness.

#3 ic0n

ic0n

Fear teh phone!

• 1,210 posts

Posted 13 July 2003 - 12:32 PM

look in your phonebook for *xx numbers that will work in your area.

one time i scanned the whole range and did'nt find anything special...

#4 Captain B

Captain B

SUP3R 31337

• Banned
  • 158 posts

Posted 14 July 2003 - 01:05 PM

When it comes to land line service, *xx codes can be assigned differently from one CO to the next. With wireless, It's probably dependent on how that given cell service provider has configured the equipment. And, just a reminder, with land line service, *xx codes can also be dialed as 11xx. But, not with cell service.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!