#1 hacnslash

hacnslash

Banisher of n00bs

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 2,454 posts

Posted 06 July 2003 - 09:23 PM

Well, since nobody has taken up the opportunity //insert hero music here
Hac to the rescue
Here is my first meager contribution to the new Project walmart freedom announced in the latest rfa.

I was in walmart today, and saw that every cash register had a sheet of paper with all the (i presume) internal extensions for the departments and offices. I'm gonna try and get in closer to take a photo of it or something.

dammit, this should be in retail hacking, can someon with superhuman...err mod powers move it there please? thank you

#2 dual

dual

BinRev veteran

• 1,196 posts

Posted 06 July 2003 - 10:37 PM

I've happened to... pick up such papers... off the ground, yesss. I've already been getting pay phone numbers. And the tfile is in the works.

#3 Subzero1037

Subzero1037

D1g1taL Ma5t3rM1nd

• 1,050 posts

Posted 06 July 2003 - 11:39 PM

lol kindof off subject but i figured its all walmart crap...

they opened a new supercenter walmart like 5 yrs ago and the first day it opened i found this laptop sitting by itself...so the young inquisitive mind that i was went to it and did some exploring...found the inventory for the store...saw the lady coming towards me yelling... kinda looked like :ranaway:, i figured why not erase the file...so i erased it and left..... yeah she was kinda pissed, they ended up closing the store for a day or two lol they didn't say why in the papers other than technical dif. lol sux to be them..

#4 hacnslash

hacnslash

Banisher of n00bs

• 2,454 posts

Posted 07 July 2003 - 06:37 AM

dual: sweet, well, at least now i know not to go for the papers and try and find something else.

#5 djmollusk

djmollusk

resident chix0r magnet

• 812 posts

Posted 07 July 2003 - 11:31 AM

I've sent in some of my walmart information. more to come.

#6 StankDawg

StankDawg

same old Dawg, no new tricks

• Moderating Team
  • 8,064 posts

Posted 07 July 2003 - 12:58 PM

dual: sweet, well, at least now i know not to go for the papers and try and find something else.

no, get yours as well. They may be different at each store, and if not, they can confirm others findings.

#7 hacnslash

hacnslash

Banisher of n00bs

• 2,454 posts

Posted 07 July 2003 - 02:28 PM

well, another episode of hac feels stupid........heh, i bet we could make a pretty cool show outta that :lol: :lol: :lol:
but yeah, you're right, im gonna try and sneak in with my camera in there, would the fact that i would be filming inside piss them off??? also could they're pissage levels increase because walmart is where i bought my camera??!! the fact is the only thing that scares me is them thinking i lifted the thing outta their store, any advice??

#8 Dox

Dox

Hakker addict

• Members
  • 537 posts

Posted 07 July 2003 - 06:22 PM

from what i've heard stores usually frown on filming inside the store, probably something to do with competition ?? but it would still be a cool idea

where do you guys want info sent into? just an email or pm? i'm sure i could find something at some point

#9 djmollusk

djmollusk

resident chix0r magnet

• 812 posts

Posted 12 July 2003 - 07:39 AM

*BUMP*

anybody still working on this? I am.

#10 dual

dual

BinRev veteran

• 1,196 posts

Posted 12 July 2003 - 11:16 AM

I've got tons of submissions and I'll be collecting some info myself today.

#11 GUEST_MIG_***

GUEST_MIG_***
  • Guests

Posted 15 July 2003 - 02:44 AM

Can someone make a php or perl script to so people can submit their wal-mart phone numbers ?

If someone where to make a script how would you guys store it ? .. just in a simple text file seperated by commas ? or a text file for each area code ?

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!