• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 BiZaR

BiZaR

Mack Daddy 31337

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 04 July 2003 - 02:15 AM

I read some posts down there that dual didnt mind if we burnts the shows on CD, so i am burning 20-68 all on cds so i can listen to them when i am gone a hole week camping = )

Nice show dual

#2 dual

dual

BinRev veteran

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 04 July 2003 - 03:59 AM

Thanks. You can do whatever you like with show, a la Sean K. And btw, camping to me is hotel with no room service. :P

#3 Glooko

Glooko

Gibson Hacker

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 04 July 2003 - 05:32 PM

Don't forget to get a personal solar panel to charge AA/AAA's batteries so you can keep poweirng that mp3/cd player.

www.icpglobal.com makes ass kicking solars. I can vouch fo rthe BattPak. It is the most god damn versitile charger outthere. no I don't work for them but when the charger can charge AA/AAA, nicad/nimh, in the house/car/solar (Isun attachment), and also serve as a batterypak to charge phones or gps/gadgets via the 12volt on the unit that just drains off the batteries you put in it is IMHO the best out there.

BTW you can buy cheap ass costco 48count AA's and use 10 at a time and it can power a cell/recharge a cellphone in the woods anytime.

God I love that unit. Need to get the Isun tho. Those Isuns are 2.2watt personal solar panels about the size and a bit thinner then a brick. Very portable and the best part is you can daisy chain up to 5 Isuns together. Add that to a Batt pak and you're good to rock and roll. More Isuns equals less charging time.

www.altapower.tv has in my 6 months of hunting and researching the lowest price in North America hands down and you also save already $10 USD for S/H. The 2 Isuns for the normal price of $79 USD is imho the cheapest. In Canada it'll cost like $100 CDN a isun cheapest anywhere. In USA it's about $60 USD a Isun unit at most places.

Well enough pimping it. All I have to say is if you can get solar you can save a on power and also if you want to, cut off thw power and be your own independent self suffient power grid. I heard car batteries and pretty cheap to rig up and chain together to give you lots of power.

Rig up a excersice bike and you can get healthly while charging the batteries. Mod all the lights in the house to LED and you'll the only house with lights on all day/night 24-7.

Ok, ok, end of pimping now.

SOLAR ROCKS!!

Glooko

..."In Meri-chan we trust"

#4 Glooko

Glooko

Gibson Hacker

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 04 July 2003 - 05:34 PM

Wow, didn't realise how much I typed. Well when something gets me off I just type on brother! :D

Glooko

#5 BiZaR

BiZaR

Mack Daddy 31337

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 04 July 2003 - 06:46 PM

Thanks for the tips Glooko

I managed burning 20-35, I think thats enough, i might burn the rest when i come back

#6 djmollusk

djmollusk

resident chix0r magnet

• 812 posts

Posted 04 July 2003 - 07:44 PM

At work I have my mp3 cd player. I have one disc there with RFA 1 - 69 on it. I've been listening to all the episodes. I think I left off at 41. You would think I would get tired of it, but I don't.

#7 BiZaR

BiZaR

Mack Daddy 31337

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 04 July 2003 - 08:19 PM

Ya, its a great show, i should get myself a mp3 player and put all the episodes in it. I cant wait till BinRev Radio comes out, its gonna be a good show also

#8 logan5

logan5

Hakker addict

• 534 posts

Posted 05 July 2003 - 09:08 AM

I have all the current eps of RFA and some (but not all) of SKTFM on my iPod, so they follow me where ever I go. Thanks to the cassette adapter I use in the car, they provided a nice alternative to music during my 6 hours of driving over the holiday. There is nothing quite like being stopped at a light next to an old lady with your windows down, and have Sean K. scream "WOOOOOOOOOOG!!!"

I agree with dual's definition of camping! :lol:

But I would add electricity, a shower and a bar within walking distance! ;)

#9 djmollusk

djmollusk

resident chix0r magnet

• 812 posts

Posted 05 July 2003 - 01:48 PM

I cant wait till BinRev Radio comes out, its gonna be a good show also

I don't doubt that. I can't wait either. I'm a Stank Dangler fan.

#10 StankDawg

StankDawg

same old Dawg, no new tricks

• Moderating Team
  • 8,064 posts

Posted 06 July 2003 - 12:53 PM

I cant wait till BinRev Radio comes out, its gonna be a good show also

I don't doubt that. I can't wait either. I'm a Stank Dangler fan.

:lol: :lol: :lol: ROTFLMAO..."Stank Dangler" boy my pr0n name is twisting its way into my real handle now...actually, it was Dick Dangler...no wait a minute... Buck Dangler?

Aw fukk it... How about Big Dick McGee and we call it a night? ;) :lol

edit: going back on topic... :jawa:

I LIKE* camping. But I also need a little power, maybe not electricity, but at least batteries. I like having music and light to read by, a lantern is ok, but too "flickery". I prolly like camping like in a camper with some luxuries and food and stuff.

Camping under the stars is ok for a weekend, but no more than that. Sleep and fish, sleep and fish... AH, i need a vacation! :blush:

#11 M_from_S

M_from_S

elite

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 06 July 2003 - 09:24 PM

Just got back from a three day backpacking trip. It was hot but great hiking. Only electricity form i had was batteries for my headlamp.

#12 Dox

Dox

Hakker addict

• Members
  • 537 posts

Posted 07 July 2003 - 06:17 PM

i'm suffering camping withdrawl, it's been a few years since i was last out and about in the woods. i had a blast the last few times i was out there, we usually had a good time trying to hack up old bits of things from the resort dumps into useful items, like an old clothes washer motor used to pump water from a nearby lake so we could have a shower.

good thing it's the middle of the summer and i still have time to get out there :voteyes:

#13 BiZaR

BiZaR

Mack Daddy 31337

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 13 July 2003 - 01:11 AM

well i got back like 2 hours ago with my family. I havent touched a computer for one full week. I got so much mosquito bites that my hole body is itching as hell.

I listened to all the RFA episodes that i had during the week. I liked the last one i burned witch was 35 (the information one). I read the Linux Journal and Linux & Developers magazine. Learned many new things by reading on the trip. Got here around 12:30 am. My BinRev came, read half of it and must say its my new fav magazine.

I felt like dual when we left for 3 weeks on his trip, like he states "I feel that the Technologica is leaving him behind. hehe

Going to listen to to BinRev radio, RFA 71

Good to be back

#14 Glooko

Glooko

Gibson Hacker

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 16 July 2003 - 12:21 AM

I have all the current eps of RFA and some (but not all) of SKTFM on my iPod, so they follow me where ever I go. Thanks to the cassette adapter I use in the car, they provided a nice alternative to music during my 6 hours of driving over the holiday. There is nothing quite like being stopped at a light next to an old lady with your windows down, and have Sean K. scream "WOOOOOOOOOOG!!!"

I agree with dual's definition of camping! :lol:

But I would add electricity, a shower and a bar within walking distance! ;)

Solar shower and you're good to go. I heard if you're handy enough you can make a CamelBak into a shower or get a black solar shower bag to heat the water. Rocking. :D

BTW I don't get any money or perks from ICP GLOBAL or altapower.tv . I jsut did my own research and own the battery charger. Best thing for stamina for those FRS radios when you
re rolling around with SCAN on. Some good chats on the FRS radios especially on the weekend in your room you can pick up some nut doing some really low tech broadcast off the FRS.

Glooko

#15 Glooko

Glooko

Gibson Hacker

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 16 July 2003 - 12:30 AM

i'm suffering camping withdrawl, it's been a few years since i was last out and about in the woods. i had a blast the last few times i was out there, we usually had a good time trying to hack up old bits of things from the resort dumps into useful items, like an old clothes washer motor used to pump water from a nearby lake so we could have a shower.

good thing it's the middle of the summer and i still have time to get out there :voteyes:

Dox,

Damn now that's a cool idea. Think you can do a write up on that? I'm fasinated how to "recycle" stuff like that and turn it into something useful like showers.

Good idea. I love taking things I have already and hacking/thinking of other ways to use it. I mean I have a lot of 12gm co2 capsules right now. Thinking of what to do with them. Any ideas?

Glooko

#16 Dox

Dox

Hakker addict

• Members
  • 537 posts

Posted 16 July 2003 - 03:27 AM

well right off the bat im drawing a blank, unless you could make some type of hand held pistol or some type of cannon. assuming those co2 capsules have some jam? or maybe make up one of those, setups ala the car commercial that was posted here a while back somehow? lol as for a writeup my memory's kinda foggy, but ill see what i can get rolling, now where to find an old washing machine. ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:

#17 Glooko

Glooko

Gibson Hacker

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 17 July 2003 - 01:27 AM

well right off the bat im drawing a blank, unless you could make some type of hand held pistol or some type of cannon. assuming those co2 capsules have some jam? or maybe make up one of those, setups ala the car commercial that was posted here a while back somehow? lol as for a writeup my memory's kinda foggy, but ill see what i can get rolling, now where to find an old washing machine. ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dox:

I read 12gm co2's make good weigh to fill with smoke bombs and stick a wick/fuse in for the metal gives good throwing distance for those times you're UEing and need a quick get away. Tho I think you need a zippo or a torch lighter cause matches would blow out when you're running.

Glooko

... :heart: "In Meri-chan we trust" :heart:

#18 Glooko

Glooko

Gibson Hacker

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 26 July 2003 - 08:01 PM

well right off the bat im drawing a blank, unless you could make some type of hand held pistol or some type of cannon.  assuming those co2 capsules have some jam? or maybe make up one of those, setups ala the car commercial that was posted here a while back somehow?  lol  as for a writeup my memory's kinda foggy, but ill see what i can get rolling,  now where to find an old washing machine.  ;)  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Dox:

I read 12gm co2's make good weigh to fill with smoke bombs and stick a wick/fuse in for the metal gives good throwing distance for those times you're UEing and need a quick get away. Tho I think you need a zippo or a torch lighter cause matches would blow out when you're running.

Glooko

... :heart: "In Meri-chan we trust" :heart:

This is what I've come up with while thinking of ways to use the 12gm's (from paintballing/airgun/or co2 bikepump). Drill a hole where the pierced side is and use it as a paintball or airgun front wait to keep down the muzzle jump. Well most of the times muzzle jumps will be on the breakbarrel airguns for co2 airguns don't really jump.

Another use for them is to add on what I said above and put some foam and steelwool into the 12gm co2 and drill a hole through the pierced part and also out the botton and put a small pipe inside and fill the cavity with foam/steelwool then mount on the airgun or paintball pistol and you have a silencer.

I only know that if you drill a hole on the top and bottom then stick on the airgun without a pipe inside or filling it will only drop the fire report by 5db on a 500fps air pistol. I'm sure if you do the above you will get 15db or more off the current fire report.

Glooko

#19 Glooko

Glooko

Gibson Hacker

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 26 July 2003 - 08:19 PM

Thanks. You can do whatever you like with show, a la Sean K. And btw, camping to me is hotel with no room service. :P

Well room service is not always a good thing. Things can go missing. An experianced con go'er would know that if you're just staying for a 2night 3 day con you're better off just keeping the "do not disturb" sign outside the door. Then again if you really want room service and want a bit above level security you can always go with Glooko's extreme way of thinking. SKTFM and I think alike when it comes to kit/gear.

Ok so what can you do to keep your stuff some what safe? Well if it's valueable like a watch (now should that not be on your wrist? Hmmm..) or something then have the hotel store it in thier vault. Now if it's something like missing clothing or anything like that well this is what you do. When you go to a outdoor store (which I'm sure there are many in every city) you ask them for the backpack lock. What it is, is a wire netting that you put over your backpack or suitcase then put the lock on. Most room service people (mostly female from what I've always seen in all my travels around the world) don't carry wirecutters. I never did ask much about that product but it's a very handy thing to have to deter casual criminals from grabbing something from your pack. If you want to know more I think http://www.mec.ca has it. Then again I might be wrong.

Glooko

#20 Glooko

Glooko

Gibson Hacker

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 28 July 2003 - 08:49 AM

Just thought of something. I think they sell univeral adaptors with hand crank to power the mp3 or mp3 cd player. Tho I think they would be a lot of hand turning. Go SOLAR!

Glooko

..."Join the Meri-chan fan club!" :wub: :heart:

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!