• Please log in to reply
185 replies to this topic

#161 Picsel

Picsel

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 January 2006 - 08:17 AM

I don't really have a clue about what I'm talking about, but could he try booting in safe mode? Or am I just talking complete and utter rubbish? Sorry if I am but im sure that safe mode can do something or other about admin or that there is some code you can try while in safe mode that you put in cmd. I don't know but try looking around www.jinx.com 's forums in the newbie section and using the search and everything.

Sorry again if im talking complete rubbish about safe mode.

Edit: Need to learn how to write coherently for people to take you serious.

Edited by Booter, 28 January 2006 - 12:31 PM.

#162 Elzair

Elzair

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 01:10 PM

Im Baaaacccckkkk.

View Post

So did you get the admin password? What happened?
Picsel: Unfortunately, XP still requires a password to boot into safe mode, so I don't know how much help it would be.

#163 Booter

Booter

rekcah-rebÜ

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 742 posts

Posted 27 November 2006 - 10:25 AM

I really hate to bring back this old thread, but I came across this video surfing through TotalFark last night and thought it was relevant.

http://www.metacafe....in_xp_password/

#164 Irongeek

Irongeek

Dangerous free thinker

• 1,516 posts

Posted 27 November 2006 - 11:04 AM

But ERD costs money, PE Builder with Password renew is free. For a lot of us, solutions that cost money are not solutions.

#165 Booter

Booter

rekcah-rebÜ

• 742 posts

Posted 27 November 2006 - 11:12 AM

But ERD costs money, PE Builder with Password renew is free. For a lot of us, solutions that cost money are not solutions.

True, but for those that may be looking how to get around this and, willing to pony up some coin might look at this as a possiblity.

#166 Irongeek

Irongeek

Dangerous free thinker

• 1,516 posts

Posted 27 November 2006 - 11:17 AM

But why when there is a free option?

#167 Booter

Booter

rekcah-rebÜ

• 742 posts

Posted 27 November 2006 - 11:27 AM

I dunno, probally the same people who pay $0.99 for a song per download.

#168 miche'le

miche'le

elite

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 27 November 2006 - 10:22 PM

ophcrack, easy and untraceable :P

#169 s.in

s.in

H4x0r

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 02:08 AM

For a lot of us, solutions that cost money are not solutions.

"APPLAUD"

And, Irongeek, for whatever this is worth, I think you're fabulous <- guess you've heard that often enough, but the fact that you willingly share your knowledge with people like me, who want to understand more of the why, rather than just the how, you're B)

#170 Stormcrow

Stormcrow

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 11:11 PM

Hi. Ok, rather than just jump in here and ask this right away, I actually took the time to read all 9 pages of this thread (which included some rather funny stuff... :lol:) Anyways, I didn't see the answer to the question I had, so I am going to ask now. I want to get the admin password for my work computer (for nothing to terrible, just want to add Flash Player and unblock my sports websites and email I check. I know I could use a proxy server, but it doesn't work for all the sites.) However, I don't want to change it so that the admin won't be able to get back in. I want to be able to change it back to what it was once I make the changes I want to make. Is there any way of doing this? I noticed the suggestions in the previous pages all had to do with creating a new password, but no way to cover your tracks. Oh yeah, one final thing, I can't run .exe files, because I don't have rights to do that(that I know of), so it is probably going to severely limit what I can do.

Anyways, thanks in advance if you do have a solution to this for a newbie. It will be very much appreciated.

#171 Rightcoast

Rightcoast

mmm ... donuts

• 2,074 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 12:29 AM

Booting from a cd and cracking the password as discussed on the first page (by Irongeek) is the way to go, if the computer is set to boot from CD first, or you have BIOS access. That way you need to change it at all, you just have it.

#172 Stormcrow

Stormcrow

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 03:27 PM

Booting from a cd and cracking the password as discussed on the first page (by Irongeek) is the way to go, if the computer is set to boot from CD first, or you have BIOS access. That way you need to change it at all, you just have it.

Thanks, I will give a better look at Irongeeks site tonight.

#173 Another Lost N00b

Another Lost N00b

The phorce is with me!

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 10:15 AM

Alright dude, it's really quite simple! I have used this many times & have instructed many clients on how to use this method (Most recently was a 63 year old woman who only used the computer to read the news on the internet!

Step 1: Go to this website http://home.eunet.no...rdahl/ntpasswd/ & download the floppy version of the program!
Step 2: You will have to remover the mains battery & the BIOS backup battery! This is the easiest way for you to reset the BIOS! I'd do it for ya but that would mean sending the laptop to Australia dude!
Step 3: Once the BIOS will allow you to go in, change the settings so you can boot from floppy!
Step 4: Reboot the system with the floppy in the drive, wait for it to do it's thing, it will load up the program from the floppy.
Step 5: Follow the prompts! Most of the time you will use the default answers!
Step 6: Enjoy using an unrestricted laptop!

I cannot believe it took 9 pages to unlock an XP system!
I'm a n00b myself dude! I had a very strong urge to flame you myself!

#174 King Tiger

King Tiger

mad 1337

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 03:44 PM

This is quite possibly the dumbest thread I have EVER EVER read!!!

Ladies, listen up VERY closely. Windoze is software installed onto your computer that makes it work. It is not part of your computer, OK? Windoze keeps password files in *hard drive*/WINDOWS/System32/config/(system or SAM?) Understand that? So, if we can get to those files, we can crack the passwords right? How do we get to these files? Use another operating system! For physical access hacking, I use SLAX (which is a Linux Operating System) on a flash drive. You can also use a LiveCD of some kind. In order to use these, REBOOT your computer and hit F12 (on Dells) until it gives you a menu of boot options. Choose either USB device (if you have a bootable flash drive) or CD (if you have a live CD inserted) Linux will load, you will then steal the windoze password files and use any widely available cracking program to get the password. Total time should be less than 30 minutes.

If you are too stupid to follow these directions, could you please stop using the internet? It's a waste of bandwidth. Go get a job or something.

#175 neCo

neCo

duplicate account

• Banned
  • 322 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 03:56 PM

Windoze keeps password files in *hard drive*/WINDOWS/System32/config/(system or SAM?)

And the backup in C:/windows/repair

yaya

#176 Rightcoast

Rightcoast

mmm ... donuts

• 2,074 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 04:05 PM

I should kick your asses for bringing this thread back! You aren't fooling me That Guy, I hacked your sig and read it and stuff!

Go go gadget cock-hammer!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

#177 neCo

neCo

duplicate account

• Banned
  • 322 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 06:57 PM

I should kick your asses for bringing this thread back! You aren't fooling me That Guy, I hacked your sig and read it and stuff!

Go go gadget cock-hammer!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Wait, what?

#178 Anolis

Anolis

DDP Fan club member

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 09:37 PM

lol i remember this thread from when i signed up back in 2005

#179 thef007

thef007

H4x0r

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 10:13 AM

Ok, so Windows locked me out of my computer (i.e. i forgot my password). I've downloaded an ophcrack-livecd 1.1.4 but I can't burn it to a disk. Do I need to use a special disk for this? I'm using regular ole Sony CD-R 700mb
It kind of sucks having two computers and not be able to use both...:(

#180 dalejrrocks

dalejrrocks

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 472 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 10:22 AM

Ok, so Windows locked me out of my computer (i.e. i forgot my password). I've downloaded an ophcrack-livecd 1.1.4 but I can't burn it to a disk. Do I need to use a special disk for this? I'm using regular ole Sony CD-R 700mb
It kind of sucks having two computers and not be able to use both...:(

No. The Ophcrack live CD Iso burns to a regular cd-r. I am sure that this is in this thread somewhere. It needs to die already.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!