• Please log in to reply
185 replies to this topic

#81 Mr.Sandman

Mr.Sandman

elite

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 07 November 2005 - 09:35 AM

What are you talking about needing admin privs to install a cd-rom? the only thing you have to do is stick the little bastard into the laptop. if its not working, your not doing it right, try again. if you are talking about needing admin pass to get into bios to change the boot order, then read about changing bios passwords (google?) you dont need to be able to access the cd-rom inside of windows to be able to boot into a live-cd. if you cant access it inside of windows, it doesnt mean that its not installed or not working. burn a live cd, such as puppy linux, and then put it into the cd-rom. restart the computer, change the bios so  the cd-rom boots before everything else, and then reboot again and you should be in linux unless you burned the cd wrong. burn it again. okay it didnt work. one more time. there you go. now boot into linux. there. (ill go ahead and make you a how to use linux thread)

View Post

:huh: Somewhere on the 3rd page of treads i mention something about my cd drive being broken.

#82 Mr.Sandman

Mr.Sandman

elite

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 07 November 2005 - 12:34 PM

Another tool is 'Windows Password recovery' at http://www.petri.co....or_password.htm.

View Post

Ok i just tried this method a few seconds ago but, when i was tring to veiw my results i discovered that the page was websensed. :growl:

Edited by Mr.Sandman, 07 November 2005 - 12:35 PM.

#83 Rightcoast

Rightcoast

mmm ... donuts

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 2,074 posts

Posted 07 November 2005 - 12:38 PM

Another tool is 'Windows Password recovery' at http://www.petri.co....or_password.htm.

View Post

Ok i just tried this method a few seconds ago but, when i was tring to veiw my results i discovered that the page was websensed. :growl:

View Post

So? Write down the url and walk into a library if it's a webpage.........

EDIT: BTW, remember Minion's post about three posts in a row? Why ignore it? Seriously man, I gave you lots of advice over IM and whatnot and you know I'm only trying to help you. Do you enjoy the fact there are a few dozen people wondering if you are indeed 'special'? If not, please use the edit button. :)

Edited by Evolve, 07 November 2005 - 12:45 PM.

#84 coding_monkey

coding_monkey

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 347 posts

Posted 07 November 2005 - 02:31 PM

Another thing you need to consider is what will happen when you have to turn the laptop back in at the end of the year or semester.

View Post

Good point.

Also... this sounds like kind of an obvious step but... did you try just asking for it? Ok,they have a policy but if you explain to them what you so desperately want to do with the laptop that requires the admin password, who knows, maybe they'll help you out, or maybe they'll give you a super user account or something. You never know. Allways try the easiest approach first.

Of course, if you've got malicious intent then I doubt they'll be interested.

#85 Mr.Sandman

Mr.Sandman

elite

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 07 November 2005 - 03:35 PM

Another thing you need to consider is what will happen when you have to turn the laptop back in at the end of the year or semester.

View Post

Good point.

Also... this sounds like kind of an obvious step but... did you try just asking for it? Ok,they have a policy but if you explain to them what you so desperately want to do with the laptop that requires the admin password, who knows, maybe they'll help you out, or maybe they'll give you a super user account or something. You never know. Allways try the easiest approach first.

Of course, if you've got malicious intent then I doubt they'll be interested.

View Post

:roll: Id have better luck asking Bill Gates to hand his empire over to me. Its just not going to happen. Another thing is that at the end of the year our school will recieve over 350 laptops back from its students. They dont have time to look and see who did what. Thats why they have restrictions to govern what we do. The only thing they worry about at the end off the year are damages done to the laptop itself broken screen, missing keys, ect. So dont worry about it. Like i always say "If at first you dont succeed, cover up all evidence that you tried."

#86 Elzair

Elzair

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 07 November 2005 - 09:53 PM

I am not saying you should do the following; I am just thinking of the possibility.
First, try to find out as many of the current BIOS settings as you can (Boot Order, Power Saving, etc), and if you cannot find them out directly, take a wild guess. Now, do one of the things listed above in order to set the BIOS back to its initial settings. Now, do whatever you need to do to have unrestricted access to your computer. At the end of the year, restore the original Admin password in Windows XP, uninstall all additional programs, and restore the BIOS options to their original (i.e. set by the school) form. Now choose some random password for the BIOS. When the admin cannot get into the BIOS, but everything else looks in order, he may just assume he entered the wrong password or there was a corruption of the password (It happens sometimes). He may then just clear the CMOS or something like that, and everything will be fine.

#87 matt

matt

/dev/zero > C:\WINDOWS

• Members
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 07 November 2005 - 10:42 PM

Buy a new laptop? Would that not work?

I may have missed somewhere that you said you already had one, but I didn't read all five pages. I did use the EDIT button though. Handly little thing it is.

Edited by matt, 07 November 2005 - 10:43 PM.

#88 Mr.Sandman

Mr.Sandman

elite

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 09:29 AM

I may have missed somewhere that you said you already had one, but I didn't read all five pages. I did use the EDIT button though. Handly little thing it is.

View Post

Why spend money if you dont have to? Im not a rich basturd. (No offense)

P.S Yes my Bios is locked i need to crack the code.

Edited by Mr.Sandman, 08 November 2005 - 09:31 AM.

#89 hbp

hbp

rekcah-rebÜ

• Members
  • 709 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 10:02 AM

View Post

Why spend money if you dont have to? Im not a rich basturd. (No offense)

View Post

here try this, it has backdoor passwords for bios, check here
http://www.uktsuppor...rence/biosp.htm

#90 Booter

Booter

rekcah-rebÜ

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 742 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 10:30 AM

Read This.

You may also try removing the battery from your motherboard for a few minutes, or play with the jumper settings to flash the BIOS.

Edit: On hbp71605's link it talks about the jumper settings to flash the BIOS and the battery.

Edited by Booter, 08 November 2005 - 10:34 AM.

#91 tehbizz

tehbizz

Progenitor of noob slaying

• Members
  • 2,039 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 10:31 AM

View Post

I don't know if you actually read page 4 but we already went over how to get into your BIOS, password and all. Please go back and read the whole page...three times.

#92 Mr.Sandman

Mr.Sandman

elite

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 12:32 PM

View Post

I don't know if you actually read page 4 but we already went over how to get into your BIOS, password and all. Please go back and read the whole page...three times.

View Post

<_< Were do you see the word Bios on page 4?

#93 droops

droops

Arduino Addict

• Moderating Team
  • 1,889 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 12:44 PM

dry.gif Were do you see the word Bios on page 4?

if you dont want to read the thread, you can use your browsers search function.

and hey mr sandman, if you dont try to help yourself just a little bit, you are going to irritate the people who are trying to help you. if its your problem, then you need to do most of the work, just ask questions when you get stuck, and we will help. nobody wants to hold your hand and help you, if you dont put in some effort and help yourself.

#94 darzamat

darzamat

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 12:51 PM

View Post

View Post

<_< Were do you see the word Bios on page 4?

View Post

Page 4: post 74 and post 77
Page 3: post 48, post 57, and post 59
Page 2: post 30 and post 32.

I searched the whole thread and found information leading to resetting the BIOS a number of times. This is why you need to read these posts over and over and be very thorough in your reading.

Also, check the link in my sig to get some further understanding on how to really get the most help from us.

Edited by darzamat, 08 November 2005 - 12:52 PM.

#95 invision620

invision620

Dangerous free thinker

• Members
  • 767 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 01:54 PM

meh, someone lock this thread please, its getting nowhere fast.

#96 Mr.Sandman

Mr.Sandman

elite

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 03:31 PM

No, dont lock thread i am still trying to crack the password. Each ay i get closer to finding it out. You guys are being a great help and i appriciate it. If you dont like my tread don't post in it. :monk:

#97 Kalania

Kalania

I broke 10 posts and all I got was this lousy title!

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 November 2005 - 07:15 PM

Start Windows in Safe Mode. Access the general ADMINISTRATOR account that is open and have a blast changing whatever you want.

View Post

the "general administrator account" will most definately be password protected, because i beleve that is the account he is looking for the pass for.....dotdotdot

View Post

Most people don't even realize it's on there. Besides if it is locked then he's SOL. Unless he finds another backdoor. Of course it is XP so there are plenty.

#98 tehbizz

tehbizz

Progenitor of noob slaying

• Members
  • 2,039 posts

Posted 09 November 2005 - 11:24 PM

Start Windows in Safe Mode. Access the general ADMINISTRATOR account that is open and have a blast changing whatever you want.

View Post

the "general administrator account" will most definately be password protected, because i beleve that is the account he is looking for the pass for.....dotdotdot

View Post

Most people don't even realize it's on there. Besides if it is locked then he's SOL. Unless he finds another backdoor. Of course it is XP so there are plenty.

View Post

CHNTPW will both unlock and change the password for the account, therefore not SOL.

#99 Mr.Sandman

Mr.Sandman

elite

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 10 November 2005 - 09:43 AM

Dame the password recorver floppy trick did not work. :blowfuse:

#100 Kalania

Kalania

I broke 10 posts and all I got was this lousy title!

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 November 2005 - 05:25 PM

Dame the password recorver floppy trick did not work.  :blowfuse:

View Post

Pull out the hard drive and slap in a new one.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!