Posted 04 November 2005 - 03:45 PM

Grab another computer.

#62 Elzair

Elzair

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 05:23 PM

Is your laptop the only computer you have? If so, I would say to wait for your CD-ROM drive to be fixed or get a new one; a brand new CD burner is only $20. http://www.newegg.co...Submit=Property

Edited by Elzair, 04 November 2005 - 05:26 PM.

#63 Kalania

Kalania

I broke 10 posts and all I got was this lousy title!

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 05:30 PM

Start Windows in Safe Mode. Access the general ADMINISTRATOR account that is open and have a blast changing whatever you want.

#64 rekenaar

rekenaar

mad 1337

• Binrev Financier
  • 136 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 05:31 PM

If I am reading everything correctly, you are able to boot with a floppy, but not the CD ROM drive. If so, go to the following URL and download their utility to reset the admin password.

http://www.loginrecovery.com/

Follow their instructions and you should have the admin password within minutes.

#65 hbp

hbp

rekcah-rebÜ

• Members
  • 709 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 06:38 PM

Start Windows in Safe Mode. Access the general ADMINISTRATOR account that is open and have a blast changing whatever you want.

View Post

the "general administrator account" will most definately be password protected, because i beleve that is the account he is looking for the pass for.....dotdotdot

#66 Mr.Sandman

Mr.Sandman

elite

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 08:21 PM

ooops i just remembered, i dont have any floppy disk. :omfg: I gotta go buy some. What brand is the best to use when using floppies?

#67 rekenaar

rekenaar

mad 1337

• Binrev Financier
  • 136 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 08:51 PM

I honestly cannot remember when the last time I bought floppy disks. Normally I take old ones and reformat them.

#68 hbp

hbp

rekcah-rebÜ

• Members
  • 709 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 08:56 PM

i dunno what brand works best, but i got tons of floppies... my freinds at school find them everywhere and give them to me :P oh yeah and i found a box of them (still in plastic wrapping) laying on the sidewalk outside, and my freind gave me a box of them for no reason.

Edited by hbp71605, 04 November 2005 - 08:58 PM.

#69 Mr.Sandman

Mr.Sandman

elite

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 09:02 PM

Lucky You :mumble:

#70 Exvitel

Exvitel

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 12:52 AM

About the floppies... It really doesnt matter.

A few things:

please try not to make post after your posts, use the edit button and add it.

and

Seriously, you are a senior, grow up. I'm a softmore and havnt acted like that in years.

Hacking is about learning, learning takes pacience(sp?).

People here are trying to help you, so the more information you give us that isnt fragmented and mysterious the better.

Like others have said, Boot up before windows loads push f2, or del, and post what happens here, along with a list of which drives are working and which you have rights to.

#71 Elzair

Elzair

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 06 November 2005 - 10:45 AM

What exactly is required to start Windows XP in Safe Mode? Can you just hold F8 or something and get full access to the computer?

#72 Mr.Sandman

Mr.Sandman

elite

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 06 November 2005 - 12:48 PM

No F2 for system controls, F12 (i think) for boot order. My computer has restrictions its not going to be that easy.

#73 rekenaar

rekenaar

mad 1337

• Binrev Financier
  • 136 posts

Posted 06 November 2005 - 03:52 PM

Right after the POST, you should be able to press F5 or F8. That is when it should let you into safe mode. I have not seen a computer so locked down that safe mode would not work.

#74 tehbizz

tehbizz

Progenitor of noob slaying

• Members
  • 2,039 posts

Posted 06 November 2005 - 05:51 PM

No F2 for system controls, F12 (i think) for boot order. My computer has restrictions its not going to be that easy.

View Post

Um, go back exactly ONE page of this thread and read this reply: http://www.binrev.co...ndpost&p=150811. Then read this one: http://www.binrev.co...ndpost&p=150797. These two replies alone tell you exactly what you need to do to: boot into BIOS and/or possibly change a BIOS password if there is one.

What's so difficult about that? Dells have no backdoor BIOS passwords or tricks and if they do, their tech support hasn't told me yet. As much help that has been doled out, I don't understand why this is such a difficult process.

#75 hbp

hbp

rekcah-rebÜ

• Members
  • 709 posts

Posted 06 November 2005 - 07:19 PM

What exactly is required to start Windows XP in Safe Mode? Can you just hold F8 or something and get full access to the computer?

View Post

press f8 right before the windows splashscreen, move to safe mode, press enter. no u cant get full access if the owner of the computer set the administrator password(in this case, the school wouldve set the admin pass, thats what hes tryin to crack) :P anyways once your in safe mode u can log in as administrator and no password, if the owner hasnt set it.

Edited by hbp71605, 06 November 2005 - 07:22 PM.

#76 Elzair

Elzair

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 06 November 2005 - 07:27 PM

If you press F12 for boot order, what options do you have?

#77 invision620

invision620

Dangerous free thinker

• Members
  • 767 posts

Posted 06 November 2005 - 09:14 PM

What are you talking about needing admin privs to install a cd-rom? the only thing you have to do is stick the little bastard into the laptop. if its not working, your not doing it right, try again. if you are talking about needing admin pass to get into bios to change the boot order, then read about changing bios passwords (google?) you dont need to be able to access the cd-rom inside of windows to be able to boot into a live-cd. if you cant access it inside of windows, it doesnt mean that its not installed or not working. burn a live cd, such as puppy linux, and then put it into the cd-rom. restart the computer, change the bios so the cd-rom boots before everything else, and then reboot again and you should be in linux unless you burned the cd wrong. burn it again. okay it didnt work. one more time. there you go. now boot into linux. there. (ill go ahead and make you a how to use linux thread)

Edited by invision620, 06 November 2005 - 09:21 PM.

#78 Dr^ZigMan

Dr^ZigMan

Publish or Perish!

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 06 November 2005 - 09:22 PM

Hey invision620, nice sig ;)
-Dr^ZigMan

#79 invision620

invision620

Dangerous free thinker

• Members
  • 767 posts

Posted 06 November 2005 - 10:45 PM

<3

#80 Mr.Sandman

Mr.Sandman

elite

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 07 November 2005 - 09:28 AM

View Post

press f8 right before the windows splashscreen, move to safe mode, press enter. no u cant get full access if the owner of the computer set the administrator password(in this case, the school wouldve set the admin pass, thats what hes tryin to crack) :P anyways once your in safe mode u can log in as administrator and no password, if the owner hasnt set it.

View Post

I can get into safe mode. Iv tried to access the admin pass there but it is password protected so i cant just push enter.

P.S Today i will jot down everything i can and cant do in a waltrough format and post it.

Edited by Mr.Sandman, 07 November 2005 - 09:30 AM.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!