• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#1 Y0ungBra1n

Y0ungBra1n

The floor is made of lava!

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 24 June 2003 - 06:02 PM

I need some tips as to what to do in my spare tine out here in Verizon East. It will look suspicious if a little teenager walks into the local Verizon house, wanting to know stuff about the telco. What should I ask, who should I ask and how do I ask it. I hope I am not a drag to some of you people, but I need some help. Thanks to those who reply with useful info.

#2 phreakblaze

phreakblaze

...and would you belive they let me play with 30TB!!!

• Members
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 24 June 2003 - 06:55 PM

i'm in the same boat man, but i searched the net and tried some of the things I found. Whats your NPA? I know some stuff about verizon east( like a micron of info). If your really thirsty for info, try dumpster diving or getting a tour from you central office. When ever you see a technician in a wireing cabinet, try to strike up a conversation. Say like " I want to work for verizon some day, and i have some questions." If your in the right npa, I can help you a bit more but not much. I'm just a newb too but i've been at it for like a month and know some stuff. Good luck. :D :D :D :D :ATTN: :D

#3 Y0ungBra1n

Y0ungBra1n

• 1,239 posts

Posted 24 June 2003 - 07:08 PM

Thanks phreakblaze, I live in the 703 district in Northern VA. I know like a bit too, but probably not as much. I sorta can't drive yet and is a pain to get out of my house at night. Need some info on cans and those big white boxes that seem to be in the middle of nowhere, help!

Edited by Y0ungBra1n, 21 December 2003 - 04:31 PM.

#4 phreakblaze

phreakblaze

• Members
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 24 June 2003 - 07:36 PM

well the white one your talking about, does it look something like really tall, or up to you waist(if ur 6 foot 3in). If it is type two then open it whith a 7/16 rachet. do it when nobodys looking. By the way, i cant drive yet too. anyways, there should be a whole bunch of white and purple(or blue. These are peoples fone lines. In one you could find handsets, gloves, cripming heads(rj-11), ect. i found a handset which works like a Beige Box. its easier. My friend got one by leaveing a note that says (1 testset must be here at all times) a week later he got one. try to pick a can near the wood wear people won't see you hook-up. there is a spoll of wire in there take it (verizon don't care) put aligator clips on it, plug it in, then run the wire into the woods or shrubs, or what-not. The big white boxes i'm not too sure about send me a photo. I think it moght hold the actual switching electronics( it so cool) i've only seen pictures, never realy opened one so can't help you much there. if you open it write down all information but don't take like the sheets of test numbers, or they might change them. (wow this is getting long) I can help you more but I need to know what you already know so that i don't repeat what you know. Remember to always close this stuff up and its ok to be a paranoide :unsure: at first, i was, but now i got to five every month (get cable, but i leave other things like habdsets alone sinse i have them and its rare they are in there so i want them to be there for me incase). Have fun and look at some texts about some liked at this site i'm just starting to read at MYTC Its going to get a bit tough at times but it is fun :D :D :D :ATTN:

If i spelled something wrong, i'm sorry, kinda tired!!!

happy phreaking.

PS: any 31337 Phreaks out there, feel free to correct or add to waht i said.

#5 Spaz101

Spaz101

Spaz is lame...

• Members
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 24 June 2003 - 08:48 PM

well i didnt read what you had to say so ill put in my 2 cents .....

SEING IS THE WAY TO GO heh

#6 phax

phax

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 25 June 2003 - 12:57 AM

Seing is the way to go. I would suggest also learniing some eletronics. Hand scanning is helps to .

#7 phreakblaze

phreakblaze

• Members
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 25 June 2003 - 05:24 AM

How do you find if your town/city has any laws on scanning???

#8 Y0ungBra1n

Y0ungBra1n

• 1,239 posts

Posted 25 June 2003 - 11:39 AM

Dunno, but i've got some plans to go out tonight DDing and SEing today. I know what a beige box is and what a terminal is. Also know how to dial in without OP. If that helps. Also, I'll try and get some pics of the big box I was talking about. Lastly, does anyone know what those boxes that have a jungle of wires are?

#9 phreakblaze

phreakblaze

• Members
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 25 June 2003 - 11:56 AM

what do you mean by jungle of wires??? :WHAT: And try to find the anac number ( it might be 958)for your area, check mout verizonfears.com for something on ani spoofing. If there are any trucks parked there. try to open them. good luck getting good pics and papers.

#10 phreakblaze

phreakblaze

• Members
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 25 June 2003 - 12:19 PM

Does the box look like this Posted Image :D

#11 Y0ungBra1n

Y0ungBra1n

• 1,239 posts

Posted 25 June 2003 - 12:30 PM

wider, and white. Thats what the box looked like. A jungle, preety much with vines of wires. What are they?

#12 phreakblaze

phreakblaze

• Members
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 25 June 2003 - 01:10 PM

The telco uses them to... well there like a check point. if you request a new line. they need to go in there and take a wire from one side to the other to give you a full loop to to the co. Like i said the telco uses them like a check point for hooking up the loop.

#13 Y0ungBra1n

Y0ungBra1n

• 1,239 posts

Posted 25 June 2003 - 02:14 PM

OK, also where is a good place to dumster dive? I have three up for hits: FAA com center?, Verizon, and Skynet access with RadioHack connected. Lastly, how do you open manholes? I live in an old town that has Bell Atlantic holes. Lata!

#14 phreakblaze

phreakblaze

• Members
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 25 June 2003 - 02:39 PM

My side of town ( don't go to the other side much) has no manholes that i can find. Get a pic cause i want to know what they are like!!! :D

#15 Spaz101

Spaz101

Spaz is lame...

• Members
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 25 June 2003 - 06:58 PM

well there is a phreak urban legend about the manholes with the belllogo on them having linemen and manuals in the... havent found one yet i took a crowbar and friend and opened 3 of them... even if their were wont they be wet and useless with mold and bugs heh

#16 phreakblaze

phreakblaze

• Members
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 25 June 2003 - 07:24 PM

isn't going in manholes kinda stupid now that you mention that?!?

#17 Spaz101

Spaz101

Spaz is lame...

• Members
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 25 June 2003 - 10:36 PM

see what i mean but i guess now i reread the text and its the covor to the main fone lines... think of it if they got a room down there full of all the fone lines in its area... wow beige box heaven

#18 phreakblaze

phreakblaze

• Members
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 26 June 2003 - 05:15 AM

my side of town, i think, has only the avobe gound wireing boxs ( or cans or whatever you say). Like in in the pic avobe, but none are in a sucluded spot. It ,akes thingks realy hard since i can't sneek out at night, but i still find time to get to them and hook up my beige box.

#19 Spaz101

Spaz101

Spaz is lame...

• Members
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 26 June 2003 - 11:29 AM

the thing is mine are the same way i found out man.... but i do guess i could go out an night with my tools but their out in the middle of blocks and i still have no 20 min ride to go out of town

#20 phreakblaze

phreakblaze

• Members
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 26 June 2003 - 12:14 PM

I bring a spool of cable (that i actualy got out of the cans and preped) and try to hook it in and snake it into the woods. from there I hook up my box. The hard part is going back to the box and switching the line your on, since i do more daytime beige boxing than night. :ATTN: :ATTN: :ATTN: ^_^ :D

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!