• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 kahless720

kahless720

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 09:42 AM

I was just currious if anyone on here is into satellite stuff at all. Not the "oooh i wanna get free hbo" type stuff, but really understanding the different encryption methods. Im kind of a noob when it comes to most encryption standards, but i have a decent grasp of nagravision.

Anyways, just wondering if anyone here knows anything about sattelite encryption technology and would like to share some info.

#2 Dr^ZigMan

Dr^ZigMan

Publish or Perish!

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 09:44 AM

Welcome to the fourms kahless and Kapla!

Could you be more specific as to what area of satelites? Satelite internet? DirectTV?
-Dr^ZigMan

#3 kahless720

kahless720

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 10:00 AM

just satellite stuff in general. satellite radio, satellite internet, satellite tv, direct tv, c-band, smartcards used for security, etc...

btw, its spelled Qa'pla :)

#4 jfalcon

jfalcon

Hakker addict

• 593 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 12:46 PM

It all depends on what you want to hit.

If you're new to satellite, I suggest reading up on them first.

http://www.amsat.org is a good place to start. It really shows what can be done.

Beyond that, there's all kinds of stuff on satellite. All depends on what exactly you want to do.

-jf

#5 Alkali Jack

Alkali Jack

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 01:05 PM

Do I know about satellite? I owned the Voyager 1 spacecraft. I'm going to be writing a tutorial about the logistics of hacking with a 13-hour transmission delay. :)

#6 nick84

nick84

• 1,680 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 03:31 PM

Inmarsat satellite phones are apparently unencrypted: http://web.archive.o...ck/inmarsat.htm

#7 djmollusk

djmollusk

resident chix0r magnet

• 813 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 04:29 PM

1999 - 2002 I was really into DirecTV and Dish Network hacking, but they really started to crack down on it in early 2002 and I backed out of that scene. I still remember quite a bit.

#8 Exvitel

Exvitel

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 04:36 PM

Do I know about satellite? I owned the Voyager 1 spacecraft. I'm going to be writing a tutorial about the logistics of hacking with a 13-hour transmission delay.

I can't wait to see it!

Edited by Exvitel, 26 September 2005 - 04:37 PM.

#9 Debris

Debris

Mack Daddy 31337

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 07:08 PM

Do I know about satellite? I owned the Voyager 1 spacecraft. I'm going to be writing a tutorial about the logistics of hacking with a 13-hour transmission delay.

I can't wait to see it!

View Post

I think he was kidding, Exvitel. I'll be really embarrassed if yu weren't.

#10 Exvitel

Exvitel

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 07:41 PM

Consider yourself officially embarrassed. :D

I was completely serious, think about it, hacking on a damn 13 hour delay, and I want to see how this was accomplished too.

And PS Debris, STOP FUCKING POST WHORING!!!!
A little here and there is still annoying, but on your level you've been whoring so damn much you have like 4,000 cyber STDs. STOP!!!

#11 kahless720

kahless720

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 08:32 PM

1999 - 2002 I was really into DirecTV and Dish Network hacking, but they really started to crack down on it in early 2002 and I backed out of that scene.  I still remember quite a bit.

View Post

Im kinda into the dish scene, not too much to directv since the p4 card. Im just looking for some more technical info.. like there are some smart card dumps out people are dissassembling, and stuff like that.

#12 lowtec

lowtec

• Members
  • 492 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 08:44 PM

In order to even communicate with the Voyager 1 you would need to basically use the entire Earth as an antenna.

Sat. TV seemed cool back a few years ago but then DTV went after anyone & everyone.. people who had merely purchased smart card readers online.. crazy. I never had sat. tv but was just interested in smart cards. The sat. tv scene has been pretty polluted.

Edit: the Voyager 1 is not a satellite...

Edited by lowtec, 26 September 2005 - 08:45 PM.

#13 Alkali Jack

Alkali Jack

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 01:09 PM

Of course I was kidding. My real point is that 'Satellite Hacking' sounds really cool, untill you realize that it's about TV, and not really about satellites. I find TV quite boring.

View Post

Good for you! I was wondering if anyone would notice that. To be fair, Voyager was a satellite of the planet Jupiter in 1979 and of Saturn in 1980, anthough now it has moved into intersteller space, and I don't think it's even a satellite of the Sun anymore.

#14 chaostic

chaostic

rekcah-rebÜ

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 02:16 PM

Of course I was kidding.  My real point is that 'Satellite Hacking' sounds really cool, untill you realize that it's about TV, and not really about satellites.  I find TV quite boring.

View Post

Good for you! I was wondering if anyone would notice that. To be fair, Voyager was a satellite of the planet Jupiter in 1979 and of Saturn in 1980, anthough now it has moved into intersteller space, and I don't think it's even a satellite of the Sun anymore.

View Post

To be fair, it is now space trash... but if you look at it in a bigger scale, it is still a satellite of the massive black hole...

#15 Rightcoast

Rightcoast

mmm ... donuts

• 2,074 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 02:37 PM

Do you mean the black hole that is sure to be our doom? :P
http://movies.yahoo....2653720010.html

I don't know much about satellite hacking, I do remember what DJ Mollusk mentioned. Don't take this as gospel, as I never got into playing with satellite tv encryption....but it can get some pound_me_in_the_ass_prison time. :blink:

Just something to keep in mind. The crackdown DJ Mullosk mentioned cut a pretty wide swath, and I doubt the feds figure, "Job well done. That was that, lets move on".
http://www.usdoj.gov..._walterPlea.htm

#16 Debris

Debris

Mack Daddy 31337

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 07:53 PM

And PS Debris, STOP FUCKING POST WHORING!!!!
A little here and there is still annoying, but on your level you've been whoring so damn much you have like 4,000 cyber STDs. STOP!!!

View Post

What the hell? I think you're thinking of Voldemort. I don't post as often as I use to. In fact, the post I made telling that other guy that I thought you were kidding was I think maybe the only post made that day. I could have made one or two others, but honestly I didn't think that the post I made would be such a problem.

edit: Oh! I just reread what I posted and what the other person posted and I noticed that you were the one I was telling that the guy was kidding. So, I should be getting mad at you, and you should be the one embarrassed. What I was telling you, Exvitel, was that I thought that the other guy was kidding. I knew that you weren't kidding, and that is why I bothered to post so I could inform you that what the other guy said was probably a joke. I'm sorry if this post bothers you by the way. I reallly really really don't intend to sound like an asshole.

Edited by Debris, 27 September 2005 - 07:57 PM.

#17 Magnum516

Magnum516

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 10:58 PM

Is there really a way to get sattellite internet? and if so how?

#18 hexstar

hexstar

the 0ne

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 07:01 PM

you can get it here for $60 a month: http://www.verizonwi...dband/index.jsp

#19 Mr.Int

Mr.Int

Gibson Hacker

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 07:30 PM

With ham radios you can contact satellites (via voice, packet, and possibly other methods) or even use them as repeaters. AFAIK, though, you need a rig more powerful than your standard HT, unfortunately.

#20 nrg

nrg

the 0ne

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 06:16 AM

Long time lurker, first time posting.

I'm amazed that no one mentions FTA (free-to-air) satellite hacking. These receivers were used back in the days for those huge metal dish that sat in people's backyards. But lately, people have found a way to hack them to receive dish network signals (and many more). I've been doing it for almost two years now. I started out, and still have, a Pansat 2500; it works great but there are much better receivers now. I'm currently testing out a coolsat 5000 plat from a friend, this receiver is much better. The actual channel listing (EPG) actually works; it shows all the current shows. Unlike the one on my pansat, which doesn't do jack. Pansat also sucks now because the creator of the receiver started to send out scripts to kill their receivers. (ironic)

The receivers run about 150 to 200 bucks on ebay, local swap meet or flea market, classified ads (craigslist). Then you pick up a directv or dish network 18" circular (this can receive up to two sat with a small mod) or 24" oval dish (this dish can receive up to 4 satellites on one dish) (also make sure they're not DISH Pro500 LNB) (LNB are the things at the end of the dish). Aim the dish to the desired satellite in space, hook up the wires to the receiver. Then program the receiver from your computer via serial cable. It's very simple to program too: just find the latest bin people have created, and find a current channel list. Upload both and you're good to go. ViewSAT is the best I’m hearing right now, but I’ve never got a change to test drive one of those.

My setup: coolsat 5000 plat, 24" oval dish with two LNB, one pointed to 110 and 119. I only program my receiver when it gets hit, average around every 4 months or when a huge sporting events show up haha. But sometimes when it does get hit, it's just a simple key change.

al7bar.tk is the forums I use for FTA files and info.

As of right now, some ppv dont work. Must be some channel frequency change. I haven't looked on any other forums yet about this; maybe i'll get to it tomorrow.

If you must start hacking now, I suggest a coolsat 5000 plat receiver. if you do somehow end up getting a pansat 2500/2700, make sure it's not a fake. there are tons of clones/fakes out there that hardly works.

If you guys are interested, ask any quesitons and i'll try to answer them. I have more links for more files ;)

edit: opps, is this in the right location? maybe It should be in its own thread? I don't know =\

Edited by nrg, 08 June 2006 - 06:19 AM.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!