• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 unity

unity

Ten Ten Three Two Three

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 11 June 2003 - 01:01 PM

If other countries run SxS systems, or Xbar, then would one be able to signal those systems, like say you called a number in China, (I dont know if China uses SxS, purely example), then could you send a 2600 Hz tone down the line and seize the trunk on the China exchange? Or does the local telco pinch off all tones of that type with some type of filtering system? Anyone know anything about this?

Did I phrase that so that I could be understood? reading back, it sounds rather hazy.

#2 Spaz101

Spaz101

Spaz is lame...

• Members
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 11 June 2003 - 05:01 PM

Well it is possible in thery, but larger telcos now a days have a new divice that looks for 2600 tones where its not supost to be, but sence it can be faked by voice im not sure if they do this so much but its worth a try, if you do it in a rush i suppose

#3 unity

unity

Ten Ten Three Two Three

• 1,236 posts

Posted 11 June 2003 - 08:35 PM

Do you know any more about "those systems"? Or is that just a straight-up guess?

#4 Spaz101

Spaz101

Spaz is lame...

• Members
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 11 June 2003 - 10:12 PM

well im not sure if they use them accross the world... but if you got the blue box or the tones try it and scope out the area for a while (next few days) im not sure about this because i didnt study the 2600 tones too much alls i know is that i herd about that little divice that tracks them through the lines sorry (a little drunk so i might not sound right)

#5 unity

unity

Ten Ten Three Two Three

• 1,236 posts

Posted 12 June 2003 - 09:03 AM

No problem.

#6 Captain B

Captain B

SUP3R 31337

• Banned
  • 158 posts

Posted 17 June 2003 - 01:19 PM

I've also heard about telcos tracking "2600 tones where they shoudln't be too". Whether or not this is true, who can say? They telcos know the truth on that, but why would they let us know everything. Especially since they probaly would rather have it be the case that we didn't know any of this shiz-nit anywayz. All I know is, usually nowadayz, when the average Joe Phreak goes blue boxing, he routes his call through a toll free "country direct" operator phone number. I know there's a list of all of these country direct numbers out there in cyberspace. In fact, I think more than one phreaker site has had this list posted. And, obviously, unless you speak other languages pretty fluently, It'd probably be best to stick with dialing up some English speaking country direct op. But, if you try blue boxing on UK country direct ops, I've heard BT (British Telecom) supposedly monitors those lines for blue box tones. Can't verify this, though.

#7 GUEST_Guest_***

GUEST_Guest_***
  • Guests

Posted 17 June 2003 - 01:24 PM

Doesnt BT run digital switches anyways? So you couldnt blue box there anyways. I thought the only countries with SxS or any other in-band signaled system were the non-english ones.

#8 Spaz101

Spaz101

Spaz is lame...

• Members
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 17 June 2003 - 01:47 PM

there are some english areas that still accept blue boxing and i thought some in like russia too but im not fully sure

#9 Captain B

Captain B

SUP3R 31337

• Banned
  • 158 posts

Posted 18 June 2003 - 01:44 PM

Not sure on this one. Infact, I've sometimes wondered whether al country direct ops truly are "over there" in that country, or actually somewhere within the US, and routing calls for "over there". I do know that the UK runs another flavor of SS7 than here in the US. There was an article way back in one of the 1999 issues of 2600 that talked about and compared the 2 (the UK phone system and ours) a little bit. I think the article was called SS7 overview, or something to that effect. I know it wasn't in the Winter 99-00 issue, so that narrows it down to the winter 98-99, spring 99, or fall '99 issue. (I have all 2600 issues from 99 to present, that's how I know this). And, probably the info is also out there somewhere in cyberspace on some phreak site as well.

#10 Spaz101

Spaz101

Spaz is lame...

• Members
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 18 June 2003 - 11:42 PM

i have that issue its the9-11 issue... ss7 we love it abuse it but what makes it work...

#11 unity

unity

Ten Ten Three Two Three

• 1,236 posts

Posted 19 June 2003 - 01:22 PM

I will be sure to check it out then.

#12 Spaz101

Spaz101

Spaz is lame...

• Members
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 19 June 2003 - 09:10 PM

ide gladly give it to you but your not in my npa well i dont believe so... meh but i got a subsription to 2600 and hopefully soon binary rev

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!