• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 unity

unity

Ten Ten Three Two Three

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 10 June 2003 - 09:06 AM

is 555 a special area code? Last night i found these interesting numbers.

1 800 555 1140 - ANI and line #
1 800 555 1180 - ANI and line #
1 800 555 1170 - always fast busy

on the 1140 lines, there is an automated voice that says something about a "line number" or something, then something about you ANI info. Anyone know what that "line number" could be referring to?

#2 Captain B

Captain B

SUP3R 31337

• Banned
  • 158 posts

Posted 10 June 2003 - 12:15 PM

Umm... *COUGH* How can it be an "area code" when It's toll free 1-800 numbers? I think the proper term you were looking for is either exchange, or prefix. But, those numbers have been circulated for some time now. And, also, I think Lucky mentioned one of them in the last (spring) issue of 2.6k (2600) magazine, as well. I'm not sure, but I think someone once told me that AT&T has heavy control over anything 1-800-555-xxxx, but I can't confirm that. But, I suppose it stands to reason that if any telco would have sole or majority of control of that exachange, It'd be a major telco like AT&T, and not some small time telco. In fact, from what I understand, the Tell Me voice portal phone service service on 800-555-Tell is owned/operated bt AT&T. But, I could be wrong on that last one. On a side note, another voice portal phone service (Called "Hey Anita") can be found on 800-Hi Anita. And, in case you don't already know, these "voice portal" phone services are free, and controlled by simply saying what you want. (Although, they also allow use of the keypad to enter choices as well). You can get weather, traffic reports, horoscopes, even play a round or 2 of black jack. (And no, no really money is involved while playing it). At one time, you could even place a free 1 minute phone call via the "phone booth" feature on Tell Me. But thanks to people ABusing that feature, It's since been removed. There's "back door" numbers into Tell Me on some 866 numbers. I think it was 866-Tell Me9, or 866-Tell Me and some digit. Tell Me and Hey Anita can only be accessed from payphones if you op-divert. (Since those numbers are blocked from payphones). HTH

#3 unity

unity

Ten Ten Three Two Three

• 1,236 posts

Posted 10 June 2003 - 12:38 PM

erm..ehehe..exchange is what I meant. Well. My bad for not noticing that those numbers had been circulated.

#4 Captain B

Captain B

SUP3R 31337

• Banned
  • 158 posts

Posted 10 June 2003 - 12:45 PM

To err is human. It's all good, dude. And yeah, those numbers had been circulated LONG before Lucky ever mentioned it publicly in 2600.

#5 BriskAttivo

BriskAttivo

Mack Daddy 31337

• Members
  • 245 posts

Posted 24 June 2003 - 11:07 PM

Check RESPORG.

#6 Spaz101

Spaz101

Spaz is lame...

• Members
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 25 June 2003 - 06:42 PM

the 1170 number is odd whats the deal.. fast busy? can you play with it? at all

#7 Captain B

Captain B

SUP3R 31337

• Banned
  • 158 posts

Posted 26 June 2003 - 12:45 PM

Ordinarily, in most areas, dialing 11xx is the equivilent of dial *xx for that telco's optional IQ services like *69 and whatnot. But, not in all cases everywhere. Also, I've noticed that different COs even have the whole *xx thing-ee configured different. For instance, only out of my CO does dialing *58 or *59 simply disconnect from the dial tone and then connect right back. Don't ask me why. Alls I know is that I've yet to find any other CO here that has that for *58 or *59. Also, at one time not very long agoo, if you dialed *94 or *01 before placing a call, it would always give a fast busy for any call to any number you dialed. Another weird thing I can't explain there. But, it does goo to show that It's worth giving the phone network out of your CO, and COs in your area, the "once over" as far as finding out how some things are configured. BTW, I think some areas in some parts of the country use either use 11xx as the local ANAC. To truly put your CO through It's paces, dial every *xx and 11xx number one by one. Yeah, It's time consuming, but this how one truly scours a network of any type. By going through everything there is to go through.

#8 phreakblaze

phreakblaze

...and would you belive they let me play with 30TB!!!

• Binrev Financier
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 02 July 2003 - 08:33 PM

Tell me is fun, get bored at a rest stop, 10-10-2880 to it and have some fun, one time my parents thought it was real money i was playing with.

#9 Y0ungBra1n

Y0ungBra1n

The floor is made of lava!

• 1,239 posts

Posted 04 July 2003 - 09:55 PM

Your parents sound like they arent around much, or don't know a whole lot of what your capable of doing. If this is true, you are so lucky!!! :pissed:

#10 phreakblaze

phreakblaze

• Binrev Financier
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 05 July 2003 - 10:20 AM

Well my parents know what i can do on the computer, but not the telephone. They know i'm good cause i saved my dad's car dealer ship, $3000 in computer replacements, cause a repair man couldn't figure it out.
But i don't really let them know, and they don't snoop around me too much, but i can't even walk to the movies, 5 blocks away. I'm lucky and unluck at the same time.

#11 Y0ungBra1n

Y0ungBra1n

• 1,239 posts

Posted 05 July 2003 - 10:43 AM

Yeah, I am in the same boat as you, almost. My parents will let me go anywhere I want, if I ask them and give them the time I will be home... They also usually check where I was by calling the family and they also ask what I did there. My dad actually found my beige box and chewed me out without knowing what it was. :angry: + :pissed: = :grr:

#12 phreakblaze

phreakblaze

• Binrev Financier
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 05 July 2003 - 01:45 PM

what did he think it was, a beige, or something diffrent. "son, whats this missle launcher for???" :angry:

#13 Y0ungBra1n

Y0ungBra1n

• 1,239 posts

Posted 05 July 2003 - 06:33 PM

HAHAHAHAHA, LOL :D :lol: :D ... OK, gotta calm down :flush: ,ok that's better... No, he had know idea of what it was, he was pretty close when he said that it uses electricity from the fone line, but he was mostly mad at me for using his tools. Then, I said: what am i gonna do, break em?, and that was when- :fight: .....yeah, that...

-grounded-

#14 phreakblaze

phreakblaze

• Binrev Financier
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 05 July 2003 - 06:56 PM

don't be givin him no sas.

#15 Y0ungBra1n

Y0ungBra1n

• 1,239 posts

Posted 05 July 2003 - 07:34 PM

your right on with that!

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!