• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 White_Raven

White_Raven

That's so raven!

• Banned
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 09 June 2003 - 04:43 PM

So here I am, going through my mail with my girlfriend, and lo and behold.. A bill from At&t. The thing is, I dont use At&t, everyone local uses qwest.. turnes out they slammed me :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed:

They called a while ago and tryied to get me to switch, I told them "NO!!!!!", told them I wasnt interested and hung up.. Now this crap.

I called the FCC, they said a local state compony handles slamming, so I called them up... they said they would look into it, and I wasnt to pay the bill.. and Im soposed to call at&t and complain.

I called att and complained, so they switched my line to a vmb that looped over and over "if you want to leave a msg..." and after I leave a msg it will not let me send it.. no matter what key I pressed, and it said to send it press the pound, when I do that.. nothing

So I called them back, Modem Spy on (heh.) and had it out with the "b1tch" on the other end; turns out not only where they billing me for a service I did not agree to or want, but they handt even changed my service.. in short, they are billing me for a service they are not providing! AND the lieing piece of shit I was talking to SAID THATS what they where doing, but "its ok cos your service wasnt switched"..

TIP: Put a PIC freeze on your line, call up your phone compony, tell them you are disabled, and ask about PIC freeze.. you may even be able to get a discount on your bill.

Anyway Im pissed, I called up qwest and they where so cool about it, seems I wasnt swtiched after all and my info is the same.. I had them send me a copy of my bill and the FCC is going to look into the ATT crap.. blah

What really gets me is ATT says Im going to have to PAY THEM for THEM SLAMMING ME, and in the end they WERE NOT EVEN PROVIDING ME A SERVICE, JUST BILLING ME FOR ONE.. it really pisses me off.....

Modem spy got it all, if somone has a place for me to dump parts of the mp3s, I will do so.

#2 ntheory

ntheory

data pillager

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 09 June 2003 - 04:57 PM

I'd definitely host MP3s of that. PM me and we'll arrange it.

#3 White_Raven

White_Raven

That's so raven!

• Banned
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 09 June 2003 - 05:39 PM

I pmed ya..

#4 Captain B

Captain B

SUP3R 31337

• Banned
  • 158 posts

Posted 10 June 2003 - 12:27 PM

I'm DEFINITELY interested in hearing that MP3. Please, drop me a URL, or something on here. I'd drop my eMail address on here, but I get the funny feeling I'm being watched. It's like as if someone I don't know from Adam is reading this right now... and... HEY YOU! Yeah, YOU! I caugth you! Thought you could read this without me knowing, huh? Well, ha-ha, the joke's on you, pal. :lol: Heh, heh. Seriously though, you're ABsolutely right ABout what pure BS slamming is. Makes me glad I put the freeze on my account. Of course, that didn't stop my local telco from trying to claim I made A LOT more local calls then I did one time. But, when I threatened to drop them as my service provider, they didn't waste any time reimbursing me by crediting my account. So, in light of all this, I say DOWN WITH CORPORATE GREED AND CORRUPTION! And, more power to the common man!

#5 hacnslash

hacnslash

Banisher of n00bs

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 2,454 posts

Posted 10 June 2003 - 03:24 PM

I say DOWN WITH CORPORATE GREED AND CORRUPTION! And, more power to the common man!

yay communism!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

disclaimer:
it was a joke

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!