Photo
- - - - -

Anyone Using A Blackberry???

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 drc

drc

I broke 10 posts and all I got was this lousy title!

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 02:45 AM

Mine's in the shop, and I don't really remember what model number it was.. 7110 I wanna say.. something like that

I'm not very fond of it, mostly for the reasons already mentioned.. it's a bitch to actually talk on, I've found a weird style of angleing it in my ear that makes it useable, but for the most part I can't hear people well and vice-versa. Mine is through work so it's always bugging me to do stuff, which might bias my oppinion of it.

The JVM completely puked on it, which isn't horribly supprising, it always gave me probs.

The first day I got it I was setting my voicemail password (Nextel) while I was sitting on the can. "Password too short..." "Password not 1337 enough..." The IVR lady was kinda bugging me so I just kept on spamming 0's as my password (I was kinda curious what the thing would do since she read back all the other bad passwords... ) Well anyhow the phone eventually got mad and spit out some JVM error. Every time I went back into the phone book it would crash.. I finally cleared the recent numbers and it was ok again for awhile.

Near the end here before I had it commited, it was really freaking out "Catastrophic Assertion Error", JVM error: XXX, etc etc.. then it just quit loading the GUI system and left me with this really strange and useless menu "Email, Phone, Options" phone nor e-mail worked, options were the usual options.

I think maybe the memory just got fscked, but I wasn't really impressed.

I haven't really found a good SSH client for it either.. the MIdpsh(something like that) free one is kinda weird for typing on (type the text locally then submit) which is ok I guess, just strange

#22 natas

natas

De La Natas

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 09:32 AM

well there is input mode with midpssh so your actually typing on the command line. the idokorro mobile ssh program is really good but its $95. im just gonna use the free trial for awhile.

#23 asn

asn

SUP3R 31337 P1MP

• Members
  • 298 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 12:23 PM

Another alternative i think that are great are the Pocket PC's with integrated GSM/GRPS. It offers more power with the tools like ssh, email and thousands of other tools. iPAQ makes great ones, though a little pricey :)

#24 Black Hand

Black Hand

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 01:42 PM

I've been thinking about getting something like this, a PDA and Phone. My mom has a Treo, which runs the Palm OS, and I really don't like it. My sister has an older Palm also. I just can't find a happy place with Palm. I have an iPaq right now, just a PDA not a phone, and I'm really happy with it. I would like to get a Pocket PC phone.

I did look at the Blackberry's and they do look pretty nice. I would like to play with one first, but I would consider them.

#25 natas

natas

De La Natas

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 02:13 PM

i dont like the treos. people i know who had them both said they suck.

#26 t3st.s3t

t3st.s3t

rekcah-rebÜ

• Members
  • 719 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 02:55 PM

i dont like the treos. people i know who had them both said they suck.

View Post

yes, they do suck!

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!