• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 spite

spite

Gibson Hacker

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 08 June 2003 - 01:03 PM

If you don't know www.sprintrelayonline.com is a service for the hard of hearing to go through an operate to make telephone calls. You type to thwe operator, they talk to the other person, the other person responds, the operator types back to you.
I connected earlier with the number 18004444444, and according to their policy they must type out whatever the party says, so they told me the ANI!
I think this would be interesting to investigate further, anyone want to play with it with me? Maybe go on IRC or something and respond with findings, etc

oh and the number I got was 3058162433
When I call it I get transferred to someone else(Audix?) who then isn't there and I get transferred to voice mail. Try it out yourself and see if you get different numbers. Maybe they have a loop they go through nearest to the number you dial? Interesting whatever it is
Let me know

spite

#2 phax

phax

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 08 June 2003 - 03:06 PM

Spite in my area it's a MCI ani like the 1-800-333-4444
I never play with them thou. I'll play around and see what I get

#3 spite

spite

Gibson Hacker

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 08 June 2003 - 03:55 PM

The 800 number is an ANI, that's the number I gave them to dial so I could get the number they dial out from in their system. Wondering what that number is exactly

#4 phax

phax

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 08 June 2003 - 10:42 PM

U'r right the # is ani, but evertime I play with them I always got transfer to a MCI ppl that always tried to get me to changed my sevice over to theres ... Maybe it's different in your area

#5 White_Raven

White_Raven

That's so raven!

• Banned
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 09 June 2003 - 05:22 AM

Ya I use sprintrelayonline all the time.. its great for calling people long distance for free.. As you said, they have to say what you say, in fact I bellive it is fedral law that they must do so; This makes the service usefull for other things besides calling people or ANAC's

#6 lokey

lokey

Gibson Hacker

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 09 June 2003 - 09:38 AM

not only do they have to say what you say but it, is also illegal for them to tell anybody about what you said!! hmm.... imagine someone hypothetically making death threats or planning terrorist activities over the fone, however any kind of threat would not have much impact if delivered in a bored operator voice.

#7 spite

spite

Gibson Hacker

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 09 June 2003 - 10:08 AM

But theoretically you can make them phreak for you!

"Whistle a 2600 tone"

#8 Captain B

Captain B

SUP3R 31337

• Banned
  • 158 posts

Posted 09 June 2003 - 02:12 PM

Phreaks have REALLY ABused those online TTY services to death!! I mean, how many times can you tell a TTY op "I've got a 1 inch long shlong, go ahead", or some other idiotic shiz-nit like that, and it still be funny. Remember, if we want any thing on phone lines to be up and running for a good while, it certainly helps not to ABuse such services. Don't get me wrong though, I can get pretty immature myself at times. But, I try to exercise at least some discretion with things via phone I'd rather stay "up" for a while. And, that's a good number of things. BTW, on a side note, when your TTY-ing via a standard TTY/TDD machine, you can save yourself (and the relay op) some time by using HCO (Hearing Carry Over) mode. Now, there's also VCO (Voice Carry Over) mode, with which this should not be confused. With VCO, you talk, the person on the other end can hear you, and the relay op types the other person's response back to you. But, with your enemies, if you'd rather hide the fact that It's you calling them, using HCO allows you to hear the person you've called, and you type your respones, which is read to the person by the relay op. It can be a helpful time saver. At the beginning of your call, (I always do it before I have the relay op dial anything for me) just tell the relay op to use HCO mode, or to turn on HCO mode. You may want to also spell out Hearing Carry Over, rather than using HCO, just in case the relay op has forgotten what it is, or something. But, of course, this feature would probably not be availible on Internet TTY relay service.

#9 spite

spite

Gibson Hacker

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 10 June 2003 - 11:06 AM

Well I wasn't starting this topic to abuse or make pranks with this service. Just that we can get alot of information about their systems and how they do the service.

#10 Captain B

Captain B

SUP3R 31337

• Banned
  • 158 posts

Posted 10 June 2003 - 12:00 PM

No prob, mi amigoo. It's all goo. I was only trying to make a important point. Not necessarily to you, but to all here. Because, I've seen it many times before, especially with the n00bs who are still wet behind the ears. So many times newbie phreaks, (and, of course, the "sKriPt KiDz") don't always seem to grasp the fact that an ABused phone service is one that, in all likelihood, won't be availible for all that long. And, whenever you tell such people that, they usually say something along the lines of, "Well, what's the big deal? You can always scan and find something else new again". But, they don't seem to understand that no matter how "skilled" a phreak you may be, finding truly good, truly useful shhtuff Isn't particularly quick and easy. Even if you're running a war dialer program rather than doing the scanning "manually" by hand, it can be tough to find really good things on the phone systems. Bottom line: The phone service you ABuse today, will probably be the one that's gone tomorrow. And, from a logical standpoint, it just doesn't make good sense to ruin any perfectly good service, and make it get shut down through ABuse. Let's make as good a use as we can out of the resources we have. To do anything less, Isn't particularly intelligent.

#11 lokey

lokey

Gibson Hacker

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 12 June 2003 - 08:21 PM

i guess thats why there are very few phreak directories released any more(they are obsolete a few months after published). a few months ago i made the mistake of giving the local anac to a phreak in my area code ..... and now its gone :(

#12 unity

unity

Ten Ten Three Two Three

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 13 June 2003 - 12:40 PM

Unfortunately, that seems to be the way that phreaking works. The more people that know a service exists, the less likely it is to exist long.

#13 Spaz101

Spaz101

Spaz is lame...

• Members
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 13 June 2003 - 07:18 PM

The jinx forum is filled with the people who would get good things killed but they mostly talk about using a biege box and how to make them... how noobish :), me myself, i like to learn how my local fone company (qwest) works, etc. so i dont spend alot of time exploiting thing just reading seing and trashing

#14 Captain B

Captain B

SUP3R 31337

• Banned
  • 158 posts

Posted 16 June 2003 - 01:50 PM

Oh well. We were all n00bs once. And, here's what I think is an interesting question: When you get right down to it, how truly "1337" can anyone get. Technology always keeps moving forward. Well, alright, maybe not as fast with telecom technology as with other technologies. But, the point is, evolution is the key. If you're not learning something new from time to time, you're not evolving. And, if you're not evolving, then what exactly is the point. It takes time and dedication to a cause to become, for lack of a better term "good" at anything. Nobody becomes the greatest at anything overnight, or in a weeks time, or a few months, or sometimes even a year or so. And yeah, that can make it tedious at times for some, but when you love your work, It's not as much of a problem. Just some food for thought.

#15 spite

spite

Gibson Hacker

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 16 June 2003 - 03:00 PM

leet is a bad term in my opinion anyway. Who can truly define it? Become a jack of all trades type person and know a bit about everything? Know one thing inside and out? Myself, I wouldn't consider myself anything. I'm interested in technology, but I neither know anything inside out nor know everything. I have a passing interest in some things I have access to as well as some things I don't, but when I can't learn myself, it usually stops there. I don't have any friends that share my interests, nor do I know many people online that are free to talk with me and explore what I am curious about.

So in a way I guess you could say I am constantly striving to be 'leet' while being pulled back by social or otherwise contraints that keep me in my seat going 5 mph in a 65 zone. Even if I succeeded in any exploration I want to begin, I would pass on the knowledge I learned, but at what price? Like you said earlier B, anything known is corrupted, abused, destroyed. At what point does exploration turn into destruction? What price do we pay for our curiousity?

That brings me to something else. How many people reading this right now strive TO destroy with their knowledge that has been passed down from those curious? Does bringing down a node, reading someones private data, using someones phone card, etc; does all this bring you joy? I guess in the end, the road to hell is truly paved with good intentions.

#16 Spaz101

Spaz101

Spaz is lame...

• Members
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 16 June 2003 - 09:03 PM

you got a point B
we were all newbs and we still are in one way or another

#17 Captain B

Captain B

SUP3R 31337

• Banned
  • 158 posts

Posted 17 June 2003 - 01:09 PM

Yeah. And also, I've seen people who think because they've learned a thing or 2, they're suddenly "1337" overnight, or something. Unfortunately, It's not as simple as that. In fact, when is anything ever that straightforward? And, in my case, I take the philosophy of, "stick to one thing, and try, if possible, to become really good at it". In other words, It's better, and somewhat simpler, to focus on mastering one thing, whatever it may be. Then, if you've managed to truly master it, and decide you want to move on to something else, then and only then, do so. It's hard enough trying to master one thing only, let alone trying to bacome a "jack of all trades". And, on that note, here's another riddle for ya: Just exactly how many people that claim to be a "jack of all trades" type truly is? Speaking for myself, I'd rather stay focused on one thing, one field, one concept, one anything.

#18 Spaz101

Spaz101

Spaz is lame...

• Members
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 17 June 2003 - 01:50 PM

well me i focus on 1 or 2 things at a time (not learnign seing yet even more and cocots)

#19 1337

SUP3R 31337 P1MP

• Members
  • 268 posts

Posted 01 July 2003 - 11:46 PM

Back to the original topic..................I got 520 219 5732 as the number.

#20 1337

SUP3R 31337 P1MP

• Members
  • 268 posts

Posted 01 July 2003 - 11:48 PM

Does anyone know of any other online relay services? Sprintrelayonline is the only one I know of.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!