• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 logan5

logan5

Hakker addict

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 534 posts

Posted 07 June 2003 - 11:32 PM

After many months of sporadic work, I finally have some form of a personal site up and running. What I have up now will eventually be part of a much larger site, but now it's just a place to p1mp my model work: aircraft, armor, sci-fi and other stuff.
http://logan5.sytes.net

The site is 100% in Flash, and a fast connection will help. Enjoy. B)

#2 BiZaR

BiZaR

Mack Daddy 31337

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 07 June 2003 - 11:57 PM

very nice site, i really like it = )
Looks really good

#3 White_Raven

White_Raven

That's so raven!

• Banned
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 07 June 2003 - 11:58 PM

wow... your a flash p1mp! You do all the art/graphix yourself?

#4 StankDawg

StankDawg

same old Dawg, no new tricks

• Moderating Team
  • 8,073 posts

Posted 08 June 2003 - 12:03 AM

please tell me binrev.com is next!?!?!?

in-fukking-credible!!!! :omfg:

#5 hacnslash

hacnslash

Banisher of n00bs

• 2,454 posts

Posted 08 June 2003 - 08:25 AM

ooo niiice, very nice work man!!!!!!

edit: when you read the description of the horten ho IX you might wanna change: "but tit was destroyed".... other than that, i realy like your models man, i like doin planes and shit, but never really got that high of a level of detail.

#6 logan5

logan5

Hakker addict

• 534 posts

Posted 08 June 2003 - 09:45 AM

wow... your a flash p1mp! You do all the art/graphix yourself?

Thanx for the kudos, everybody. :wub:

Yeah, I do all my gfx work. Except for the background images (Photoshopped scans from various instruction sheets) and the vintage photos of the pilot and P-40 assembly line (from my "found images" collection), I did everything else.

#7 logan5

logan5

Hakker addict

• 534 posts

Posted 08 June 2003 - 09:47 AM

please tell me binrev.com is next!?!?!?

in-fukking-credible!!!!  :omfg:

:lol:
If Congress would only lift the ban on human cloning, I could get SO much more accomplished!

#8 logan5

logan5

Hakker addict

• 534 posts

Posted 08 June 2003 - 09:51 AM

edit: when you read the description of the horten ho IX you might wanna change: "but tit was destroyed".... other than that, i realy like your models man, i like doin planes and shit, but never really got that high of a level of detail.

DOH! :o
Thanks man, nice catch! The last thing I want is to be accused of destroying tits. ;)

#9 phax

phax

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 08 June 2003 - 09:56 AM

nice grax logan!

tha flash really rocks, so how long did it actually take
qewl work thou man

#10 White_Raven

White_Raven

That's so raven!

• Banned
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 08 June 2003 - 12:33 PM

DOH! :o
Thanks man, nice catch! The last thing I want is to be accused of destroying tits. ;)

Oh yes, destroying tits to build airplanes just doesnt make sence, after all the first are better to watch ;)

About how long did it take you to create that site?

#11 logan5

logan5

Hakker addict

• 534 posts

Posted 08 June 2003 - 05:39 PM

I didn't keeep track of how many hours I spent, but it was well over 30 with all the gfx prep and taking the pictures of the models. I've been working on it for about three months on and off, a couple of hours here and there when time permits. I tried some new things in Flash that I had never done before, so the experimenting there added lots of time too. The rest of the site will be a mix of Flash and HTML. That is, when ever I get around to starting the rest of it.

#12 sl1pm0de

sl1pm0de

Gibson Hacker

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 09 June 2003 - 04:00 PM

Are those all your models? Do you have a trainset. I love trains. I see how the locomotives were made to look worn and old. I used todo that to all my trains to make things more realistic.

#13 logan5

logan5

Hakker addict

• 534 posts

Posted 09 June 2003 - 04:32 PM

Yeah, everything there is stuff that I have done, inlcuding the railroad stuff. I used to have a decent sized HO scale layout, but that was many years ago. When I moved here 10 years ago, I sold most of my HO stuff and went into N scale, mainly out of lack of space. I still have most of the HO stuff that I painted and detailed. There's way too much time and love invested to part with them. I gave up on the hobby several years ago for a variety of reasons, mainly time and lack of space.

I'm a big time railroad and rail history buff myself. Have been ever since I was a kid. So much, in fact, that about 9 years of my life have been spent working with big full-size trains. I started out volunteering on a little tourist line in Southern New York State as a brakeman, and almost got qualified there as an engineer running their old Alco RS-1s. But I had hired out as a train dispatcher with the New York, Susquehanna & Western Railway and there were too many Hours Of Service conflicts for me to stay with the tourist line. I was with the NYS&W for a year, when I got hired by Conrail to dispacth for them. I was with Conrail for 7 years, but left shortly after the merger with CSX cuz things were getting way too fucked up and stressful. Working for the railroad just about killed my love for it. Only now, 3 years after leaving, am I getting the bug back.

Most of the railroad models I have left still hold some sentimental value as they are models of engines I have ridden on and/or operated. The NYS&W SD-45 on my site was the trailing unit on my first road trip working for that line, when we whacked a tractor trailer at a crossing in Patterson, NJ. I had also done a model of the lead unit I was riding when we hit the truck (a CP Rail SD40-2, #5678) but have since sold it cuz I got offered $200 for it and I needed the money. But I still have a reflector from the truck we hit that I pulled from the front of the locomotive, someplace in my boxes of crap.

I have some pretty cool little N scale buldings that I scratchbuilt, and will eventually add them to the site.

#14 sl1pm0de

sl1pm0de

Gibson Hacker

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 10 June 2003 - 05:06 PM

Yeah I do not know what it is about the railroad but it definetally is something that catches my mind.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!