• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 phax

phax

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 31 May 2003 - 09:42 PM

:blush: Well today my local Home Depot had a sale today. plus I had a 50 gift card.

So I pick up the tone tracer and probe both for only 50 bucks. I thought it was a great deal.. Now I'm trying to figure out what could I use this for to help me learn more about the phone sys. I remember read in a phile awhile back about how this is a handy phr33k tool. But it didn't say what it's good for or how to use it. Can any geeks here give me a jump start and using this tool. I know they R both use together but how and for what

:pissright: :puke:

#2 dual

dual

BinRev veteran

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 01 June 2003 - 08:54 AM

Hook the tone generator into your TNI and then walk around to your phone jacks with the inductive amplifier. That'll explain everything.

#3 anovak

anovak

I broke 10 posts and all I got was this lousy title!

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 June 2003 - 08:20 PM

:blush: Well today my local Home Depot had a sale today.  plus I had a 50 gift card.

So I pick up the tone tracer and probe both for only 50 bucks.   I thought it was a great deal..  Now I'm trying to figure out what could I use this for to help me learn more about the phone sys.   I remember read in a phile awhile back about how this is a handy phr33k tool.  But it didn't say what it's good for or how to use it.  Can any geeks here give me a jump start and using this tool.  I know they R both use together but how and for what

:pissright: :puke:

Take it back, its worthless.

#4 HoppingGoblin

HoppingGoblin

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 June 2003 - 09:00 PM

Well, if there's a specific line you want to box off of, hook the tone generator up into your target's TNI, then take the probe to the nearest cross box and start probing until you hear the "warble" sounds, that'll be the line to the house. Unfortunately it'll probably be riskier to box from the x-box (they're mostly out in the open).

#5 phax

phax

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 07 June 2003 - 11:14 AM

Well, since the tools didn't cost me anything but the gift card I keep never know when they will come handy and I found big green box near the park in my house late night mission impossible task. Plus, Home Depot will only make me trade it for some other merchandise which I don't won't ^_^

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!