- - - - -

Bell???

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 GUEST_Spaz_***

GUEST_Spaz_***
  • Guests

Posted 31 May 2003 - 03:10 PM

Well like many phreaks I overheard other phreaks talking but as I was getting up to go they said something about moding a standard bell caller id to create a ghost (or a caller id and ani spoofer)... well alls my question is... has anyone heard anything like this.... i went to google but no luck

spaz :grr:

#2 W1nt3rmut3

W1nt3rmut3

Phreak Scout

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 321 posts

Posted 31 May 2003 - 05:16 PM

well, i believe this to be an impossible device. you cant spoof your ani, since it comes from the CO. you can spoof caller id, but your timing must be right, since that also comes from the CO. if you listen beteween the 1st and 2nd ring, you can hear the CID being sent. if you were to send a CID string after it, and the other person had CID 2, aka CID with call waiting, then you could fool them, but you would have to do it enough to erase your real CID. there is software that does this, my fav is S.O.B from http://www.artofhacking.com

good luck.

#3 GUEST_Spaz_***

GUEST_Spaz_***
  • Guests

Posted 01 June 2003 - 10:32 AM

Well i found it funny that they were talking loud enough that they could be over heard... well that sound like a plan thx for the link, ive also read mabe 2 articles about this in 2600, any one else read it?

#4 Captain B

Captain B

SUP3R 31337

• Banned
  • 158 posts

Posted 02 June 2003 - 01:42 PM

Yeah, Lucky225 covered that as far back as the winter 99-2k issue of 2.6k (2600) magazine. It's called an orange box. And, in my case, even if I had one, it still wouldn't help, since nobody I know has both CID and Call Waiting services.

#5 W1nt3rmut3

W1nt3rmut3

Phreak Scout

• 321 posts

Posted 02 June 2003 - 05:39 PM

its not like that. the box itself has to be CID II. i tried it, and it works wonderfully. what the box does differently is always listen for a CID string, unlike CID I.

#6 Captain B

Captain B

SUP3R 31337

• Banned
  • 158 posts

Posted 04 June 2003 - 12:47 PM

Umm... Didn't you mean to say ANI II. Becuase, until now, I've never heard a sould say "CID II". Either way, regardless of what you call it, I've yet to hear anything about ANI II or CID II boxes being commercially availible in stores. Also, why would the spoofing proceedure be any different regardless of whether It's CID I or II. Are you telling me the orange box wouldn't be used for CID II, perhaps? If not, then why? At any rate, I still think you may have meant to say ANI II rather than CID II. And, yes, there IS a difference between ANI and CID. In fact, my partner in crime, ic0n, is in the process of doing a file that covers just that. Although, I think Lucky225 may have also covered that to some extent in the Spring '03 issue of 2.6k (2600) magazine. One thing I remember him saying was something like, spoofing CID is possible, but not spoofing ANI. That would be true. Don't forget, although sometimes we call it ANI for CID, It's Caller ID that shows up on a CID unit, not ANI. I know, I know, I sure made this one confusing mess of a post didn't I? Oh well. 2 L8 now, I guess. Heh, heh. :lol:

#7 ntheory

ntheory

data pillager

• 1,757 posts

Posted 04 June 2003 - 05:11 PM

I think mut3 is talking about CWCID (call waiting caller ID). Basically a box that is CWCID capable has two different methods of accepting caller ID. The first is the usual waiting for data between the first and second rings. The second is more elaborate...

The second involves the CO sending a tone down your line that the CWCID box recognizes. It sends a response tone to the CO while muting the earpiece for the called party. The CO sees the response tone, knows that a CWCID box is on the line, and then sends the CID info (while the CWCID box is still muting the phone). Of course this refers to phones with integrated CWCID. Ideally you'll only hear a split second of this one tone, some silence, and then CID info will magically appear on your phone.

There are a couple of complexities involved with CWCID in this form (how long should it mute if the CID info is garbled, how long should the tone be present for it to detect it, etc). It's all really well documented in a few PDFs online. I was reading them a few months back while contemplating writing my own orange box software before I found out about SPOOB. If anyone wants them I'll dig them all up.

If I've messed up any important details then just flame away. :P

#8 Captain B

Captain B

SUP3R 31337

• Banned
  • 158 posts

Posted 05 June 2003 - 12:15 PM

I think you're right on all that, but I think mut3 was incorrect in calling that a CID II box. I've always only heard it called a CID unit with CW capability, or something more to that effect. But, I realize I'm nitpicking needlessly here, so I'll just drop it. Besides, I'll be the first to admit that I'm not purrfektt eetherr. YIKES! See what I mean, d00d? Heh, heh.

#9 GUEST_Spaz_***

GUEST_Spaz_***
  • Guests

Posted 06 June 2003 - 11:01 AM

Well im gonna go off on this again... i heard YET ANOTHERTIME that its possible to spoof an ANI, my friend Toxic has an older brother that kind of like a solo player at this stuff and well i was talking to him and he said he was talking to a person on this forum (not this on i think it was eather anti online or phone losers... i dont think its phone losers though because I havent seen it their) and he said the dude read a few text files about spoofing an ANI... now eather someones not saying something or hes full of Crok

Spaz :grr:

#10 W1nt3rmut3

W1nt3rmut3

Phreak Scout

• 321 posts

Posted 06 June 2003 - 11:06 AM

ok, you can spoof either, but i didnt say it was easy. CID is with the software i talked about in an earlier post, but ANI is a tad harder, b/c you havr to op divert or use similar tactics to get your ANI lost in the shuffle.

#11 Captain B

Captain B

SUP3R 31337

• Banned
  • 158 posts

Posted 10 June 2003 - 12:43 PM

When you op-divert, you pass along NPA (Area Code) as the ANI only. Or, sometimes, area code +000-0000 as the number. I consider this more to be a form of "blocking" rather than true spoofing, which can only be done CID, not ANI. ANI is built into switches. (Or, should I say, built into the SS7 network that controls the switching and handling of calls on the PSTN (Public Switched Telephone Network). And, that's why true "spoofing" can only be done with CID, not ANI. You see, with spoofing, you're actually sending the CID info to the person's CPE (Customer Premise Equipment), or in other words, the CID unit. Yeah, granted, it still goes through the CO equipment, en route to the person's phone line/equipment (CID unit), but It's still NOT THE SAME as op-diverting with ANI. ANI and CID are 2 different things. Both involve the passing of a person phone number info, but the similarities end there. CID and ANI is a common source of confusion, but It's important to understand the difference between the 2.

#12 Spaz101

Spaz101

Spaz is lame...

• Members
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 10 June 2003 - 10:21 PM

Sorry guys i went ad did my reading like i was supost to and found a bit on ANIs.... i would like to thank you all for hammering it into my head :)

Spaz :grr: :rock: <<< look its eddie from iron maiden

#13 Captain B

Captain B

SUP3R 31337

• Banned
  • 158 posts

Posted 11 June 2003 - 02:09 PM

That proves 2 VERY important things: There's nothing more helpful (or, should I say essential) than researching via books (and on-line info material) and doing as much hands-on as humanly possible. But, of course, electronics can be a pretty expensive hobby, and as a result, I can relate if a person can't always buy all the necessary electronic equipment to be able to do things you couldn't otherwise do without it. Like line testers, lineman's handsets (or a good 1 piece phone), wire strippers/cutters, modular line cord and handset cord plugs, phone station wire, and much more. It's no wonder many of us end up spending so much time and money at Radio Shax0r. (Or, other privately owned electronic stores, whenever and wherever you can find 'em).

#14 Spaz101

Spaz101

Spaz is lame...

• Members
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 11 June 2003 - 04:42 PM

Well me personaly havent spent that much at radio shack, most of my stuf i got was handed down or made from leftovers (i still gto like 5 fones in my room i can tear appart) and went trashing for, so thankfully igot a father and friends that like the topic

#15 Captain B

Captain B

SUP3R 31337

• Banned
  • 158 posts

Posted 18 June 2003 - 01:52 PM

Kewlness. Yeah, any way you can come by your stuff, as long as you get it, I suppose. I myself don't know of anyone who can hook me up like that, unfortunately.

#16 Spaz101

Spaz101

Spaz is lame...

• Members
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 19 June 2003 - 11:09 AM

youe i got a office fone ya know with all the lines.. and i was looking at that trying to figure out what i could do to it... anyone wanna give it a shot

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!