RFA 65

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 nick84

nick84

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 30 May 2003 - 01:43 PM

Just thought I would post up the direct link to the Palm phone numbers document:
http://www.usa.att.c...s/downloads.jsp

#2 nick84

nick84

• 1,680 posts

Posted 30 May 2003 - 02:23 PM

About the licensing things etc with Windows server mentioned on the show, I have installed 120 trial editions of Windows 2000 server before and had similar dialogue boxes. It was my understanding it is for the number of client computers that connect to the server. Ie you enter the number that you can legally use and it will ensure that no more can connect to the active directory server etc therefore making sure you don’t break the law (just as a visual indicator for the network administrator).

#3 vooduHAL

vooduHAL

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• 415 posts

Posted 31 May 2003 - 12:54 AM

Yeah, I've had to admin boxes from NT 4.0 -> 2000 Server and all MS Server versions require you to select the number of seats based on usage. If I remember correctly 4.0 and 2000 offer two different licensing schemes. Once is per server and the other per seat.

#4 Zapperlink

Zapperlink

"I Hack, therefore, I am"

• 951 posts

Posted 01 June 2003 - 05:31 PM

lalala I personally think microsoft nor any law should mandate how many can connect in a demo issue or a full issue. Lets say I want to demo this 2000 server for my 8,000+ network.... where am I stuck now. Personally If I were to test something I would like to test its full "potential" on my network and system before I went and made a investment decision..

:ATTN: Proudly using the Right of Free Speech :ATTN:

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!