• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 StankDawg

StankDawg

same old Dawg, no new tricks

• Moderating Team
  • 8,073 posts

Posted 28 May 2003 - 03:42 PM

I have seen a good lockpicking segment from a user who will remain secret until we release it. I also have some ideas for recording interactive sessions for "how-to" segments.

What would be some good "how-to" segments to do? What would be fun to display on video?

Also, what other segments would be fun/funny? for example: I heard that COMPUSA sometimes uses the MACs that are on display to offer wireless access. I thought of getting into a COMPUSA and possibly changing the SSID to "DDP wuz here" or somethign like that and videotaping from the parking lot as you connect to the newly tagged network.

Some phone tricks might be good...

anyone want to post some ideas? Maybe other people can enact these ideas.

#2 hacnslash

hacnslash

Banisher of n00bs

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 2,454 posts

Posted 28 May 2003 - 04:05 PM

well, I really think it would be awesome if someone would do a basic phreaking tutorial, maybe use a beigebox, basic stuff like that, it would be great for all the wannabe phreaks out there (myself included). Also if someone could get social engineering on tape it would kick ass, I think that social engineering is a very visual skill, you have to know ppl expressions on their face, and how to react, it would be a very interesting segment, altho taping it would be kinda hard..but a good way is to have a buddy come with you to like a circuit city or any store that has a video camera department, and ask the friend to shoot from there, while you can be engineering at will in another part of the store, that has of course a good view from the camera department........just my 2 cents worth.

#3 twirlz

twirlz

Default Custom Title

• 1,200 posts

Posted 28 May 2003 - 04:34 PM

basic phreaking would be very cool... building/modding a tone dialer. making a beige box. or maybe like a presentation of how the phone system works!

#4 hacnslash

hacnslash

Banisher of n00bs

• 2,454 posts

Posted 28 May 2003 - 06:37 PM

even tho most of us have gone dumpster diving I would really like it if it was caught on tape, it would kick ass if someone would like take their camera in the dumpster and maybe shot around (if available with the night vision function). It would be awesome.

#5 MIG

MIG

DDP Fan club member

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 21 July 2003 - 03:37 AM

I like the basic phreaking idea. I am new to it and don't know which ones still work and would like to see some real work application. An even cooler idea would be video taping social engineering .. like maybe the coke guy :)

#6 feend

feend

microphone commander

• Members
  • 497 posts

Posted 21 July 2003 - 04:33 AM

If you decide to do some miscellaneous stuff like sean kennedy does (ex: interviewing the raelians), how about some urban exploration? I for one would like to know where dual was during the filming of the flash box :).

#7 psychopuppy

psychopuppy

Hakker addict

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 21 July 2003 - 01:35 PM

urban exploration would be awesome. also, i like the basic phreaking idea.

#8 brookst

brookst

I broke 10 posts and all I got was this lousy title!

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 July 2003 - 03:03 PM

From the sounds of it, basic phreaking would be an incredible learning experience for many of us. I'm one to admit that I'm clueless about it, but I have an interest.

#9 Y0ungBra1n

Y0ungBra1n

The floor is made of lava!

• 1,239 posts

Posted 21 July 2003 - 09:04 PM

basic phreaking would be great, and that cam idea was awesome, show the noobs how its done :D :D

#10 phreakblaze

phreakblaze

...and would you belive they let me play with 30TB!!!

• Members
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 22 July 2003 - 09:34 AM

YoungB, you could go to that big white box and look around and get it on tape. That would be good.

#11 Glooko

Glooko

Gibson Hacker

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 26 July 2003 - 07:21 PM

Just voicing my opinion on this. I really REALLY would like to see some basic phreaking and what is still working and what does not anymore. I've always been interested in phreaking but never really could get into it because the diagrams for building a "X" color box confused me. If someone would show use how it is done in video it would really open up more people to the phreaking experiance. Show different methods of how to make a box with different parts then with only one part which people will have to search for only that part.

I think the videos will give people more ideas and also expand on thier hacking knowledge. I've done some urban exploring (UE) on my own and would like to see that as well. I actually recorded a few of my UE's which I am in the process of finding out which ones to send into DDP HACK TV. I love the HOW-TO idea. I love to see people hack around and make something out of what they have then to go out and shell coin for some half bake corperate wanting owning your money item when you can make it better.

*Edit note*

If something does not make sense well it's because I'm tired when I was typing before.

*END note*

Glooko

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!