• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 unity

unity

Ten Ten Three Two Three

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 27 May 2003 - 04:36 PM

Is it a bad idea to beige box off of telco lines? Like, for example, a payphone line or a line from a telco office?

Oh, and does anyone know if those old Nortel Centurions still use ACTS up in Canada? Becuase I was wondering if the ACTS operator can be red boxed, or if some method other than tones is used. This is off the Centurion phones, by the way.

#2 dual

dual

BinRev veteran

• 1,196 posts

Posted 28 May 2003 - 07:03 AM

Boxing around switches probably isn't a good idea - people who know what the green boxes are working 24/7, cameras, lighting, etc. I'd avoid cracking pay phones, too. If you're going to crack one anyway, be prepared. You need a tamper wrench (an allen wrench w/ a hole in the center - I can't remember the size), a beige box or test set w/ bed of nails clips (preferably a test set - easier to talk your way out of stuff), and a nice, secluded COCOT.

#3 lokey

lokey

Gibson Hacker

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 28 May 2003 - 11:34 AM

i haven't tried it, but from what i 've read it is still possible to redbox centurions. the reason for this is(i think) that the milleniums have technology to detect calls built in and centurions don't , acts is still active but for milenniums it is not used . anyways for more coherent info try www.nettwerked.net or www.hackcanada.com

#4 twirlz

twirlz

Default Custom Title

• 1,200 posts

Posted 28 May 2003 - 12:13 PM

I'd avoid cracking pay phones, too. If you're going to crack one anyway, be prepared. You need a tamper wrench (an allen wrench w/ a hole in the center - I can't remember the size),

i found an open one!!! here's the story... i just recently got comcast digital phone service, and i was scanning one day and i noticed after an error msg that i didn't hear a click. So i stayed on the line to get a dial tone again! to test i dialed my number and i got my vm of course. Then i was thinking that this was not around anymore. but i thought i would test it out on a pay phone to see if it would work. so i go up to my local gas station pay phone and i start to dial an 800 number to see if it would work. i press 1800 and i notice that the face of the payphone is moving. So i then just push the phone itself... and it still moved so i grab the sides of it to find that the whole face of the fone came off. First i got scared and put it back... but then i thought i could get some pics of this, because i've never seen any pics from inside of a payphone. So the next day i brought my digi cam up there and snapped 5 pics of the inside... then i noticed they weren't very good so then i went back that night and took the whole face off the phone took some pretty good pics from the inside of the face.

here's the pics from the day time pics
payphone pics

sorry for the size of the pics. if anyone can help make them smaller plz pm me
also sorry for the huge lack of bandwidth to my site
Thanx

#5 Dox

Dox

Hakker addict

• Members
  • 537 posts

Posted 28 May 2003 - 12:30 PM

interesting pics, that must be a good camera

#6 twirlz

twirlz

Default Custom Title

• 1,200 posts

Posted 28 May 2003 - 12:31 PM

3 megapixles got it for christmas!! :)
i need to learn how to make them smaller

#7 dual

dual

BinRev veteran

• 1,196 posts

Posted 29 May 2003 - 12:27 AM

What a find! When I say crack a pay phone, I mean take the face plate off the pedestal. Having the whole front of phone pop off? Now that's convenient!

#8 unity

unity

Ten Ten Three Two Three

• 1,236 posts

Posted 05 June 2003 - 09:39 AM

Yeah. I was under the impression that you could still redbox ACTS on Centurions.

#9 Captain B

Captain B

SUP3R 31337

• Banned
  • 158 posts

Posted 05 June 2003 - 11:50 AM

Personally, I think beige boxing off a payphone can be better than beiging off a residential or business landline. At least, if It's a COCOT, anywayz, since bypassing a COCOT bypasses the inside billing from the computer inside the COCOT. Otherwise, you'd have to find a way to simulate the ground start used in standard fortress (Non-COCOT) payphones. (Which, I've tried unsuccessfully). In the flick "War Games", they sure made grounding a payphone look easy. But, I'll admit, when I was trying to ground the payphone I was connected up to, I was trying to ground it from the screw terminals in the base of the phone booth, not from handset cord, which I think is what they did in the movie. On a related note, you can ground you home phone line by running a wire from the tip (green) to your cold water pipe. (Actually, it can be either the hot or cold water pipe, but I think for some reason the phone and cable companies seem to always go with grounding on the cold water pipe. I know this works because I've tried it. There'll be a hell of a lot of buzz on your line while you're doing this, so good luck hearing over that noise on the line. But, you can dial calls just like normal. Whether the person on the other end will be able to hear you over the line buzz, I don't know. Anywayz, all this talk about "water pipes" and "buzz" is starting to make me wish it was 4:20 right now. Heh, heh. :lol:

#10 ic0n

ic0n

Fear teh phone!

• 1,213 posts

Posted 05 June 2003 - 10:24 PM

all this talk about "water pipes" and "buzz" is starting to make me wish it was 4:20 right now. Heh, heh.

heh it's always 4:20 somewhere :P

#11 Captain B

Captain B

SUP3R 31337

• Banned
  • 158 posts

Posted 10 June 2003 - 01:26 PM

Heh, heh. I wanted to see if I could get either you, or someone else to add that. It's even kewler knowing it was you. :lol:

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!