• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 StankDawg

StankDawg

same old Dawg, no new tricks

• Moderating Team
  • 8,073 posts

Posted 25 October 2002 - 09:30 AM

I am planning to taking my video camera to the post office and showing off the vending machine I discussed. Any segemnt like this can be easy to film and short enough to be included. only 2 or 3 minutes to explain why it is kool, what might be done with it, little stuff like that.

Also, if you are able to get to retail hacking interests (like the registry kiosks, or stuff like that) by all means send them in! I will try to take the video camera in to Wally World (Wal-Mart) and Target if I can get away with it, but something tells me they won't like that much.

Dumpster diving segments would be AWESOME! They would be edited to show the "sneaking" and "diving" then a scan of what kool stuff was found. Pretty much anyone can do this!

I also want some humor sketches as long as they relate to hacking/technology/etc. Some funny social engineering sketches would be great! Live phone calls (not pranks) with video might be funny also. to reiterate what Dual and I have been saying, NO JACKASS style submissions (unless someone wants to film themselves beating the living crap out of an old computer they want to destroy! ;) ) .

Finally, the core DDP members will try to pick a specific topic for the major segment of the show each episode. I envisions this being the overall "theme" of each episode. Like a "tracking people on the internet" episode with a large segment (10-15 minutes)about how to find people and 411 about those people on the net (which Nick says I have a "knack" of doing). All of the other segments of that episode would be loosely related to the overall topic.

Finally, please start filming ASAP. I will post my address for those of you who don't have it very soon. Send me anything you have from VHS tapes to MicroDAT to actual AVI/MPEG files (which is the easiest for me of course).

#2 StankDawg

StankDawg

same old Dawg, no new tricks

• Moderating Team
  • 8,073 posts

Posted 25 October 2002 - 09:44 AM

one quick follow-up...

Please try not to distribute the videos before we get them into the show. :huh: I know that sounds pretty stupid, but if the videos get passed around and/or posted, then it will be no fun to watch.

Also, in case I didn't mention it (because it goes without saying) EVERYONE WILL RECEIVE CREDIT ON THEIR SUBMISSIONS! I don't know whether to do it at the end of the show, or during each segment (I think the end would be better) but YOU WILL HAVE YOUR NAME/NICK INCLUDED!

One other concern that people may have is their face or other personal stuff on the show. Just because I am willing to be on camera, doesn't mean everyone else is. I just realized that not everyone wants to be or *CAN* be associated with the subject matter. So, if you want to film, try over the shoulder angles, or simple "behind" the camera angles. If there is something specific in the video that you want me to edit, MAKE SURE THAT YOU TELL ME, I will not "out" you on the show against your will.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!