8 replies to this topic

#1 phax

phax

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 27 May 2003 - 02:53 PM

:help: Man, today I think I really bummed out. My SEing are not that good
but I start off on the right foot I think. I tried callling up AT&T customer service thinking that I could talk them in to giving me the CN/A number for a number I had. Everything was going smooth until the lady didn't understand what was a CN/A. So I told her I, then was put on hold for a minute .
Then she came back saying she can't give that info over the phone. Asking for my conformation number, so I told her my supervisor was getting it now and then ask for my employee id which I thought was a 3-digit number guess it wasn't cause she reply that's all.

Until then I didn't know what a CN/A was now I know I thought it was a number to some CO. How could I SE telco ppl into giving me useful numbers. My local state providers are SWBell, Chariton Valley Telephone corp. Choctaw Telephone Co., Fidelity Communications, Green Hills Telephone Corp. , Le-Ru Telephone Company so I thought I could practice
SEing with AT&T. But what are some useful numbers that I could try to gain for a customer Service rep :jawa:

#2 dual

dual

BinRev veteran

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 28 May 2003 - 07:16 AM

At first, don't focus too much on getting "special" numbers. Just try to get general operating and infrastructure info from your respective telco. I've been having lots of luck lately calling Customer Service and feigning interest in adding new features. Be real nice and chatty and get them to read off some of the acronyms and numbers on their screen. And no, a lot of people you'll talk to won't know what stuff means.

Once you're more familiar with their system, then you can move to any target you want.

#3 phax

phax

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 28 May 2003 - 08:20 AM

thanxs, dual that really helps. It makes sense to know thou system
before trying to go deeper into it guts Hehe.........B)

One question thou what type of questions to ask about general operating and infrasture info would I be wanting that would be helpful in my qwest.
thanxs, in advance :pirate:

#4 Spaz101

Spaz101

Spaz is lame...

• Members
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 11 June 2003 - 11:59 AM

Just like i told you in a different one of you seing posts just message me if you wanted some of my old tricks

Spaz :grr:

#5 ic0n

ic0n

Fear teh phone!

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 1,213 posts

Posted 19 June 2003 - 09:52 PM

I always thought this way when i SE telco or whatever.

You just need to tell them what they want to hear... remain calm and be nice as long as you do that you should be able to get more info.

It also helps if you have a deeper voice so that they will think your actully a lineman.

#6 White_Raven

White_Raven

That's so raven!

• Banned
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 19 June 2003 - 10:37 PM

and act stupid in the sence that they belive they are smarter then you; when on a ego trip people are easyer to munipulate and it also serves to make them belive you are not a threat, and thus will not be on there guard.

#7 Spaz101

Spaz101

Spaz is lame...

• Members
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 20 June 2003 - 11:46 AM

wow raven i always acted smart just so they think im a linemen... well yours ha more point behind it though... ill try that next... well i got my local central offices number and i still yet to play with it... do any of you know what kind of info i can get with it

#8 White_Raven

White_Raven

That's so raven!

• Banned
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 20 June 2003 - 04:24 PM

Acting smart is a good thing, after all you need the smarts to get through the training they give you; however acting TOO smart will make them belive you belive you are better then them.. its a balence you need to keep, doing so lets them know your smart enough to work for them, but dumb enough to not be a threat to them.

#9 Spaz101

Spaz101

Spaz is lame...

• Members
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 21 June 2003 - 10:14 PM

well you do have a point... but out of all phreaking topics (withought tools) i thing seing is eather my strongest and fav heh i wonder if you can call that bible line and se them to believ you are god now thats a golstine trick no ones like him... does anyone have a recording of h2k when emmanuel goldstine in front of everyone... my dad saw that and im kiking him because i didnt go

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!