• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Captain B

Captain B

SUP3R 31337

• Banned
  • 158 posts

Posted 27 May 2003 - 02:10 PM

Exit light... enter night... take my hand... off to never-neverland. Heh, heh.
Hey now, hey now! Wuz up again, pH3110vv pHr33k4z0iDz? I'm finally registered at last. So, you should now being seeing more of me here. I've just revised my 2 most recent files. (Yeah, yeah, I know I'm always revisising my shiz-nit). The revisions are pretty slight, but maybe you might wanna check them out again. BTW, just to let it be known, I actually don't care if anyone copy/pastes my files from anywhere to anywhere else. Even if It's to be put on another web site. Just as long as the "by" line Isn't altered or deleted, so I'm given fair credit for my work, and also as long as the info in my files Isn't altered. Correcting any typos is fine by me though. And, to follow up something from earlier, It's strange, but Home Depot actually seems to carry more of the professional grade telecom equipment than Rat Shack. Including inductive line tracers, lineman handsets, better grade ratcheting crimpers, Cat 5e indoor and also indoor/outdoor phone wire, and more. And, yeeah, to answer something that was said, everything you heard about me is true, no matter how weird it may be. Mwa, ha, ha! Don't forget the "B" in Captain B stands for Bizarro. Heh, heh. And, if you're wondering, I was going by this handle since '95 on a short lived and craptacular, (yet still fun) network called X Band. Which, was a modem of sorts for the SNES and Genesis game systems back in da day. If you do a Google search, you can find out more if you're interested. Don't put a space between the letter "X" and "band" or Google will think you mean you're looking for Gen X music bands. Anywayz, da next phile I wite may be something I've been keep on the down low for a bit now about my local telco's "Expanded Announcement System". But, I'm still not sure if I'll do this as the next file, and if so, how much 4-1-1 I'll disclose. In the meantime, this is the Captain saying Peace out, my brothers!

#2 phax

phax

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 27 May 2003 - 02:36 PM

B) Looking forward to reading your files CB:)

#3 hacnslash

hacnslash

Banisher of n00bs

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 2,454 posts

Posted 27 May 2003 - 02:48 PM

welcome to the board....
metallica whoo Posted Image

#4 StankDawg

StankDawg

same old Dawg, no new tricks

• Moderating Team
  • 8,064 posts

Posted 27 May 2003 - 03:15 PM

Exit light... enter night... take my hand... off to never-neverland. Heh, heh.

Oh no...I smell a lawsuit... :D

Now metallica will be sniffing their tired asses around here looking to shut us down. :ninja:

j/k...welcome aboard! You might consider submitting a new article to binrev #2 which will be released in a couple of months. I know I would love to see it!

#5 Captain B

Captain B

SUP3R 31337

• Banned
  • 158 posts

Posted 29 May 2003 - 01:29 PM

ACK! Oh noo! I've now been labeled a "t0taL n00b". Heh, heh. Oh well. Like I always say, It's all goo. (Yes, that was supposed to be spelled g-o-o, not the word "good"). Anywayz, It's strange how I first wound up hearing Metalica. Through the now defunct wrestling promotion ECW. (Extreme Championship Wrestling). Or, "E-C F'n W" as some of the fans used to call it. :rockon:

Hopefully, we've got a pHr33k4z0iD or 3 here that has heard of them. Otherwise, I can sense the BSOD (Blank Stare Of Death) coming my way now. Heh, heh. Well, time 2 goo. Long live the power of 666 :devil:
Peace out, mi amigos. :yoink:

#6 StankDawg

StankDawg

• Moderating Team
  • 8,064 posts

Posted 29 May 2003 - 01:33 PM

I know ECW. Home of the infamous DUDLEY BOYZ! :)

#7 Captain B

Captain B

SUP3R 31337

• Banned
  • 158 posts

Posted 29 May 2003 - 01:36 PM

[QUOTE] You might consider submitting a new article to binrev #2 which will be released in a couple of months. [QUOTE]

I may do just that. http://www.summeroflove.com/
http://www.gratefuldead.com/ :rockon:

#8 Captain B

Captain B

SUP3R 31337

• Banned
  • 158 posts

Posted 29 May 2003 - 01:39 PM

Ahh, I see someone is also here the same time as I am right now. Wuz up, SD? Glad 2 see I'm not the only one who remembers ECW, d00d. But then, It's no wonder I heard of them, since they used to be based out of this God forsaken "town" I'm stuck in.

#9 StankDawg

StankDawg

• Moderating Team
  • 8,064 posts

Posted 29 May 2003 - 04:33 PM

i check in a couple of times per day. I also got your emails...i have to do some reading! ;)

#10 GUEST_Guest_***

GUEST_Guest_***
  • Guests

Posted 30 May 2003 - 12:55 PM

Well, by now, I'm sure you'll notice that those files I sent you are nothing new, but unlike how 2600 mag says something about "You can't submit articles to us that's been previously printed or posted elesewhere", or something like that, I don't agree with that sort of control freak line of thinking. Also, I mention this because I took notice that BinRev has the same detestable policy. I mean, I don't know about you, but I look at it more like this: If I ran my own mag or zine, I wouldn't put that kind of restiction on anyone, since it REALLY can limit people and things too much, and is just basically unfair. I think 2600's line of thinking on that is that they don't want readers complaining that It's something they read elsewhere. But, what I'd say to such people is: "Hey, is it MY fault that you read it elsewhere first? You could've been reading it here first, but you didn't. That's not my fault". I don't know. That's just the way I see it. Anywayz, I'm betting that since all the shhtuff I'd like to send you is files that have already seen print elsewhere in cyberspace, you're probably not as interested. But, having recently finished touching up 2 of my latest files, I'm now in a state of lull again anywayz. But, what I mean is, I'll also start sending you some of my shhtuff when I write another file. I meant to be sending you these files of mine as I created them originally, but I don't always remember everyone when sending them out. At any rate, hopefully you'll say It's all good as far as all of this goes. Peace out for now, d00d. L8r oN.

#11 Captain B

Captain B

SUP3R 31337

• Banned
  • 158 posts

Posted 30 May 2003 - 01:00 PM

ARGH! That "Guest" was me, in case you couldn't tell. (Could've swore I logged in. I dunno anymore). :pissed:

#12 StankDawg

StankDawg

• Moderating Team
  • 8,064 posts

Posted 30 May 2003 - 02:51 PM

I definately enjoy reading them. AS far at that policy of new material, it is just that if we print all "used" stuff no would would be interested in buying the magazine. I think it is a shame that 2600 is the only option out there for printed material on hacking. MY vision for binrev was a printed magazine that is more technical than 2600 but with visual appeal and panache. IMHO, that is not completely possible online.

I understand that several people feel the same as you and I respect that. That is why we still support online zines like radical future, outbreak, preakazoid, etc... We not only write for them, but we also pimp them at every opportunity. But if the articles were all repeats of articles that have already been in circulation, would anyone bother to tune in, read and support these zines? Week 1, you see it in 2600, then next month in phreakazoid, then the next week on RF and outbreak at the same time... Then when we want to use it at binrev, who wants to see/read it again at that point? Take a look at all of the successfull zines (printed or online). Very few of them reprint material.

Please understand that we only ask that we be allowed to "unveil" the new material, thats all. After that, by all means share it everywhere! But all articles have to be new to some outlet at some time. Whether it be online, web page, or printed in a magazine. We just ask that some people start with us. Hell, after 2600 prints our stuff, we post it here at DDP for all to read! And we encourage people to spread it around or reprint it.

So, i understand your feelings, and hope that you continue to post your articles here in the forums, and we will post them in oldskoolphreak.com and as many places as we can. You write great stuff. But I hope you understand my point of view as well.

#13 Captain B

Captain B

SUP3R 31337

• Banned
  • 158 posts

Posted 02 June 2003 - 01:18 PM

I understand what you're saying, but the way I see it, my files don't (and shouldn't) belong to any one singular web page, zine, or printed material. It belongs to all of them, collectively. I refuse to limit myself like that, even if it is only for a month or 2. Besides, I've gotta admit the truth, I'm also looking for my fair share of notoriety. I want people to recognize the handle Captain B. And, I can't see that happening unless I get my name out there more. And, the only way that can happen is if as many sites, mags, etc. host my files. Becuase, I know at this point, even after being involved with phreaking over the past 7 years, nobody really even knows my name when they hear it. I've gone on conf bridges like PLA, and other places, and very few, at best, have heard of me. It's time for that to change. And, I don't mean by next month, or next week, or even tomorrow. I mean NOW! Besides, I didn't mean any zine or mag should have only old files and articles, but I don't think one should limit oneself to printing/posting ONLY brand new stuff all the time. Let me put it this way, at phreakazoid zine, we don't care if It's new or old for your file or other stuff, just as long as it is in fact, your file. Either that, or as long as you have complete permission from whoever wrote the file or other thing. We're not about to limit ourselves like that. The nature of information is free, and should rightwise be so. So should the exchange of information, with as little restrictions as humanly possible. Otherwise, too many overbearing, unnecessary restictions will only serve to get in the way of freely exchanging info. With our policy, I think It's safe to that we at phreakazoidz have made it as simplistic as it can (and should) be.

#14 Mr Poop

Mr Poop

SUP3R 31337 P1MP

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 18 June 2003 - 08:02 PM

I didn't get to watch ECW until it was on TNN.
It was not the national network as it is now, I'm talking about back when it was the nashville network. It had a run for about a good six months before WWF programming started showing on it.

I'm more of a fan of NWA:TNA now more than anything.

#15 Captain B

Captain B

SUP3R 31337

• Banned
  • 158 posts

Posted 20 June 2003 - 11:14 AM

Some still didn't even get to watch it then. Including yours truly. I was watching the local channel broadcasts every Fri. night. I know that you know what I mean. It's a shame how good things sometimes go the way of the dino, like ECW did, huh?

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!