Photo
- - - - -

My wonderfly little storie about the Millennium.

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#21 smes

smes

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 07:41 PM

She asked me how I was billing it, and I said that I was going to put in thirty-five cents. So, I put my money in, and she put the call through.

View Post

Local calls are 35c from coin phones in Canada? Sweet. They are 50c in FSH (Qwest) Territory.

View Post

In Commie BC they are only 25c.

#22 theurgy

theurgy

I broke 10 posts and all I got was this lousy title!

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 July 2006 - 06:38 PM

Anyways... hello fellow Canucks...
Anyone tried something like this with the CoinOp Desktop version like the ones you find in certain airports?
It has a coin return....

#23 unity

unity

Ten Ten Three Two Three

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 07:57 AM

I'm not familier with that particular phone. And hello. :)

#24 ThoughtPhreaker

ThoughtPhreaker

DDP r0x0rz my s0x0rz

• Members
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 09:20 PM

Although we have some Millenniums in EmbarqLand, they are rather elusive. If I ever get a chance to meet another face to face, I'll definetly see how it works out. Having not placed an operator-assisted call from a Millennium before, I really can't say I know how the whole setup works, but I imagine that the operator would have to stay on the line until the call answered and allow the line to supervise manually. If such is the case, she probably just forgot to collect the money.

Also, I think theurgy means this phone.

#25 asn

asn

SUP3R 31337 P1MP

• Members
  • 298 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 10:20 PM

She asked me how I was billing it, and I said that I was going to put in thirty-five cents. So, I put my money in, and she put the call through.

View Post

Local calls are 35c from coin phones in Canada? Sweet. They are 50c in FSH (Qwest) Territory.

View Post

In Commie BC they are only 25c.

Same here, in ALL of Ontario.

#26 unity

unity

Ten Ten Three Two Three

• 1,236 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 12:01 AM

I've never had the pleasure of using one of those Millenium desk sets. =/

#27 mynameistoad

mynameistoad

Will I break 10 posts?

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 12:18 AM

lol, perhaps i shall travel to canada to make my calls now

#28 theurgy

theurgy

I broke 10 posts and all I got was this lousy title!

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 July 2006 - 11:25 AM

I haven't encountered them very often either except for at the VIP lounge in the Airport and at some random truck stop along the Hwy between Ottawa and Toronto.
I think I'll take a picture of it next time I meet up with one.

Either way.. I've had lots of fun with the standard Milleniums before. I've actually made one ring (with a little bit of coaxing and SEing an operator). Iit's interesting cause of the fake dialtone, and the whole setup. I always wondered if the incoming calls were blocked by the phone or the at the exchange and a few experiments proved that it's at the exchange.

Edited by theurgy, 19 July 2006 - 11:25 AM.

#29 nwbell

nwbell

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 08:14 PM

Damn! I just was going to try some tricks on the only Millenium in town (which happens to be about a block from my office in the gas station), but when I arrived, it was GONE! That's the first payfone in town to get pulled!

Sure hope it's not a sign of things to come in my little payfone-dependant hicktown. Or, actually, hell - let 'em take out all the payfones... then I can put my COCOTs to better use ;)

#30 Strom Carlson

Strom Carlson

Nub

• Members
  • 2,575 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 10:06 PM

http://stromcarlson....s/lsvgnv032.jpg

#31 TheCheckt

TheCheckt

mad 1337

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 04:32 PM

I haven't encountered them very often either except for at the VIP lounge in the Airport and at some random truck stop along the Hwy between Ottawa and Toronto.
I think I'll take a picture of it next time I meet up with one.

Either way.. I've had lots of fun with the standard Milleniums before. I've actually made one ring (with a little bit of coaxing and SEing an operator). Iit's interesting cause of the fake dialtone, and the whole setup. I always wondered if the incoming calls were blocked by the phone or the at the exchange and a few experiments proved that it's at the exchange.

Well if you do find a millenium phone up in 320 land do tell me. My sister lives in that area code and next time we visit her I want to see if that little trick works.

#32 nwbell

nwbell

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 05:04 PM

Well if you do find a millenium phone up in 320 land do tell me. My sister lives in that area code and next time we visit her I want to see if that little trick works.

The nearest ones to me now are in Cambridge (Mickey D's has one in their northeast entrance, and I think there is/was one at Wally World as well). They're plentiful down in the Cities (but that's not teh 320), and I would assume there to be some around St. Cloud, but I'm never out that way.

I'll let you know. It's been waaay too long since I played with one, and now I'm on a mission :)

#33 tao_of_pi

tao_of_pi

SUP3R 31337 P1MP

• Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 09:48 PM

Dear everyone,

Millennium has two "n"s in it.

Love,
Strom.

You take issue with the fact that people are spelling millennium wrong yet you say nothing about how Unity spelt both story and wonderfully wrong (he also used the wrong form of the word) in his title.

No offense to unity or Strom but if you're going to be a grammer freak you might as well do it right. :P

#34 unity

unity

Ten Ten Three Two Three

• 1,236 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 11:27 PM

Oh pssh. I spelled it that way because I wanted to. I'm not asking for corrections. I don't remember asking to be corrected. If you want to correct me, do it in PM. Now shut the fuck up about my spelling. kthx.

#35 I-baLL

I-baLL

T0tal n00b

• 1,373 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 08:47 AM

Oh pssh. I spelled it that way because I wanted to. I'm not asking for corrections. I don't remember asking to be corrected. If you want to correct me, do it in PM. Now shut the fuck up about my spelling. kthx.

You spelled "okay, thanks." wrong.

:P

#36 unity

unity

Ten Ten Three Two Three

• 1,236 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 12:38 PM

:P

*tim kills I-Ball*

#37 Immortal_Corruptor

Immortal_Corruptor

What number are we thinking of?

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 30 July 2006 - 12:45 AM

Man, I'm in Canada, and seriously I've never had to pay for a call when I was talking to an operator. They just dial it for me. Never long distance numbers, but anything roughly local, they always make it. I've only had one bitch that wouldnt do it, and she just said that the phone wasnt broken, and made my call collect. Usually ill just tell them some of the buttons are stuck.. That is the rare time they ever ask.. haha. Yeah, its all Millennium, around where I live, I rarley see any others. And there all with Aliant, here in canada anyways. And none of them execpect incoming calls, which upsets me..

#38 TheCheckt

TheCheckt

mad 1337

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 30 July 2006 - 01:59 AM

The nearest ones to me now are in Cambridge (Mickey D's has one in their northeast entrance, and I think there is/was one at Wally World as well). They're plentiful down in the Cities (but that's not teh 320), and I would assume there to be some around St. Cloud, but I'm never out that way.

I'll let you know. It's been waaay too long since I played with one, and now I'm on a mission :)

Yeah I'm in the Twin Cities area. You know I recall seeing them somewhere. It may have been some retail store like Target.

#39 unity

unity

Ten Ten Three Two Three

• 1,236 posts

Posted 30 July 2006 - 04:36 PM

That's funny, this post is like superthreaddigger, but people are still replying. phj33r.

anyways, yeah, ops never make calls for people calling from payphones in my area. *shrug*

#40 nwbell

nwbell

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 30 July 2006 - 08:11 PM

When buying my copy of 2600 at the B&N in Har Mar (Roseville), I came across one. It was back by the restrooms, and is fully adorned with Qwest markings. I didn't have time to play with it much, and it doesn't take incoming calls, either :(

That fone is 651-631-9812, if anybody's interested. It acted a bit COCOT-ish when I dialed out on it (called Strom's 877-tada-lol ANAC and heard it dial the number after I finished entering. Shoulda taken note of the II digits!) But that's far from the only one in the metro (duh).

I would assume that dialing 0 would get you a recorded NIS message, since that's what most Qwest copper loops I've played with in that area do. But here up north we still have live TSPS ops at our beck and call :)

Still searching...

EDIT: my hundredth post. w00t.

Edited by nwbell, 30 July 2006 - 08:17 PM.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!