and I was wanting to learn more about my local CO in my area
where would be a good place to start. :D

#2 ic0n

ic0n

Fear teh phone!

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 1,212 posts

Posted 19 May 2003 - 04:11 PM

well if your not sure where you local co is this site will locate it for you...

http://www.dslreports.com/coinfo

#3 ls-la

ls-la

H4x0r

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 19 May 2003 - 04:19 PM

I sincerely believe that you are sincere in wanting to learn all about your local CO. However, I also am confident that you want to know about phreaking in general. Correct me if I'm wrong...

I'm curious to know just HOW new you are with the phone systems in place today...let me know about this as well.

The obvious answer is to read all the text files that you can... about how many have you read? I'm guessing not over 15 if you're technologically intelligent -- although, I hear that there are 7 intelligences. This isn't an insult at all, as you'll soon learn that I'm very willing to help you out in any way.

I say you've prolly only read 15 files, because once you've read at least that many, you would realize that the answer to your question can be gained yourself. How do you think the -original- text files came to be? I'll bet the farm on experimentation, for the most part. PLEASE no one flame me for this, YES, it is easier to ask someone......I know for a fact, that doing something for oneself is the BEST way to learn...for me anyway, but I'm -guessing- that it is true for the majority, if not all, of the techologically minded folks.

However, I wouldn't have replied to this, under this thread, without giving some info on "learning about local CO's", so:

1. Call up your local billing office and find out the number you may call to schedule a tour of your local CO. :) Yes, it IS possible, but you must establish excellent rapport with the person who's "in charge" if you wish to have every opportunity to make this a reality, especially with big companies...it won't hurt to say you're majoring in electronic techology (at the college level, of course...if you're too young...either get a friend who's interested to do it, or improvise), and you wish to work for them one day.

2. Have you hand scanned yet? Try it, you'd be amazed at the results.

3. Dumpster dive at your local CO.

FIRST, find out where your local CO is, before trying any of the above... it can't hurt to "know your enemy". It also couldn't hurt to read Leeto Phreaker Heads ... uhhh ... Phr33k4z0id'z #1... the article about the german sounding switch. I'm sure anyone reading this board can find it...

Find out what kind of switch it is, AND what version... look up everything on it... try to find the number to it, or some internal or public network to get on to reach it. This is every phreak's dream... well, it should be, because you can do just about anything with complete access to the "switch"... heheh, there are -interfaces- to switches as well. As well as the billing databases, in other states.... :) it's all individual, but I'm sure we'd all be interested to learn about yours... let us know!

Anyway, sorry to sound like Gandalf :) , (especially since this is my "first" post), but anyone may PM me or whatever it's called on this board, and you'll find I give way more info (if I know it...and I'll tell you if I don't).

Phax, you might want to answer my questions not related to this thread in another entitled something like... "What are your skills?". Just a suggestion to keep things in their place, and possibly start a very interesting thread, OR, one in which will show either lack of interest in the "scene", or the majority don't know much??? naaah, the latter gotta be false, right? Another possibility, and prolly more likely, is it's a stupid thread.

ls...

#4 ic0n

ic0n

Fear teh phone!

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 1,212 posts

Posted 19 May 2003 - 04:26 PM

hey ls-la,

how's it going... nice to see you posting here.

phax

if your going to try to get a tour of your C.O. tell them your doing a report for school.

Oh yeah on a side note i got my little jankie tour or my C.O. that lineman let me go check it out. Too bad he would'nt let me take any pictures :(

#5 phax

phax

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 19 May 2003 - 07:19 PM

ls -la and icon guess

I will give it a try.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!