• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 mikes

mikes

Mack Daddy 31337

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 08:34 PM

the school system I used to work for used St. Benard as well. the idiot IT Manager (I didn't call him that because a trained monkey would be able to administer a network better then he did) had it setup incorrectly. all the kids would have to do would uncheck use proxy and they were out in the wild. that was fixed after a teacher told him. I knew about it for a long time but I used the work around for my own uses. after that the kids found out to use a CGI proxy service. he blocked all the links from google that he found. he did not go deep enough into the sites so you could search for them at home, email youself the link and copy and paste baby!!! I know this is a nubie forum but everyone here is 10 steps above the guy I wokred with.

Edited by mikes, 11 May 2005 - 08:35 PM.

#22 HavocRains

HavocRains

Gibson Hacker

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 09:01 AM

well i figured out how to get past websense:

1. (if command prompt is blocked) Goto My Documents
2.Click file>New>Shortcut
3.In the text box type in command
4.Hit next a few times
5.click on your brand new MS-DOS shortcut
6.Then type in "Ping [wanted URL]" (minus quotes) then hit enter
7.It should come up with an IP adress
8.Copy and Paste the IP into the adress bar of your browser
9.Then enjoy the website to its fullest!

the sad part is that it only works about 85% of the time, sometimes the filters catch it anyways and other times it will filter the other sections of the site. If that happens you right click the link then click properties copy the url and then go through the whole process again...

#23 paper_shredder

paper_shredder

elite

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 03:41 PM

thanks havoc this is very much appreciated i shall spread the news. :D

#24 HavocRains

HavocRains

Gibson Hacker

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 10:19 PM

no prob man.. i wish i was l33t, this crap is just pointless and stupid... maybe i should learn in skewl? that would be kewl!

#25 SUB-S0NIX

SUB-S0NIX

!Pee-Wee Pimpin!

• Members
  • 1,381 posts

Posted 13 May 2005 - 12:28 AM

If the IP trick doesnt work try getting the IP of the restricted site and convert the IP Address into binary form and see if it works. I remember reading this on some forum a while back where this IT manager was posting work arounds for WebSense.

#26 HavocRains

HavocRains

Gibson Hacker

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 13 May 2005 - 08:29 AM

how would i convert that, and wut form should it be in

cause i went into calculator and i cam out with:

for

and when i put the bin number in there it didnt work, but when i put the ip in there it did :huh:

#27 paper_shredder

paper_shredder

elite

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 13 May 2005 - 02:32 PM

havoc, my friend tryed out what you said before and he said it dident work because websense blocks IP adresses too..... :blowfuse:

#28 duper

duper

Dangerous free thinker

• Members
  • 816 posts

Posted 13 May 2005 - 03:33 PM

If the site has SSL enanbled I think you can bypass websense's keywords with HTTPS..

#29 mikes

mikes

Mack Daddy 31337

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 13 May 2005 - 04:20 PM

another way is to setup remote desktop (aka Terminal Services) (in Windows server versions XP Pro only), tightvnc or ultravnc on your home PC (as for as Mac and *nix goes, I can't help you). configure the router to forward the correct ports to the PC where the above software is installed.

go to school and install the client if needed. Windows XP already has the remote desktop client installed by default. then remote desktop into your home PC with your IP address. if all ports but HTTP and HTTPS are blocked your out of luck.

if you feel brave and can get it, try Citrix MetaFrame on a Windows 2000/2003 server box (they do have a Linux version) and include the remote web piece. that will enable you to use a browser and the open ports to get to it.

now, if they block your IP address you may be screwed.

another that I can think of is install a dial-up VPN service on your home box (of course you'll need a phoneline and modem). get a data cable (www.futuredial.com) for your cellphone and install the drivers onto a PC at school. create a VPN connection for your home and just dial out to your PC. :-)

if you can't beat the system, just eleminate it all together.

Edited by mikes, 14 May 2005 - 10:55 AM.

#30 HavocRains

HavocRains

Gibson Hacker

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 20 May 2005 - 01:51 PM

ok so i saw someone mentioned a proxy server, and i wanted to know how you set one-up...

#31 kizzle

kizzle

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 446 posts

Posted 20 May 2005 - 06:32 PM

Cough...

Edit: Well I guess all those proxys got popular and thus shut down. Cgi-proxy is dead simple to install on your own webspace. Just download it and throw it in /cgi-bin

Edited by kizzle, 20 May 2005 - 06:37 PM.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!