• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#21 10nix

10nix

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 423 posts

Posted 21 April 2005 - 08:04 AM

I dont know how it is done accross the board, but thats how its done in upstate NY. The information comes from the Mt Kisco Training facility for Verizon, and experience. You dont have to believe me.

Edited by 10nix, 21 April 2005 - 08:05 AM.

#22 spoekalb

spoekalb

DDP r0x0rz my s0x0rz

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 21 April 2005 - 09:59 AM

yea blakeops, haven't you heard of echelon you noob? it's in EVERY Central office, this way if you divert through 80 PBX's, the original Central Office where the call was placed from picked up the keyword and knows exactly what line placed the call.

Well, it used to be they couldn't tap your phone without a warrant. How many people have been busted with this system so far?

In 2002 it cost US taxpayers an average of $54,000 per tap. [Ref.]

#23 Zapperlink

Zapperlink

"I Hack, therefore, I am"

• 951 posts

Posted 21 April 2005 - 10:19 AM

Since its already been repeated ill be brief but if FBI wants to tap you odds are they are going to do it at a higher level as most of them do. Your not going to see a 100 foot cord run to a little black van.. though if you do.. consider moving because thats beyond abnormal. Tapping at a higher level gives no effect to the line. If its a direct tap u can normally see the signs as mentioned above. If your that worried however about what you say on the phone then best bet.. learn a dead language.

#24 P(?)NYB(?)Y

P(?)NYB(?)Y

bellcore

• Members
  • 800 posts

Posted 21 April 2005 - 11:16 AM

or just use pig latin, technically you're not saying anything!

#25 Alkali Jack

Alkali Jack

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 21 April 2005 - 01:31 PM

yea blakeops, haven't you heard of echelon you noob? it's in EVERY Central office, this way if you divert through 80 PBX's, the original Central Office where the call was placed from picked up the keyword and knows exactly what line placed the call.

Well, it used to be they couldn't tap your phone without a warrant. How many people have been busted with this system so far?

In 2002 it cost US taxpayers an average of $54,000 per tap. [Ref.]

They don't get 'busted,' they get drug out into the street at night by guys in black clothing.

#26 bracket

bracket

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 21 April 2005 - 04:46 PM

yea blakeops, haven't you heard of echelon you noob? it's in EVERY Central office, this way if you divert through 80 PBX's, the original Central Office where the call was placed from picked up the keyword and knows exactly what line placed the call

A. blakeops is not a noob
B. Echelon only covers internet traffic/VOIP
Don't assume, check before you say things like that.

living is easy with eyes closed
mis-understanting all you see

~the beatles

If you live blindly, make assumptions, and tell everybody your assumptions, the whole world becomes blind.

Edit: the "B)" caused a conflict so I changed to B.

Edited by bracket, 21 April 2005 - 04:48 PM.

#27 Strom Carlson

Strom Carlson

Nub

• Members
  • 2,575 posts

Posted 21 April 2005 - 06:16 PM

It's definitely possible to tap a phone line at the switch (I should know; I've done it on my own line from the console of a DMS-100), but the bit about automated software listening to every word you say is mostly, if not entirely, FUD.

#28 lucky225

lucky225

Mack Daddy 31337

• Banned
  • 213 posts

Posted 21 April 2005 - 09:55 PM

yea blakeops, haven't you heard of echelon you noob? it's in EVERY Central office, this way if you divert through 80 PBX's, the original Central Office where the call was placed from picked up the keyword and knows exactly what line placed the call

A. blakeops is not a noob
B. Echelon only covers internet traffic/VOIP
Don't assume, check before you say things like that.

living is easy with eyes closed
mis-understanting all you see

~the beatles

If you live blindly, make assumptions, and tell everybody your assumptions, the whole world becomes blind.

Edit: the "B)" caused a conflict so I changed to B.

Echelon has been around way before voip you noob, but you're right, I did make an assumption based on what I was told about the system, it seems it only monitors international communications placed over satellite.

http://www.europarl....rechelon_en.pdf

#29 DrLZRDMN

DrLZRDMN

DDP Fan club member

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 21 April 2005 - 10:00 PM

well he did say internet/viop and since viop is internet he wasn't saying that echelon was made for viop,

noo..(I won't)

#30 lucky225

lucky225

Mack Daddy 31337

• Banned
  • 213 posts

Posted 21 April 2005 - 10:05 PM

well he did say internet/viop and since viop is internet he wasn't saying that echelon was made for viop,

noo..(I won't)

it's not designed to monitor internet communications..

#31 DrLZRDMN

DrLZRDMN

DDP Fan club member

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 21 April 2005 - 10:33 PM

you win.

#32 Abstruse

Abstruse

Hakker addict

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 22 April 2005 - 06:00 AM

You don't even have to learn a dead language. Fuck, use anything other than Spanish, Portugese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Cantonese, Mandorin, and Vietnamese. Hell, before 2001, the CIA only had one Arabic translator.

However, police departments are much more likely to go after the private sector for translations than the feds would be. Mainly because they don't have fucked up rules about clearance.

The Abstruse One

#33 j4mes

j4mes

• Members
  • 485 posts

Posted 22 April 2005 - 10:52 AM

I always act as if my conversations were being scrutinized by law enforcement. When I need to make a "private" call, I do so through a payphone.

#34 azozel

azozel

SCRiPT KiDDie

• Banned
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 April 2005 - 11:39 AM

As a general rule. I never say anything over the phone that I wouldn't have a problem saying to a cops face. Because everyone's phone it tapped. The C.I.A. DOES moniter over 6 million phone calls a day in the US.
I know this because I live in northern Va. and have some religious connections with the some agency employees. :monk:
What Abstruse said is more or less spot on.

The best way to make a call is to redbox a payphone(yeah it still works local calls only) and clean it when your done.
(don't want to leave any prints behind)

As for internet traffic that too is monitered mostly e-mail's.
Try throwing a few buz words in your future e-mails just to get there attention. Like terrorist, plane and Whitehouse. j/k
( this is a very bad idea because it will attract attention to you and your isp.)

I cant spiell wurth crep because I'm a noob.

Edited by azozel, 22 April 2005 - 02:24 PM.

#35 counterspell

counterspell

• Members
  • 378 posts

Posted 22 April 2005 - 11:59 AM

I thought Echelon was an internet thing.

#36 spoekalb

spoekalb

DDP r0x0rz my s0x0rz

• 1,280 posts

Posted 22 April 2005 - 12:51 PM

The best way to make a call is to redbox a payphone(yeah it still works) and clean it when your done.

Wouldn't the best way to make a call include paying for it?
Stealing only increases the probability that you will be caught.
For example, drug dealers drive the speed limit so they aren't caught for something so silly.

#37 azozel

azozel

SCRiPT KiDDie

• Banned
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 April 2005 - 01:07 PM

Yes paying for it would be better then red boxing just clean the coins and the phone from your prints. ( The resion I say clean your print's isn't just to avoid local law enforcement, / F.B.I.. It's for the agencys that don't have a name or any one to report to or any responsibility other then getting the job done.) :monk: ( Big brother is watching. ) :ninja:

#38 lucky225

lucky225

Mack Daddy 31337

• Banned
  • 213 posts

Posted 22 April 2005 - 01:57 PM

As a general rule. I never say anything over the phone that I wouldn't have a problem saying to a cops face. Because everyone's phone it tapped. The C.I.A. DOES moniter over 6 million phone calls a day in the US.
I know this because I live in northern Va. and have some religious connections with the some agency employees. :monk:
What Abstruse said is more or less spot on.

The best way to make a call is to redbox a payphone(yeah it still works) and clean it when your done.

As for internet traffic that too is monitered mostly e-mail's.
Try throwing a few buz words in your future e-mails just to get there attention. Like terrorist, plane and Whitehouse. j/k
( this is a very bad idea because it will attract attention to you and your isp.)

I cant spiell wurth crep because I'm a noob.

Redboxing does *NOT* work for long distance calls, AT&T doesn't accept coins as a form of payment at all anymore, they haven't since about mid-2002

http://www.att.com/n...7,10539,00.html

#39 GIJoe

GIJoe

0v3n /\/\1tt

• 2,020 posts

Posted 22 April 2005 - 03:03 PM

It's for the agencys that don't have a name or any one to report to or any responsibility other then getting the job done.) :monk: ( Big brother is watching. ) :ninja:

Everybody has a boss. Too bad that you think you could run from a 'black budget' group that you are describing and seem to know so much about.

#40 hoho

hoho

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 22 April 2005 - 03:32 PM

I'd just like to point out that nobody in this thread has any idea what they're talking about.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!