• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 m2mike

m2mike

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 27 April 2005 - 04:18 AM

I have posted some code in the General Code section if someone wants to take a look. At this point, some of it compiles and some of it doesn't. Please give me feedback on compiling with gcc. Give any such feedback over in the code section under the appropriate thread. If you can help with the re-writing, then please post here or contact me.

At this point, I need to find a way to code certain dos exclusive functions under linux.

Specifically, I need to find a way to do findnext and findfirst which is under dos.h and dir.h. Is there a linux equivalent?

I also need to find a version of string.h that has the strupr function, although everywhere I have looked so far does not have the strupr function in any replacement string.h that I have seen. strupr is a function that is in DOS compatible string.h files. strupr is a non-existent function in standard string.h files. Someone give me a url if you have it.

*Edit*

The strupr function has been implemented where needed.

Right now, I am tackling all of the simple command line programs that can be done rather quickly. I should mention that while not all of these programs are completely gcc compatible yet, you might get them to compile with Turbo C under DOS or any other compiler that uses DOS exclusive functions in the standard libraries.

If you are having any crashes or any bugs, keep in mind that void main has been changed to int main in most of the code. It might be a good idea to make it gint main, but I don't know yet. Someone inform me if necessary.

By the way, I just noticed that the source for prescan.exe seems to be missing. If I have overlooked it, then let me know.

Edited by m2mike, 29 April 2005 - 12:44 PM.

#22 m2mike

m2mike

• Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 29 April 2005 - 12:52 PM

Well, so far 4 programs have been successfully converted so they can be compiled by gcc.

Those programs are MERGE.C (a.k.a. Tmerge), TLREPORT.C, TLREPLAC.C, and TLOG.C. All can be found in the General Code section of these forums.

All DOS specific headers were removed and standard libraries are being used to implement what used to be DOS specific functions. They all compile (some of them with a warning or two) and they should be tested by anyone who wants to do some beta testing.

Sample .dat files can be found in the original Toneloc binaries archive. There is also one in the source archive.

I am still working out some compile errors on the others. Toneloc.C will have to be re-worked quite a bit.

The fossil driver code will probably be completely removed.
All DESQview related code will be done away with. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DESQview
All graphics will have to be re-done with ncurses (linux friendly). The alternative might be to use the conio 2 library which can be had from here: http://conio.sourceforge.net/ I don't know how this is going to be done yet.
CXL video will be removed for linux and DOS for that matter.
Various procedures will be re-written.

Stay tuned.

*Edit*

By the way, has anyone compiled this code with an old compiler just to find out if you can make new binaries under DOS? I probably would have done this already, but I couldn't do it with any of Borland's "antique" software.

Also, check out wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toneloc

Edited by m2mike, 30 April 2005 - 06:18 AM.

#23 m2mike

m2mike

• Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 02 May 2005 - 07:42 AM

Update:

The following programs from Toneloc are compiling successfully under linux with gcc:

MERGE.C (a.k.a. Tmerge), TLREPORT.C, TLREPLAC.C, TLOG.C, MIRROR.C, TEXTMAP.C, TLSUMM.C, and TCONVERT.C.

TCONVERT.C and TLSUMM.C will only compile with gcc under linux at the moment. The way to use it under Dos is cygwin. Compile with -Wall as an option on the command line.

I might also mention that the version of gcc I am using is the one that is on the latest AUDITOR cd.

If you want to compile the code as it is, you need Turbo C 3.0 or later. I can't get Turbo C 2.01 to do it. Version 2.01 is available from the "antique software" section on borland's website if you want to experiment with it.

Edited by m2mike, 02 May 2005 - 07:54 AM.

#24 natas

natas

De La Natas

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 02 May 2005 - 08:05 AM

man it looks like you are making some serious progress! have you been posting your status on any other sites besides this forum? have you been getting any help from anyone at all?

#25 m2mike

m2mike

• Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 01:23 PM

Does anyone know where I can get TV.LIB? This file seems to be necessary in order to get Toneloc to compile under Turbo C 3.0. I can't seem to find it.

I have discovered something that I should have looked at already. I have taken the original Toneloc exe's and looked at them with a hex editor. It seems that they have all been compressed. The header is saying PKLITE Copr. 1990-91 PKWARE Inc. All Rights Reserved. It seems that these programs were compressed. This is very disappointing as it probably removed the header info that may have indicated what compiler was used to compile the source.

Edited by m2mike, 12 May 2005 - 01:36 PM.

#26 Rightcoast

Rightcoast

mmm ... donuts

• 2,074 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 02:28 PM

Itried looking for you and couldn't find the library, I did find this on a mailing list...broken English, but it may help you:

That's a simple mistake!..But,many does it.
"TV.lib" is not a 'rea file' and
you have this "TV.lib" in your own computer.
I show you my answer{teached from Mr.Buddy} under now.
----------------------------------------
Go into your OPTIONS menu in "C++", select
LINKER and from there select LIBRARIES.
In the dialogue box then shown, "deselect" the option for "Turbo Vision" by highlighting and pressing the spacebar. Your programs will run now.
..Soon your computer will get well...End

---"TV.lib" means Turbo Vision library,
I think. ---- 99.11.27 from supaconx

this too:

If you own TurboVision and OWL (suppose you bought BC++ 3.1 with application
frameworks) it comes with the TV.LIB library not compiled. From DOS, go to
/BC/TVISION/SOURCE and type "MAKE". This will run the makefile and build
TV.LIB in BC/TVISION/LIB.

You must have /BC/BIN in your path for this to work. (If you installed in
some other directory, substitute that for BC above).

This isn't documented anywhere, as far as I can tell, and took me quite
some time to figure out (aargh!)

Edited by Evolve, 12 May 2005 - 02:31 PM.

#27 natas

natas

De La Natas

• 4,273 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 02:39 AM

hey m2mike, what is the status of the toneloc port? any progress lately? how many people are helping you out?

#28 yamamushi

yamamushi

the 0ne

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 June 2005 - 05:33 PM

If you had to estimate, what percentage of the port is complete?

#29 m2mike

m2mike

• Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 05 June 2005 - 08:31 PM

I have been away for a while and haven't had a chance to work on the port. I will report something when some progress has been made.

#30 natas

natas

De La Natas

• 4,273 posts

Posted 06 June 2005 - 12:43 AM

do you want to pimp this out and try to get other people involved in the port? if we setup a website/webpage for this i think that would get alot of people interested and involved. maybe get a sourceforge page?

#31 etarkoo

etarkoo

the 0ne

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 03:21 PM

<bump>http://tonescan.sour...rge.net/</bump> :D

#32 natas

natas

De La Natas

• 4,273 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 04:05 PM

how old is that? its still in the planning stage but i bet its over a year or two old.

#33 nazareth2

nazareth2

SUP3R 31337

• Banned
  • 180 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 04:40 PM

http://sourceforge.n...ojects/tonescan

Project UNIX name: tonescan
Activity Percentile (last week): 65.44

http://tonescan.sourceforge.net/

Last update: 6/29/2005

Not sure which is worse, new or abandoned :) Shouldn't be hard though, time is probably the biggest factor.

Edited by nazareth2, 01 July 2005 - 04:42 PM.

#34 natas

natas

De La Natas

• 4,273 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 09:40 PM

haha ok. well its an interesting project then as long as its active :)

#35 m2mike

m2mike

• Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 11 July 2005 - 03:17 PM

Here is someone else's project that never took off (so it seems):

http://sourceforge.n...ojects/telescan

Instructions to get the source for a working version can be had from here:

http://www.securityf...19/2005-03-25/0

It will lead you here:

http://cvs.sourcefor...vs.py/telescan/

Edited by m2mike, 11 July 2005 - 03:28 PM.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!