• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 natas

natas

De La Natas

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 17 April 2005 - 05:38 PM

m2mike contacted Minor Threat, the creator of Toneloc and got him to dig up the Toneloc 1.10 source code! He was willing to let us distribute it as well so I have posted it on oldskoolphreak.com.

It will be interesting to see if anyone comes up with some improvements, mods or newer dialers based off it!!!!!

Enjoy!

Toneloc 1.10 Source Code

#2 m2mike

m2mike

SUPR3M3 31337 Mack Daddy P1MP

• Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 18 April 2005 - 04:53 AM

Since all the code is in C, porting toneloc over to linux would be fun (gcc is your friend). You would probably need to import some different libraries to do it (dos.h and conio.h for example).

What is the linux equivalent? asm/io.h?

I don't have the time or the tools to do this myself right now, but it would be nice to see someone take this on. It might require a slight re-write of the source, but it is certainly possible.

#3 phracktalism

phracktalism

elite

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 18 April 2005 - 11:37 AM

Sounds like fun...

#4 natas

natas

De La Natas

• 4,273 posts

Posted 18 April 2005 - 02:46 PM

i'm really surprised no ones made a linux wardialer yet. i agree with m2mike and i think it would be awesome if toneloc was ported to linux. (or even something that is just based off of it)

#5 nazareth2

nazareth2

SUP3R 31337

• Banned
  • 180 posts

Posted 18 April 2005 - 03:35 PM

there's a couple wardialers for linux. w000w00 made one, and a site i think called 0xdeadbeef had one.

#6 vox

vox

Hakker addict

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 18 April 2005 - 03:41 PM

there's a couple wardialers for linux. w000w00 made one, and a site i think called 0xdeadbeef had one.

Yeah, but none of the *NIX wardialers I've seen come close to ToneLoc... ToneLoc is like the mother of all wardialers. Props go out to Minor Threat for still saving the source code after all these years! I must admit, the ToneLoc source code is cleanly written compared to THC-Scan. Trying to understand THC-Scan's source code is like looking through a bell can of a large neighborhood and trying to figure out who's wires are who's...

Edited by vox, 18 April 2005 - 03:48 PM.

#7 nazareth2

nazareth2

SUP3R 31337

• Banned
  • 180 posts

Posted 18 April 2005 - 03:46 PM

i'm really surprised no ones made a linux wardialer yet.

Yeah, but none of the *NIX wardialers I've seen come close to ToneLoc... ToneLoc is like the mother of all wardialers.

It may be the "mother," but it's ordinary.

Edited by nazareth2, 18 April 2005 - 03:47 PM.

#8 Caustiq

Caustiq

Mack Daddy 31337

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 18 April 2005 - 03:48 PM

I don't have the time or the tools to do this myself right now, but it would be nice to see someone take this on.  It might require a slight re-write of the source, but it is certainly possible.

I think a lot of us are short on free time. What we should do is organize a group of programmers and assign seperate source files to each. Of course the dependency hierarchy for the entire program would have to be determined before we would start assigning files. I hereby volunteer my programming skills to the cause.

Edited by Caustiq, 18 April 2005 - 04:13 PM.

#9 vox

vox

Hakker addict

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 18 April 2005 - 03:53 PM

Has anyone attemped compiling the source through a modern compiler?

Oh yeah, and if you can port ToneLoc to Linux, think of the things you can do utilizing asterisk's AGI scripting language! You could have ToneLoc interface with the AGI scripting language to do backspoofs on the found modem numbers and log the CNAM info along with the carrier output!

Edited by vox, 18 April 2005 - 04:03 PM.

#10 Caustiq

Caustiq

Mack Daddy 31337

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 18 April 2005 - 04:00 PM

Has anyone attemped compiling the source through a modern compiler?

Since most of them include dos.h or other win32 dependent headers, I didn't bother attempting just yet.

Edited by Caustiq, 18 April 2005 - 04:14 PM.

#11 riscphree

riscphree

Dangerous free thinker

• Members
  • 1,936 posts

Posted 18 April 2005 - 04:30 PM

I don't have the time or the tools to do this myself right now, but it would be nice to see someone take this on.  It might require a slight re-write of the source, but it is certainly possible.

I think a lot of us are short on free time. What we should do is organize a group of programmers and assign seperate source files to each. Of course the dependency hierarchy for the entire program would have to be determined before we would start assigning files. I hereby volunteer my programming skills to the cause.

i could help with that a little bit. count me in if anything goes down .. or up :)

#12 Minion

Minion

"I Hack, therefore, I am"

• Members
  • 972 posts

Posted 18 April 2005 - 05:06 PM

The comments in the source are hilarious.

And I believe that the possible applications for this with asterisk could be extremely beneficial and awesome...

It might even be possible to spoof the caller ID everytime you dial out as the number that you're dialing. I wouldn't know how to go about doing such a thing, but it's just a thought. ^_^

#13 natas

natas

De La Natas

• 4,273 posts

Posted 18 April 2005 - 05:43 PM

here is something Minor Threat had to say about the source, that may possibly help you guys out if your trying to compile it

There doesn't appear to be a Makefile, but there are a few DOS batch files that I think I used to compile it.  Some of it was in assembly also (the modem stuff), so you might need turbo assembler.  (Maybe not since the .OBJ files are there).

#14 phracktalism

phracktalism

elite

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 19 April 2005 - 12:42 AM

If anyone organizes a port team, I'm willing to help.

#15 unity

unity

Ten Ten Three Two Three

• 1,236 posts

Posted 19 April 2005 - 05:36 PM

I have almost coding skillz, 'cept a bit of perl, but if someone ports it, I'd be EXTREMELY HAPPY.

:|

#16 m2mike

m2mike

• Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 08:26 AM

The linux war dialer known as ward can be had here:

http://www.0xdeadbeef.info/code/ward.c

I wonder if compiling toneloc under linux could be as simple as deleting the "#include dos.h" and replacing it with ward's headers. I don't have a working linux install right now or else I probably would have already compiled all the source under linux just to see if I could do it. I know there are some live cd's that come with gcc (Auditor for example). I might go that route soon. As a test, someone should try to see if they can get uart.c to compile since it only uses stdio.h and dos.h. Perhaps substitute asm/io.h and signal.h? inportb and outportb would then have to be replaced with inb and outb. That would probably be a good place to start since it might be easy to get it to compile.

*Edit*

http://www.binrev.co...ST&f=19&t=12013

http://www.binrev.co...showtopic=12153

Have a look in the CODE section for something to play with. See if you can get that code to compile with gcc. More to come.

The following may be useful:

http://techpubs.sgi....ming.html#ss2.1

If you wish to recompile the original Toneloc source, then you can get the original Turbo C compiler here: http://community.bor.....20841,00.html

Edited by m2mike, 26 April 2005 - 10:35 PM.

#17 m2mike

m2mike

• Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 21 April 2005 - 02:14 AM

http://www.sandroid....nctionlist.html

TurboC Usage

Porting Borland Turbo C source code to GNU gcc

Oh joy.

http://poli.cs.vsb.c...elp/allbcpp.htm

http://www.boutell.c...byid.cgi/001100

Hopefully, it won't be long now.

*Edit*

In case I haven't made things clear, what must basically happen is all of this source (which was written in Turbo C), must be converted to C or C++. In other words, gcc must be able to compile it. Are there any Turbo C compilers for linux? Unfortunately, no, but that doesn't matter as there are too many dos dependent headers in the code anyway.

There are two or more ways to go about this. You can get bloodshed C++ which is a free C/C++ IDE that runs under Windows or you can do it under linux with Kwrite or whatever you want really. Either way is very pretty as it is all GUI.

I will be working on this as soon as I can find the time.

Edited by m2mike, 26 April 2005 - 06:27 AM.

#18 Elzair

Elzair

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 04:42 PM

What license was this released under? GPL I assume.

#19 Elzair

Elzair

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 11:41 PM

After trying to compile ward.c I get the compiler error:
'In function 'listgen': undefined reference to 'pow'

Is pow a function in any of the following libraries or is it a programming error?

#include <fcntl.h>
#include <math.h>
#include <signal.h>
#include <stdarg.h>
#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <string.h>
#include <termios.h>
#include <unistd.h>
#include <sys/time.h>

#20 Caustiq

Caustiq

Mack Daddy 31337

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 24 April 2005 - 03:07 AM

Yes, math.h. Do not forget to link with -lm.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!