• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#21 P(?)NYB(?)Y

P(?)NYB(?)Y

bellcore

• Members
  • 800 posts

Posted 23 March 2005 - 02:54 AM

actually, once you leave the covered area, your phone will have no service at all (except emergency, of course)

#22 greyarea

greyarea

Dangerous free thinker

• Banned
  • 886 posts

Posted 23 March 2005 - 05:29 AM

AH HA! I know something was weird with this number,.,. Its not the one I was thinking about that I thought was serviced by SBC.

I did get some additional info though about this number.

First its OWned by LCI international which uses Qwest for there tollfree numbers.
And they have a trunk group for this number going over to Telus's systems.

So its a super trunk group which I think is weird just for a ANAC/

So from qwest's trunk group it goes to a possible 14 trunks groups into the Washington switch and they also have overage set up for 2 trunk groups in Baltimore.

Very intresting.
Anyone got any numbers for Telus repair for tollfree troubles?
PEace.

EDITED: got it
http://www.hackcanad....html#toll-free

Ill have more info on this number tomorrow.

Edited by greyarea, 23 March 2005 - 05:54 AM.

#23 ic0n

ic0n

Fear teh phone!

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 1,210 posts

Posted 23 March 2005 - 08:34 AM

telus=eslut.

#24 shoggoth

shoggoth

elite

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 24 March 2005 - 12:32 AM

Is this really ANI? I used 10102880 on my pots line and it read back: 00 303-537-0045. Thats not my number.

#25 Strom Carlson

Strom Carlson

Nub

• Members
  • 2,575 posts

Posted 24 March 2005 - 12:50 AM

ANI II and Calling Party Number, as far as I can tell.

#26 shoggoth

shoggoth

elite

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 24 March 2005 - 12:55 AM

Ah, it makes sense now.

This is pretty sweet.

Edited by shoggoth, 24 March 2005 - 12:55 AM.

#27 greyarea

greyarea

Dangerous free thinker

• Banned
  • 886 posts

Posted 24 March 2005 - 03:46 AM

Is this really ANI? I used 10102880 on my pots line and it read back: 00 303-537-0045. Thats not my number.

Well since this is going from different provider to provider(QWEST/Telus) Im not sure.
To read real ANI it would have to been called from within the same platform,when you cross platforms it will read what it thinks is the ANI if the ANI is a fail and your passing a calling party number.So the CPN will be used as the ANI (charge number) however Im not sure if in the "ANI fields" the CPN is placed there.BUt CPN is being treated as ANI if there is a fail behind your CPN when crossing platforms.PEace/

Ill have the complete routing of this number in a little while, Im busy putting the PHX PBX Personal Phreaknic Playground back up right now W00t!

Also Strom (yo man) you think the routing of this number has anything to do with why its passing 00 for some voip calls and for some mobile calls?
Also does anyone else think its really fucking odd that this shit has so much overage?Its an ANAC and its being treated as though its a line for American idol or something.

#28 doug

doug

BinRev veteran

• Members
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 24 March 2005 - 04:08 AM

Just because it's voip, doesn't mean it can't pass 00.
Vonage has been passing 00 for a long time now. In March 2004, Vonage changed tos some new asterisk ld network (that really uses global crossing). Since then they always now have 23

The same thing with VoicePulse... they had 23 when they use to use AT&T (and had no ANI at all btw.) When they used froggytel or whatever it was, it was 00...and now they're 23 again using some asterisk ld network that NuFone also uses.

II Digits with VOIP and GSM providers are not always going to be the same. Espically with VoIP equipment. There's also no class of service for VoIP. You have to remember something. VoIP is not a telephone!! It's a system that lets you access the PSTN. A virtual telephone if you will. VoIP will never have a real ANI, unless they fake it. Same reason why currently it doesn't have its own II digits.

VoIP = a computer...that talks to a real phone network.

ANI always passes along no matter what you call (unless you divert through an operator) If you divert or send no ANI somehow, then certain things could happen. You really shouldn't be testing ANI with any voip carrier. A voip service could be using a different server/line/whatever whenever they want. Depends on the time, traffic, destination.

Remember...
VoIP is not a phone. A cell phone is not a phone. A cordless phone is not a phone. A telephone is a phone.

#29 ic0n

ic0n

Fear teh phone!

• 1,210 posts

Posted 24 March 2005 - 08:44 AM

Remember...
VoIP is not a phone.  A cell phone is not a phone.  A cordless phone is not a phone.  A telephone is a phone.

i know this has been said before but i'm just tossing it into the mix.

All these do is just access the PSTN. fake phones i tell you. fake phones :nono:

:wub: copper :wub:

#30 hoho

hoho

SUP3R 31337

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 24 March 2005 - 09:10 AM

To read real ANI it would have to been called from within the same platform,when you cross platforms it will read what it thinks is the ANI if the ANI is a fail and your passing a calling party number.So the CPN will be used as the ANI (charge number) however Im not sure if in the "ANI fields" the CPN is placed there.

This seems dubious to me, but in the course of searching for whether this is the correct explanation or not, I got sidetracked onto another question. CPN is carried in the ISUP, but is BTN there too? I'm not sure where else the BTN would reside. /me looks at Strom

#31 Strom Carlson

Strom Carlson

Nub

• Members
  • 2,575 posts

Posted 24 March 2005 - 12:50 PM

To read real ANI it would have to been called from within the same platform,when you cross platforms it will read what it thinks is the ANI if the ANI is a fail and your passing a calling party number.So the CPN will be used as the ANI (charge number) however Im not sure if in the "ANI fields" the CPN is placed there.

This seems dubious to me, but in the course of searching for whether this is the correct explanation or not, I got sidetracked onto another question. CPN is carried in the ISUP, but is BTN there too? I'm not sure where else the BTN would reside. /me looks at Strom

Oh yes; this is, for the most part, completely ISUP that we're discussing. I don't remember all the possible locations for number delivery in the IAM (definitely includes cpn and charge number as well as one or two others), but once I find my copies of the ITU-T specs, I'll go through and post here.

#32 Strom Carlson

Strom Carlson

Nub

• Members
  • 2,575 posts

Posted 24 March 2005 - 12:57 PM

Also Strom (yo man) you think the routing of this number has anything to do with why its passing 00 for some voip calls and for some mobile calls?

The only requirement for II digits of "00" is that the call be "non-coin service requiring no special treatment." Technically, this is supposed to only be POTS, but there's no reason why voip and mobile calls can't use this pair as well.

Also does anyone else think its really fucking odd that this shit has so much overage?Its an ANAC and its being treated as though its a line for American idol or something.

I'm going to give you exactly one hint, and it's that you're missing the forest for the trees.

#33 doug

doug

BinRev veteran

• Members
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 25 March 2005 - 07:50 PM

The only requirement for II digits of "00" is that the call be "non-coin service requiring no special treatment." Technically, this is supposed to only be POTS, but there's no reason why voip and mobile calls can't use this pair as well.

THANK YOU! I am so glad you exist on these forums!

The only use for II digits is really for payphone surcharges.

#34 Strom Carlson

Strom Carlson

Nub

• Members
  • 2,575 posts

Posted 25 March 2005 - 08:15 PM

THANK YOU! I am so glad you exist on these forums!

The only use for II digits is really for payphone surcharges.

Well, not only for payphones - there's use for identifying hotel phones, mobile phones, and the like, but yes, the primary use for these is to make sure that the correct charges are applied in the correct situation.

#35 BlackRatchet

BlackRatchet

Dangerous free thinker

• 1,837 posts

Posted 25 March 2005 - 08:17 PM

And Prinsoner phones.

#36 doug

doug

BinRev veteran

• Members
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 25 March 2005 - 08:23 PM

Right and hotel phones. But i've never seen once why it would even be needed for billing cell phones. I mean tellme doesn't greet you differently if you call from a cell phone, so that's the only thing nifty i would see with it.

#37 greyarea

greyarea

Dangerous free thinker

• Banned
  • 886 posts

Posted 29 March 2005 - 11:39 AM

Right and hotel phones. But i've never seen once why it would even be needed for billing cell phones. I mean tellme doesn't greet you differently if you call from a cell phone, so that's the only thing nifty i would see with it.

With hotels and such thats why there is a "Lead number" sent along in ss7.

I did find out why mobile phones are passing 00 for pots instead of 61,62 or 63 (typicaly 63)
The reason is alot of cellphone providers are passing tollcalls along to CLEC's and routing the calls out of their facilities hense why its passing 00 as the ANI II digits.

I thought you guys might want to know this.Its very intresting.
And Strom you sneeky devil you hehe,Good Job BTW>

#38 spoekalb

spoekalb

DDP r0x0rz my s0x0rz

• 1,280 posts

Posted 29 March 2005 - 03:31 PM

alot of cellphone providers are passing tollcalls along to CLEC's and routing the calls out of their facilities hense why its passing 00 as the ANI II digits

Why would the CLEC change the II pair though?

#39 Strom Carlson

Strom Carlson

Nub

• Members
  • 2,575 posts

Posted 29 March 2005 - 04:34 PM

alot of cellphone providers are passing tollcalls along to CLEC's and routing the calls out of their facilities hense why its passing 00 as the ANI II digits

Why would the CLEC change the II pair though?

Yeah, I seriously doubt the CLEC really would have a decent reason for changing the II pair unless their circuits were misprovisioned or their equipment was misconfigured somehow.

#40 doug

doug

BinRev veteran

• Members
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 29 March 2005 - 04:49 PM

Maybe it's just how it works. Look at those CLEC dialtones that pass your CPN, but their BTN, and their II digits.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!