• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Dox

Dox

Hakker addict

• Members
  • 537 posts

Posted 25 April 2003 - 12:00 AM

i got a crank call of some sort from 941-662-5634 a while back, and seeing a number from florida pop up on the cid it struck me as quite odd. being from canada and whatnot.. i couldnt find anything through a few online searches, but who knows eh? :huh:

*edit* i don't know what the issues are concerning any privacy, or posting of information from florida's directory(s). maybe a pm or something would work? <shrugs>

#2 kid_e

kid_e

elite

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 25 April 2003 - 01:24 AM

941 is the Tampa/St. Pete area. It was probably a wrong number anyway. And since it didn't come up while checking 7 different reverse number lookups, it's probably a cell number.

#3 Dox

Dox

Hakker addict

• Members
  • 537 posts

Posted 25 April 2003 - 02:17 AM

ah, now thats making sense, all i heard during the call was a bunch of background noise, and someone asking me "whats up?" repeatedly. a wrong number /cell call fits that call like a glove. i just couldn't wrap my brain around it being a wrong number for some reason.
thx for the effort, at any rate. :voteyes:

#4 ic0n

ic0n

Fear teh phone!

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 1,210 posts

Posted 25 April 2003 - 05:59 PM

i just called a few cna's all the automated ones could'nt find any info... So i decide i would call the ameritech one witch has live operators and they told me that it was a cell fone number.

A little online research and this is what i found...

941-662-xxxx is one of the prefixes that comes out of Cape Haze, FL

The switch is FTMYFLXACM2 and the cell fone provider is (6502) VERIZON WIRELESS-FL and the LATA is... 93902

#5 Dox

Dox

Hakker addict

• Members
  • 537 posts

Posted 25 April 2003 - 06:34 PM

*falls off chair*

very cool ic0n, thanks
whatever u use for your online research must be worth its weight in gold/phone cards...
one of these days lazyness will come back to haunt me.

*interesting side note* the 6502 was the processor used in the nes nintendo entertainment system, among other familiar things...

#6 StankDawg

StankDawg

same old Dawg, no new tricks

• Moderating Team
  • 8,073 posts

Posted 26 April 2003 - 01:03 AM

The switch is FTMYFLXACM2 and the cell fone provider is (6502) VERIZON WIRELESS-FL and the LATA is... 93902

the FTMY part of that is Fort Myers...

you said a prank call "of sorts" so what did that mean?

#7 kid_e

kid_e

elite

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 26 April 2003 - 02:09 AM

Fort Myers isn't 941 anymore, it's 239. It may be equipment from FM that's been moved yet not renamed.

#8 Dox

Dox

Hakker addict

• Members
  • 537 posts

Posted 26 April 2003 - 01:26 PM

it sounded like a prank of some sorts, the caller didn't give his name, it went something along the lines of:
caller: "hey man whats up?"
me: "not much, yourself?"
background noise for a minute or so
caller: "whats up?"
myself: "not a whole lot, how about you?"
caller: "whats up?"
myself: "im not doing to much at the moment."
background noise for a few more minutes, and then the guy hangs up.

it's nothing serious, i just wanted to get some idea of who had called from florida to ask me, "whats up". you guys came up w/ quite a bit, having only a phone number to go with.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!