rfa 60

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 nick84

nick84

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 24 April 2003 - 01:03 PM

Just listened to the latest RFA, for anyone in the UK, CCTV-9 is available on sky digital, channel 534.
Also if your interested in the UK parliament etc tune into the parliament channel, available free to air over terrestrial digital TV, or sky digital FTA (I think) in the UK.
And for those not in uk online you can get it online: http://wwitv.com/television/217.htm

#2 logan5

logan5

Hakker addict

• 534 posts

Posted 24 April 2003 - 03:23 PM

If anyone's cable compnay carries Newsworld International, that's also a great source for non-US corpoprate news media. It's run by the CBC in Canada, and they also carry lots of foreign news: Mexico (TV-Azteca, I think it was called) China (must be CCTV), NHK from Japan and DW from Germany. They used to have news from Russia but I haven't seen it in a long time. It's all in English. Sure beats putting up with Fox News.

#3 Dox

Dox

Hakker addict

• Members
  • 537 posts

Posted 25 April 2003 - 05:43 PM

i don't want to break the flow of this post, but it has the right name for the job. ;-) just a few comments about the show:
i enjoyed the paranoia section quite a bit, a little paranoia is healthy isn't it? im sure im not the only one who would identify with what you guys were saying. one can never be too careful, which was illustrated quite well a post on this board a while back stating something along the lines of "be careful of what you post, as it may be read in court some day" im thinking it was feend? but anyway, an overall enjoyable episode. and funny dual mentioning an accoustic coupler because i think i might have an old 300 bps coupler laying around here somewhere, but i dont' think it'd be up to too much these days eh?

although one has to ask the question: why are things like phreaking, and accoustic couplers being mentioned when i *looks cautiously sidewards* frequent these forums, listen to rfa, and just happen to have an old coupler???? could "they" be watching? is the rfa just some cover for a large sting operation put forth by the local phone company, to observe which materials are downloaded, or looked at on the internet, and are then used in court after being caught through some obscure paper trail involving server logs/ phone records/debit card purchases etc, all brought up on some govt officials computer when any type of scanning/sequential dialing/1-800 calling is performed, or information of any sort is transmitted from whichever computer terminal im sitting infront of..???... don't even get me started on security cameras.. :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

#4 bland_inquisitor

bland_inquisitor

mod -o- the day

• 729 posts

Posted 25 April 2003 - 08:05 PM

damn, Dox figured it out guys...now he has to be "neutralized."

#5 dual

dual

BinRev veteran

• 1,196 posts

Posted 25 April 2003 - 08:14 PM

Deploy. Deploy. Target: Dox.

#6 Dox

Dox

Hakker addict

• Members
  • 537 posts

Posted 26 April 2003 - 01:39 PM

i don't know what to do, run or curl into the fetal position?!?
:o :lol:

#7 hacnslash

hacnslash

Banisher of n00bs

• 2,454 posts

Posted 27 April 2003 - 07:31 PM

fetal postition.....

#8 0ccupant

0ccupant

DDP Fan club member

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 28 April 2003 - 07:20 AM

StankDawg mentioned pay by cell meters in San Francisco. I could not find those, but there are Impark Garages in San Francisco PacBell Park (now SBC). Impark does own Verrus pay by cellular meters in Vancover, BC and throughout British Columbia since December 2001. A month later Seattle WA started using the Verrus system with 273 parking spaces.

You must first register with Verrus to get a PIN. Call the Verrus service, punch in your PIN number, number of parking location and choose start. When you come back you call again, and select stop (caller id?). You will be charged by Visa or Master Card specified during registration. Verrus also requires one to register the tags on up to four vehicles, one mobile phone (can you use other phones?) and your cellular service.

If you know more about the meters in San Francisco I will investigate.

About San Francisco Street Parking Meters, there have been a lot of new meters in and around the city. Most of the new meters have been electronic and there are many different companies that make them. Serco Management Systems maintains the meters in San Francisco. Manufacturers include MacKay, an electronic that looks similar to a mechanical meter and the Reino Multi-Space Meters used for mostly for motorcycle parking but it will not allow you to lock a motorcycle to it. Since the Reino is “Multi-Space” you may not have a meter by the space you park. Next year the Mackay meters will accept smart cards (TranLink).

#9 StankDawg

StankDawg

same old Dawg, no new tricks

• Moderating Team
  • 8,064 posts

Posted 28 April 2003 - 07:37 AM

they are only starting to roll out, accordig to the article. But it was very brief, and I already threw it out after making a couple of notes.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!