• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ntheory

ntheory

data pillager

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 21 April 2003 - 09:44 PM

I came across this a while back and I thought I'd share. Crown Castle International is a major player in the US, UK, and Australian cell phone industry. They basically put up towers and rent space on them to cell phone companies (as far as I can tell).

Wanna know where all of them are? Well they've provided a searchable database of all of their sites. Oh, and you can download the entire thing in CSV format if you like to keep that kind of data on hand at the top of the site locator page.

Why they provide this information I have no idea but it's damned cool IMHO. Now I can find all of the sites "off the beaten path" and poke around. :)

#2 StankDawg

StankDawg

same old Dawg, no new tricks

• Moderating Team
  • 8,073 posts

Posted 21 April 2003 - 09:57 PM

wow...that is veeeeerrry koll also. I like statistics and data warehouses.

#3 ntheory

ntheory

data pillager

• 1,757 posts

Posted 21 April 2003 - 10:02 PM

Hehehe... I should show you my census map data collection sometime. It's ridiculous.

#4 ic0n

ic0n

Fear teh phone!

• 1,213 posts

Posted 22 April 2003 - 06:57 AM

damm this site is pretty dope man! I'll have to look into this some more whenever i wake up. Well i still have'nt slept yet... But this is got to be the greatest thing ever since sliced bread... well in a phreaks eyes it is. I think i will have to include some links in the next issue of the zine... If we do decide this will have to be one of them. Great find ntheory!

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!