1 reply to this topic

#1 StankDawg

StankDawg

same old Dawg, no new tricks

• Moderating Team
  • 8,073 posts

Posted 15 October 2002 - 10:11 AM

A quote I stumbled across...

"It's silly that many universities and colleges are struggling independently to secure their campuses ... What we learn and do in the area of security should be shared with peers, but it also should benefit private industry and government." - Mark Bruhn, Indiana University's chief information technology policy and security officer.

This actually gives me some interest in IU. I am curious as to what others think of his comment, perhap sopposing viewpoints, since he is talking about sharing with the government and private institutions.

#2 latency

latency

Mack Daddy 31337

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 15 October 2002 - 04:28 PM

well couldn't it be assumed that what research people work on in the academic sector is usually what ends up being applied in the private and government sector? I mean this is not always the case, but if I worked on a project in college, and a company knew this, wouldn't part of the hiring process be acknowledging this and asking me to work on something similiar based on my research?

I mean I may be completely off the ball here, but I think it's referring more to how advancements in the academic sector will show up in the private/govt sector because most people don't simply remain in the academic sector but many instead get jobs outside it, applying the knowledge they gained during their academic studies?

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!