• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 natas

natas

De La Natas

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 10 January 2005 - 04:14 AM

but I still don't understandwhat a New York Telephone CNAM entry is.

Its just the name associated with a number. CNAM is just calling name. Its stored in a database hence CNAM database. All numbers should have names associated with them, and for some reason New York Telephone has appeared a few times on random numbers in NY. I find all kinds of crazy names associated with telephone numbers when I'm backspoofing. You'll all see soon....

#22 I-baLL

I-baLL

T0tal n00b

• 1,373 posts

Posted 10 January 2005 - 04:47 AM

Posted Image

"SSP" in this diagram is the switching service point (i.e. the end office switch that gives dial tone)

"STP" is the SS7 Signal Transfer Point switch which relays the SS7 signal.

"SCP" is a database system used to do things like 800 number translations, CNAM lookups, etc.

Note that only the link marked "F" on this diagram actually handles the DS0 you talk on; the rest is all SS7 signaling only.

Note how "F" is labelled as:

"An "F" (fully associated) link connects two signaling end points (i.e., SSPs and SCPs). "F" links are not usually used in networks with STPs. In networks without STPs, "F" links directly connect signaling points."

Who's getting fucked up the ass now?! (in reference to the AT&T thread :P)

Edited by I-baLL, 10 January 2005 - 04:49 AM.

#23 Strom Carlson

Strom Carlson

Nub

• Members
  • 2,575 posts

Posted 10 January 2005 - 01:36 PM

"An "F" (fully associated) link connects two signaling end points (i.e., SSPs and SCPs). "F" links are not usually used in networks with STPs. In networks without STPs, "F" links directly connect signaling points."

Oh ok ok...it was late as hell when I posted that and I didn't realize that the diagram only describes signaling links.

#24 I-baLL

I-baLL

T0tal n00b

• 1,373 posts

Posted 10 January 2005 - 01:54 PM

Oh, btw, thanks for that link. It made me understand SS7 so much better.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!