4 replies to this topic

#1 Cr4X

Cr4X

elite

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 06 April 2003 - 02:37 PM

I have a few questions about HackTV:

1) How long do you expect the shows to be?
2) How good quality would they be in?
3) How many MB do you expect them to fill?

Thanks!

#2 StankDawg

StankDawg

same old Dawg, no new tricks

• Moderating Team
  • 8,073 posts

Posted 06 April 2003 - 02:46 PM

1) Preparing for each show to be either .5 to 1 hours. Segment length will vary. Until I get some valid submissions, I cannot determine whether we can fill 1 hour or not. Hope to be 1 hour long, quarterly.

2) Digital quality is preferred. Resolution to be detremined, but at least 320x240.

3) I do not know exact size until I get one put together and compressed. I am predicting that 1 episode will be potentially 400-500 MB.

#3 hacnslash

hacnslash

Banisher of n00bs

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 2,454 posts

Posted 06 April 2003 - 07:11 PM

wow, damn 500 megs, I thought it would end up being like 50-100, but still if its only quarterly it ok, im still getting every friggin episode.

#4 Zapperlink

Zapperlink

"I Hack, therefore, I am"

• Agents of the Revolution
  • 951 posts

Posted 07 April 2003 - 07:23 AM

It all comes down to how much quality and at what compression. The size will vary greatly depending on which compression you use.

#5 StankDawg

StankDawg

same old Dawg, no new tricks

• Moderating Team
  • 8,073 posts

Posted 07 April 2003 - 10:07 AM

Yes, I am shooting for a very high quality, like everything DDP related. I envisions a lot of screen shots, lessons, examples, and walkthroughs where it will be very important to be able to read the words and symbols on the screen. Otherwise, the effect is nuetralized.

I will, of course, use the best compression to get the lowest filesize, while still maintaining this level of quality and clarity.

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!