Community Status Updates

Photo

scratchytcarrier

Current status: nostalgic for the days when "activating" Windows meant whether or not you had the correct version of DOS.
Apr 30 2015 07:36 PM
  • tekio's Photo
    tekio
    I had to Google that. Was unsure about GEM. Was initially thinking CP/M. The original O/S IBM wanted for the consumer desktop, ie... the "IBM Compatible".

They should have called Bell Labs and got free copies of Unix. Technically Bell Labs could not sell Unix... because of government bureaucracy with the monopoly they had...

I guess it all works for me. The Seahawks will be an elite NFL franchise for sometime.. Just because a billionaire software tycoon who is on...
    Yesterday, 01:10 AM
  • scratchytcarrier's Photo
    scratchytcarrier
    Yeah, CP/M too. CPM-86+GEM maybe?

I kind of remember Microspend having had a version of UNIX at some point in the 80s, but I don't think it ever really took off, did it?
    Yesterday, 01:23 PM
  • tekio's Photo
    tekio
    Xenix... Kind of like Minix, Zenith, Xerox, and Unix. I think that might have been the thought process of the ad-exec who named it. Just a guess on my part, though..
    Yesterday, 05:37 PM
Photo

tekio

That moment of holding your breath when you try to "activate" Windows. :-)
Apr 29 2015 01:29 PM
Photo

scratchytcarrier

27.025 MHz: No excuses on da bowl.
Apr 28 2015 05:31 PM
Photo

tekio

This is the way I scowl when I'm watching pr0n and Comcast decided to put me on a new Subnet. Can't they do this when people are not up at 2:00AM getting of on Internet pr0n? How would they feel if I took their girlfriend away right as they were getting off? Well... back to work I guess.
Apr 28 2015 03:03 AM
Photo

tekio

Crap! I hate apartment living. Especially getting woke at 6:30AM on a Saturday morning. But it always helps when the bass from the stereo in your bedroom is louder than that neighbors'. >:)
Apr 25 2015 09:23 AM
Photo

tekio

With my trusty Galaxy II half dead, decided to splurge on a Sony Xperia Z3 Compact. Hopefully this will last a few years (3 -4). I must say, Android Lollipop is pretty darn nifty vs. JellyBean.
Apr 24 2015 06:05 PM
Photo

tekio

Went to an US Air-force museum and saw the coolest piece, most ahead of its time technology ever! A real-live SR-71 Blackbird. Considering only 32 were ever made, and about 13 were lost "in duty", it was pretty damn cool to see up close! :-)
Apr 21 2015 10:44 AM
    scratchytcarrier
    Is this the Smithsonian museum with the IMAX theatre in it?

God, I haven't been there in 20 years.
    Apr 22 2015 11:00 AM
  • tekio's Photo
    tekio
    No, it wasn't. But it was pretty cool. Would love to go to the Smithsonian, though.
    Apr 22 2015 05:34 PM
Photo

StankDawg

Swinging the banhammer...
Apr 17 2015 10:53 PM
  • tekio's Photo
    tekio
    if/to
    Apr 25 2015 10:57 AM
    scratchytcarrier
    Hmmm... think that box might have been able to run Prevue Guide?
    Apr 25 2015 01:51 PM
  • tekio's Photo
    tekio
    HAha! That was an Amiga 500. I woke up one morning in the 90's and saw the familiar WorkBench Kernel Panic Error. on the Preview Channel.

It was a pretty sweet machine, IMO. Had an OpalVision graphics and Wanted a Video Toaster. But was saving up for a 500GB HD. I was really young, and mowing lawns didn't pay well... LOL

Apr 25 2015 04:23 PM
Photo

tekio

New Mac and back to work. I definitely would recommend Linux over any o/s for those who want to get into security or anything computer science related. I'm now pretty convinced OS/X is a great operating system for web developers. :-)
Apr 02 2015 04:57 PM
  • tekio's Photo
    tekio
    *as in studying Computer Science*

Apr 02 2015 05:01 PM
Photo

tekio

The most difficult part of reformation is the urge of low-hanging fruit. :-(
Mar 28 2015 02:37 AM
Photo

whixrr → df99

Nice esquire replica!
Mar 17 2015 06:51 PM
Photo

tekio

Funny that Apple is making pressure sensative touchpads and Windows manufactureers are still having trouble making a trackpad that even works. Things that make you go hhhmmmmm.
Mar 12 2015 02:25 PM
  • tekio's Photo
    tekio
    If you want to get anal: you said "make". I said Apple trackpad -vs- a non-apple product. You really think a guy making .30 designed, engineered, and refined them at Foxconn? ;-/
    Mar 13 2015 01:43 AM
    scratchytcarrier
    Dude... get a grip. It's just zeroes and ones.
    Mar 13 2015 09:29 AM
  • tekio's Photo
    tekio
    I'm just replying to your comments. LoL

You too, then. ;-)
    Mar 16 2015 08:28 PM
Photo

tekio

Spent the last hour and counting trying to download Cain & Abel. When I turn Windwos Defender off, that means I don't want it blocking crap!
Mar 10 2015 01:41 PM
Photo

tekio

Who the crap ships notebooks with a synaptics touch pad, using generic Microsoft drivers! Oh... Dell does. WTF?
Mar 06 2015 12:06 PM
    scratchytcarrier
    It's Dell. Surprise surprise.
    Mar 06 2015 09:10 PM
  • tekio's Photo
    tekio
    Nope. The XPS 13 is really nice. However, not trackpad driver is like buying a car with a flawed wheel. No matter how bad-ass it is, one cannot drive it to work if the wheel is square. LoL
    Mar 08 2015 10:32 AM
Photo

tekio

I love it when my computer calls me Batman! Go, go Cortana and Windows 10!
Mar 04 2015 04:00 PM

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!